• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
But please don´t be as awkward as Philipp Hansa. xscared

I will wear a T-shirt with a message of course.

"Slutty Ukrainian flight attendants, call me"

Ezio

Veteran
Rakky Ripper has an interesting song, but I doubt she will sound great live on stage. #sentimientos-mezclados

Looren

Veteran
Here we go

1. Aritz Aren - Flamenco : Omaga I absolutely love this, great song !

2. Blanca Paloma - Ea, Ea : Oh wow, this is something, love it
3. José Otero - Invierno En Marta : Love this ! Great stuff and impressive vocals

4. Fusa Nocta - Mi Familia : Special song, really like it

5. E' Femme - Uff! : This is some quality song, I like it

6. Twin Melody - Sayonara : Nice one but lacks that little something that would turn it into a goodie
7. Alfred Garcia - Desde Que Tu Estas : Liked Tu Cancion way more but this one is quite nice but yeah missing something
8. Alice Wonder - Yo Quisiera : First half was gorgeous, 2nd half was meh, but yeah decent song overall

9. Sharonne - Aire : Pff hard one, it has a very good chorus but the verses lack so much, feels like it can really be up-lifted by a good live performance
10. Sofia Martin - Tuki : Same that Sharonne
11. Karmento - Quiero y Duelo : Argh this is not bad but not good enough

12. Famous - La Lola : Nah man this is bland
13. Agoney - Quiero Arder : This is not my cup of tea at all xD
14. Vicco - Nochentera : Blarf, I don't like it
15. Meler - No Nos Moveran : This is the kind of songs that you forget the second after you stopped listening to it

16. Megara - Arcadia : NO
17. Rakky Ripper - Traccion : Oh god this is awful

18. Siderland - Que Esclati Tot : Avoid this at all cost

lasse braun

i think agoney could be an early favorite - sounds well.xqueenbitch
i have until now only heard 6-7 songs or so,because some still not available.

EscGeek

Veteran
Let's go!

Llegó la mami...

1 - Twin Melody "Sayonara"
2 - Megara "Arcadia"
3 - E'Femme "Uff!"
4 - Fusa Nocta "Mi familia"
5 - Vicco "Nochentera"
Honorable mention to Rakky Ripper. I'm curios to hear this live

Yaaay for Twin Melody. I first found out about them earlier this year when i was researching Emma Muscat's music. They delivered! xheya

Mainshow

Veteran
Benidorm was so much better last year.

I just like "Flamenco" by Aritz @Looren I guess we share the same favourite!
#2 ? dunno, maybe Megara?

Most of the entries are just some chaotic noise to me especially Agoney (why is he already a favourite?), Rakky Ripper (wtf), Sharonne (utterly horrendous chorus), Siderland (a wannabe football anthem for drunk str8 ppl?), Famous (see the previous comment), E´Femme (sounds dated and kinda trashy)

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran
I expected so much more after the great selection last year. Fusa Nocta and Karmento seem to have the most Spanish flavor. But I wasn't able to listen to José Ortero, Blanca Paloma and Vicco. The Link didn't work.

ESC94

Ok, Blanca is even worse, had to turn it off after one minute. xwall

Is it just me or does "Flamenco" sounds a bit like "Señorita" by Camila Cabello & Shawn Mendes?? xthink

FabiESC

01 Aritz Arén – „Flamenco“ 10/10
02 Agoney – „Quiero arder“ 9/10
03 Karmento – „Quiero y duelo“ 7/10
04 Fusa Nocta – „Mi familia“ 7/10
05 E’Femme – „Uff! 6/10
06 Famous – „La Lola“ 6/10
07 José Otero – „Inviernos en Marte“ 5/10
08 Alfred García – „Desde que tú estás“ 5/10
09 Sharonne – „Aire“ 4/10
10 Megara – „Arcadia“ 4/10
11 Rakky Ripper – „Tracción“ 4/10
12 Twin Melody – „Sayonara“ 3/10
13 Sofía Martín – „Tuki“
14 Meler – „No nos moverán“ 3/10
15 Siderland – „Que esclati tot“ 3/10
16 Vicco – „Nochentera“ 3/10
17 Alice Wonder – „Yo quisiera“ 2/10
18 Blanca Paloma – „Eaea“ 0/10

