8 3.6%

22 9.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MS.

After several listenings: my opinion up until now: I really like the overall level and the diversity of the songs.
:12: Arcadia
:10: Quiero Arder

:8: Flamenco (happy to see many people like it here)

:7:Tuki
:6: Yo quisiera
:5: Quiero y duelo (this is so underrated in my opinion)
:4: Eaea
:3: Inviernos en Marte
:2: UFF!
:1: Nochentera

Last edited:

StephenMuckle

Some pretty good songs among this lot, even a couple of contenders for the win and it's clear Spain are trying much harder and putting more effort in.

However one major concern is that I could see Spain doing badly at Eurovision, at least in the televote in May simply because of a possible deliberate non-vote due to the behaviour of Spanish fans and press after Ukraine's win. As much as I felt Slo Mo deserved to win, I just think Spanish fans might have shot themselves in the foot and prevented their country from ever winning again.

Some pretty good songs among this lot, even a couple of contenders for the win and it's clear Spain are trying much harder and putting more effort in.

However one major concern is that I could see Spain doing badly at Eurovision, at least in the televote in May simply because of a possible deliberate non-vote due to the behaviour of Spanish fans and press after Ukraine's win. As much as I felt Slo Mo deserved to win, I just think Spanish fans might have shot themselves in the foot and prevented their country from ever winning again.

Oh yeah, the theory about a sure SloMo win stolen by Pentagon colluding with an invaded Ukraine, almost invaded runner up Moldova and the spies from MI6 that bought UK a first place with juries. The only element lacking in the theory was televote. 🤣

Personally, haven't forgotten that. Do I mind it this year and would it affect my preferences? No. I wouldn't "punish" an amazing artist or song like Euphora or Zitti e buoni because of their spoiled fans.

Though, now that I mentioned Zitti e buoni, you made me think again of the reasons for Fullen's / Alvan and Ahez' few pts with the televote. That was a banger. Maybe le ministère de l'Europe et des Affaires étrangère de la France could explain? 🤣

Looren

Veteran
Updated ranking before the show :

1. Aritz Aren - Flamenco
2. Blanca Paloma - Eaea
3. José Otero - Inviernos En Marte

4. E'Femme - Uff!
5. Fusa Nocta - Mi Familia

6. Sofia Martin - Tuki
7. Karmento - Quiero y duelo
8. Rakky Ripper - Traccion
9. Twin Melody - Sayonara
10. Alfred Garcia - Desde que tu estas
11. Alice Wonder - Yo quisiera

12. Sharonne - Aire

13. Megara - Arcadia
14. Agoney - Quiero Arder

15. Famous - La LOLA
16. Vicco - Nochentera

17. Meler - No nos moveran
18. Siderland - Que esclati tot

harey

Most of eurovision watchers know nothing about the behaviour of these Spanish "fans". And they are known for years in the fandom because of the way they behaved about junior eurovision, but SloMo was still a fan favourite.

There are a lot of really nice Spanish fans, I wouldn't tank a song I like just because of some stupid people.

DanielLuis

Literally 99.95% of the people watching and voting in May do not give a damn about anything that happens after the contest is over.

MAD20

Well these last days I've been listening several times to all the songs so here comes my opinion on each of them regarding the potential they could have in the contest and my personal preferences:

Contenders for the win:​

1. Fusa Nocta - 'Mi Familia' (10/10): Original, modern and with a recognizable Spanish flavour, for me it has everything to win both the Benidorm Fest and Eurovision.
2. Alice Wonder - 'Yo Quisiera' (10/10): Deep, intimate and modern as well, if Alice delivers with a proper staging and vocals, this could do a Salvador Sobral in Liverpool. I can 95% confirm this will not win considering the Chanel effect here in Spain...
3. Megara - 'Arcadia' (10/10): The perfect rock entry for me, powerful, not too heavy and with some kind of reminiscence to Evanescence group, this could do very very well in Eurovision.
4. Blanca Paloma - 'Eaea' (9.5/10): Once again, you can feel the Spanish touch with a kind of experimental vibe that makes it so special, Blanca Paloma came back with a different style on the same level as last year or even better.