I expect more from Spain after Chanel, it's not a strong line-up. Love the songs from Aritz and Agoney, they are my clear faves. Karmento and Fusa could grow on me, the rest i didn't want to see them as a winner. Btw without the voice of the Rakky Ripper i would maybe love the song, but this voice are so awful, i really can't think that will be good in live.

lasse braun

meanwhile i have heard all songs through that nice tip in #125.
i think agoney will be the best choice,maybe "spain rammstein" too but there is no song caliber like terra or ay,mama under these songs.
further nobody know which strange ideas the jury will have for benidorm 2023?

p.s. aritz arén is the third better song for me.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I dug out my colour coded emoji laden ranking criteria thing from last year especially for Benidorm fest x I'm gonna go listen with some high hopes, I always look forward to what Spain has on offer because they slap hard when it comes to music. Caveat being I wasn't all that hot on last years selection at all. Below you'll see if I'm in a good coma, bad coma or left unmoved x

I died and was reborn [10] 🙌 🥺 🔥 🥵
-

Oo ok, I really quite like these a lot [8-9] 🌟
Jose Otero - Inviernos en Marte 9
Artiz Aren - Flamenco 8
Meler - No Nos Moveran 8
Megara - Arcadia 8

Average, kinda like them [6-7] 🙂
Twin Melody - Sayonara 7
Sharonne - Aire 7
Famous - La Lola 7
E'femme - Uff! 7
Agoney - Quiero Arder 6
Sofia Martin - Tuki 6

Eh [4-5] 😶
Rakky Ripper - Traccion 5
Karmento - Quiero y Duelo 5
Siderland - Que escalati tot 5
Fusa Nocta - Mi Familia 4
Vicco - Nochentera 4
Alfred Garcia - Desde Que tu estas 4

Not the tea [3-2] 😒
Alice Wonder - Yo Quisiera 2
Blanco Paloma - Eaea - 2

Pooja, What is this behaviour? [1] 🤢

Ok so I'm not offended by any song, so that is a plus, although Eaea came dangerously close. After all of that I was left rather unmoved tbh. I like the 4 I ranked 8 or more, any of them would be ideal for me although it is worth noting at this early stage it is hard for me to accurately mark out of 10 until the tone of the year is set, so they could improve or lower. I have an issue with a lot of these is that they seem rather... messy. A lot of them have random sounds thrown in, they've had everything and the kitchen sink thrown in. At the end of it it was Jose Otero who impressed me the most, at least his hasn't had 'select all' on the effects when making the song. It's nice and builds well.

Ezio

Veteran
Oh wow so much disrespect for Alice wonder already. this could go down as the Spanish Salvador Sobral moment, ojála

ayzelto

I have the feeling the best performance will be Aritz’s. He might not be my favourite but I think he’s the one with the highest chances

HayashiM

Veteran
Is it just me or does "Flamenco" sounds a bit like "Señorita" by Camila Cabello & Shawn Mendes?? xthink

It does to me as well, well spotted! The rhythm is very similar and the choruses have similar themes.

Everyone can see for themselves, even without going anyhow deep in music theory: go on https://www.onlinepianist.com/virtual-piano and play on your PC keyboard (I can't really note down the length of every note, but you should get the hang of it after a few tries):

V-B-V-C-V-B-X P-B-V-X ("I love it when you call me señorita", in usual western musical notation written as B-C-B-A-B-C-G_____E-C-B-G)
and then
C-B-V-C-D-C-P P-P-C-V-B-X ("My heart it beats flamenco, The more that we dance slow", in usual notation A-C-B-A-G#-A-E E-E-A-B-C-G).

As you can see, there is the occasional embellishment here and there in Arén's song, but the A-B-C part (played with B-V-C on PC keyboard) is exactly the same, and there is a similar pause on E as well as the theme of reaching C and then dropping to G.

I won't dig further but there is surely more. It's obviously not a case of plagiarism, but the similarity is still there, going deeper than just "it's two latino sounding songs".

Last edited:
Top Bottom