Good:​

5. Rakky Ripper - 'Tracción' (8/10): It would definitely be something we have not seen before in Eurovision, the song is catchy, danceable and powerful. I'm worried about the live vocals though.
6. Agoney - 'Quiero Arder' (7.5/10): Probably the safest bet at this point, if something works as Chanel did in Turin, this could also work (let's not forget Cyprus downhill trip in 2018, 2019 and 2021). Anyway, I like it and I wouldn't mind it representing us.
7. José Otero - 'Inviernos en Marte' (7/10): The ballad of the year, I mean, nothing special, nothing new, but for sure jury material. I like it but I would leave space for something more unique. An upgraded version of Blas Cantó.

Good but not for Eurovision:​

8. Vicco - 'Nochentera' (7/10): Twitter community here in Spain is going bonkers with this song. It is nice and fun to be played in a club or to listen to it yourself, but definitely bottom 5 material when it comes to Eurovision (not to mention the super bland lyrics).
9. Karmento - 'Quiero y Duelo' (7/10): My guilty pleasure, I adore it and listen to it every day. One of the most authentic songs of the year for sure, but let's be honest, no Eurovision material here at all.
10. Siderland - 'Que Esclati Tot' (7/10): Same as Karmento, there's a special touch with the Catalan language but this would do a La Venda 2.0 in Liverpool. However, it is in my playlist as well.

Average:​

11. Famous - 'La Lola' (6.5/10): Neither great nor bad. At least it is catchy and danceable, but not my cup of tea. If it wins, I will not complain though, cause Famous can sing and perform very well and would make the most out of the performance.
12. Sofía Martín - 'Tuki' (6/10): As with Vicco, lyrics annoy me a little bit cause they make no sense at some points. It is just fine, I don't hate it but yeah, that's all.
13. Aritz Arén - 'Flamenco' (5/10): Aritz needs English diction lessons as soon as possible, I struggle to understand the lyrics at some points. An inoffensive song that is nice to listen, but nothing else.
14. Sharonne - 'Aire' (4.5/10): It is not horrible, it reminds me of the Eurovision good old times from the 00s, but aside from that I can't find any other positive thing in the song.

Please no way:

15. E'Femme - 'Uff!' (3/10): We couldn't miss the Chanel wannabe of the year, the girls seem to be nice but the song is just a huge no from me. They give me Hurricane vibes from Serbia.
16. Meler - 'No nos moverán' (2/10): Unique 2.0 with a worse song, something that pretends to be anthemic that ends as that, a pretension.
17. Twin Melody - 'Sayonara' (0/10): I've never been a fan of these girls, I mean, the song is catchy but not in a good way. RTVE can surprise you every single day, but if this wins I'll throw the TV out of the window for sure.
18. Alfred García - 'Desde que tú estás' (0/10): NO, NO and NO. If we are supposed to choose a ballad, it can not be this one. Apart from that, I'm still pissed for his victory in the 2018 NF against 'Lo Malo'.

Overall, as I said some messages ago, a pretty good and strong selection with some entries that have good potential to finish in the top 5 in Liverpool xcheer

DanielLuis

The way your ranking is basically the same as mine xdance
My only changes would be to put Blanca Paloma as #2 and Vicco and Karmento above Agoney and José Otero.

I do have to say, if Rakky Ripper manages to pull off "Tracción" live though, that would be a complete moment, that beat slaps. I would love to have something like that at Eurovision.
I absolutely sense a complete trainwreck is coming there, though :')

Looren

Veteran
I absolutely sense a complete trainwreck is coming there, though :')

Yeah tbh I sadly sense it too

Rakky Ripper, Agoney and Megara will be the most interesting to see live since they all have songs that are VERY hard to sing and stage live

MooseShoes

Well these last days I've been listening several times to all the songs so here comes my opinion on each of them regarding the potential they could have in the contest and my personal preferences:

Contenders for the win:​

1. Fusa Nocta - 'Mi Familia' (10/10): Original, modern and with a recognizable Spanish flavour, for me it has everything to win both the Benidorm Fest and Eurovision.
2. Alice Wonder - 'Yo Quisiera' (10/10): Deep, intimate and modern as well, if Alice delivers with a proper staging and vocals, this could do a Salvador Sobral in Liverpool. I can 95% confirm this will not win considering the Chanel effect here in Spain...
3. Megara - 'Arcadia' (10/10): The perfect rock entry for me, powerful, not too heavy and with some kind of reminiscence to Evanescence group, this could do very very well in Eurovision.
4. Blanca Paloma - 'Eaea' (9.5/10): Once again, you can feel the Spanish touch with a kind of experimental vibe that makes it so special, Blanca Paloma came back with a different style on the same level as last year or even better.

Good:​

5. Rakky Ripper - 'Tracción' (8/10): It would definitely be something we have not seen before in Eurovision, the song is catchy, danceable and powerful. I'm worried about the live vocals though.
6. Agoney - 'Quiero Arder' (7.5/10): Probably the safest bet at this point, if something works as Chanel did in Turin, this could also work (let's not forget Cyprus downhill trip in 2018, 2019 and 2021). Anyway, I like it and I wouldn't mind it representing us.
7. José Otero - 'Inviernos en Marte' (7/10): The ballad of the year, I mean, nothing special, nothing new, but for sure jury material. I like it but I would leave space for something more unique. An upgraded version of Blas Cantó.

Good but not for Eurovision:​

8. Vicco - 'Nochentera' (7/10): Twitter community here in Spain is going bonkers with this song. It is nice and fun to be played in a club or to listen to it yourself, but definitely bottom 5 material when it comes to Eurovision (not to mention the super bland lyrics).
9. Karmento - 'Quiero y Duelo' (7/10): My guilty pleasure, I adore it and listen to it every day. One of the most authentic songs of the year for sure, but let's be honest, no Eurovision material here at all.
10. Siderland - 'Que Esclati Tot' (7/10): Same as Karmento, there's a special touch with the Catalan language but this would do a La Venda 2.0 in Liverpool. However, it is in my playlist as well.

Average:​

11. Famous - 'La Lola' (6.5/10): Neither great nor bad. At least it is catchy and danceable, but not my cup of tea. If it wins, I will not complain though, cause Famous can sing and perform very well and would make the most out of the performance.
12. Sofía Martín - 'Tuki' (6/10): As with Vicco, lyrics annoy me a little bit cause they make no sense at some points. It is just fine, I don't hate it but yeah, that's all.
13. Aritz Arén - 'Flamenco' (5/10): Aritz needs English diction lessons as soon as possible, I struggle to understand the lyrics at some points. An inoffensive song that is nice to listen, but nothing else.
14. Sharonne - 'Aire' (4.5/10): It is not horrible, it reminds me of the Eurovision good old times from the 00s, but aside from that I can't find any other positive thing in the song.

Please no way:

15. E'Femme - 'Uff!' (3/10): We couldn't miss the Chanel wannabe of the year, the girls seem to be nice but the song is just a huge no from me. They give me Hurricane vibes from Serbia.
16. Meler - 'No nos moverán' (2/10): Unique 2.0 with a worse song, something that pretends to be anthemic that ends as that, a pretension.
17. Twin Melody - 'Sayonara' (0/10): I've never been a fan of these girls, I mean, the song is catchy but not in a good way. RTVE can surprise you every single day, but if this wins I'll throw the TV out of the window for sure.
18. Alfred García - 'Desde que tú estás' (0/10): NO, NO and NO. If we are supposed to choose a ballad, it can not be this one. Apart from that, I'm still pissed for his victory in the 2018 NF against 'Lo Malo'.

Overall, as I said some messages ago, a pretty good and strong selection with some entries that have good potential to finish in the top 5 in Liverpool xcheer
I haven't been able to rank all these entries yet, but there's a lot to agree with here. Some initial thoughts:

Megara is definitely my pre-show winner here. I need some more time to absorb the other ones you've mentioned as contenders.

Agoney's song is good fun and I'm looking forward to seeing it live. However, at the moment I'm kind-of opposed to it winning because it sounds like the sort of song that will be loved by the fandom but won't actually be a winner as it's essentially just a basic banger. When was the last time that one of those actually won? Yes, I know what Chanel did and she was amazing, but I want to see Spain going for the win if they continue to take Eurovision this seriously.

I don't quite get the OTT reaction to Nochentera, but I like the song. As a comparision, last year I completely understood other people's reactions to Ay Mama even though I couldn't stand it! Anyway, agree that Nochentera is unlikely to stand out in Liverpool.

I'll save my (longer) rant for another day but I have no time for Flamenco. I'm no expert, but I don't see how you can give a song that name when it exudes zero passion; it doesn't sound very Flamenco-y to me. If I'm wrong about this (I live in the wrong part of Spain) then I'm happy to be educated on why, but for the moment I have to ask if it counts as lame cultural appropriation when you do it to yourself.

Finally, not important, but I'm enjoying all these reaction videos pronouncing Siderland as Cider-land. xcheers

ayzelto

Ok, after three weeks I can say my top has changed. These are the 5 songs I wouldn't mind winning the whole thing at all (as long as the performance is good, of course):

1. Vicco
2. Fusa Nocta
3. Megara
4. Alice Wonder
5. Aritz Aren

I just hope Agoney doesn't win the whole thing... which would mean another bottom 5 for Spain.

elanyvx

1st Semifinal: Agoney, Alice Wonder, Aritz, Fusa Nocta, Megara, Meler, Sharonne, Sofia Martin, Twin Melody (alphabetical order)

2nd Semifinal: Alfred, Blanca Paloma, E'Femme, Famous, José Otero, Karmento, Rakky Ripper, Siderland, Vicco (alphabetical order)

Last edited:
  • Scream
Reactions: MS.

Looren

Veteran
1st Semifinal: Agoney Alice Wonder, Aritz, Fusa Nocta, Megara, Meler, Sharonne, Sofia Martin, Twin Melody (alphabetical order)

2nd Semifinal: Alfred, Blanca Paloma, E'Femme, Famous, José Otero, Karmento, Rakky Ripper, Siderland, Vicco (alphabetical order)

How many qualifiers from each semi ?

MS.

1st Semifinal: Agoney, Alice Wonder, Aritz, Fusa Nocta, Megara, Meler, Sharonne, Sofia Martin, Twin Melody (alphabetical order)

This is so unbalanced !!! :confused:
1st semi is by far the better one.

DanielLuis

Initially there had to be 16 singers in the competition, with 8 participants (4+4) in the final. I don't know if they will increase to 10, since there are now 18 singers.
Really hope they increase the number of qualifiers to 5.
This NF deserves 10 songs in the final.

Also, if they only do 4 qualifiers I would say SF1 ia completely lockd with Agoney, Alice Wonder, Fusa Nocta and Megara making it, and that wouldn't really be fair to the others. I guess with a 5th one Aritz, Sharonne and Sofia Martin would have a chance to fight for the last spot.
I'm predicting Blanca Paloma, E'Femme, Siderland and Vicco for SF2, with Alfred and José Otero competing for the 5th spot. If Rakky Ripper manages to pull off "Traccion" live though I think she's a lock-in, maybe in E'Femme's place.

Top Bottom