Pa’ romper cadera’, romper corazones
Solo existe una
No hay imitaciones (Na, na)
Y si aún no me crees, pues me toca mostrárselo

Take a video
Watch it slo mo, mo, mo, mo, mo
Booty hypnotic
Make you want more, more, morе, more, more
Voy a bajarlo hasta el suеlo, lo, lo, lo, lo (Yeah)
If you wish, you could do this dembow (Do this dembow)
Drives you loco (Yeah)
Take a video, watch it slo mo

Te gusta todo lo que tengo
Te endulzo la cara en jugo de mango
Se te dispara cuando la prendo
Hasta el final, yo no me detengo
Take a sip of my cola-la
Un poco salvaje na-na-na
Make it go like pa-pa-pa-pa
Like pa-pa-pa-pa-pa

Y no se confundan (Y no se confundan)
Señora’ y señore’
Yo siempre ‘toy ready (Yo siempre estoy ready)
Pa’ romper cadera’, romper corazone’
Solo existe una (Solo existe una)
No hay imitaciones (Na, na, na)
Y si aún no me crees, pues me toca mostrárselo (Oye)

Take a video
Booty hypnotic
Make you want more, more, more, more, more
Voy a bajarlo hasta el suelo, lo, lo, lo, lo
Drives you loco (Yeah)
Take a video
Booty hypnotic
Drives you loco (Yeah)

Y no se confundan (Y no se confundan)
Señora’ y señore’
Yo siempre ‘toy ready (Yo siempre estoy ready)
Pa’ romper cadera’, romper corazones
Solo existe una (Solo existe una)
No hay imitaciones (Na, na, na)
Y si aún no me crees, pues me toca mostrárselo (Oye)

Take a video
Booty hypnotic
If you wish, you could do this dembow (Haz el dembow)
Drives you loco (Yeah)

Take a video
Watch it slo mo​

Last edited by a moderator:

bstream

What’s funny is that I played BenidormFest as background audio while I was driving and I was thinking “Is this an interval act of an actual entry? They should send her next year because this sounds great!” When I soon found out this was an actual competitor, it became my instant favorite in the Spanish NF.

There are obvious elements that worked here. Chanel can sing, she ca dance, and she has the looks. Less obvious is her presence across Europe, that fans definitely noticed. She displayed a genuine (seeming) demeanor of actually wanting to be at Eurovision. Like Sam in the UK, she put her country’s very recent low scores behind her and focussed on being a good abassador of Spain to globe on the Eurovision stage. She shined on stage, beaming with energy and charisma.

As I said in the UK thread, these results are the most telling they have been in years. For Spain and the UK, Europe doesn’t “hate you,” but it is clear that they expect — downright demand — that you put in effort. If you do, it will continue to be rewarded. Very deserved result, here’s to next year!

Last edited:

Ausesken

edit : but yeah spanish fans are toxic af and I don't know why, where does that come from ? cause I've seen those toxicity from spanish fans in others communities i'm a part of. Like what happened in Spain in the past to create those gremlins kids today ?
gremlins kids :lol:

Imo those haters have a clear inferiority complex, so they push themselves up by insulting the others. I'd say Spain as a country (so the current Spanish nationalism, pretty much born during the fascist dictatorship) has an inferiority complex in general for several reasons, mainly because it focuses on the fact that it used to be an empire and now we are irrelevant: economically we suck, our military power is nothing compared to other European countries and therefore our political influence is ridiculously low. As they have nothing positive to say in this regard, they despise everyone who doesn't lick our ass. It's my theory :lol:

Hopefully another kind of nationalism (or 'national proud') arise in the next generations, a more inclusive nationalism. Spain has many good things to be proud of, which do not imply being better or worse than others, and which don't prevent people from loving other countries apart from your own.

popavapeur

gremlins kids :lol:

Imo those haters have a clear inferiority complex, so they push themselves up by insulting the others. I'd say Spain as a country (so the current Spanish nationalism, pretty much born during the fascist dictatorship) has an inferiority complex in general for several reasons, mainly because it focuses on the fact that it used to be an empire and now we are irrelevant: economically we suck, our military power is nothing compared to other European countries and therefore our political influence is ridiculously low. As they have nothing positive to say in this regard, they despise everyone who doesn't lick our ass. It's my theory :lol:

Hopefully another kind of nationalism (or 'national proud') arise in the next generations, a more inclusive nationalism. Spain has many good things to be proud of, which do not imply being better or worse than others, and which don't prevent people from loving other countries apart from your own.
yeah Spain has actually a lot to offer, it's one of my fave countries in Europe and obviously I feel connected with Spain cause we share a lot in common, it's just this particular point that baffles me (specially on internet cause in real life, well... people in real life are inoffensive lmao)

Great results for Chanel, again, she deserves it

Ausesken

yeah Spain has actually a lot to offer, it's one of my fave countries in Europe and obviously I feel connected with Spain cause we share a lot in common, it's just this particular point that baffles me (specially on internet cause in real life, well... people in real life are inoffensive lmao)

Great results for Chanel, again, she deserves it

People on the internet vs people in real life:

48jwa8.png

Hikaru

Thanks to Chanel maybe in some years there will be more people willing to represent Spain, because she has revived the dream and the hope of a lot of Spanish people!! I think the last time this happened in Spain was 20 years ago when Rosa went to Eurovision.

In these 20 years I do think there were years where we deserved bad placements, but also some where we didn't and that just helped to worsen the image Eurovision has in Spain, a contest where the money of the tax contributors go to waste, because we don't get anything from it... is not like we are asking to be top 3 every year, but for real that we don't ask to be at the end of the poll even when we have competent songs either. One year you can do it superb and maybe the next year you can fail, but not always, it doesn't feel natural even when it might be.

But Chanel... I think she has awakened a whole generation of euro fans here in Spain, she has brought us hope for the future.

Milos-BC

One word - robbed!

You can be proud of what Chanel did nonetheless, it's really too bad that this performance wasn't enough this year because of reasons that go beyond music.

She really nailed it. Both :uk: and :es: were top-notch in their respective genres. Glad to see :es: in the top after a while as well, I'm sure this is the beginning of a new trend for :es: in the following years and it is certainly deserved.

Ezio

Veteran
The South is slaying Eurovision and I am here for it

Bobjan FR

Oh i forgot, it would have been fun without Ukraine, she could have get 2nd place or even win, and give a lesson to everyone saying "i'ts a bad copy of fuego !"

HarryUK

I was shocked that Spain were racking up the jury points at the rate they were

I do feel that they benefited from being in a ballad heavy final however

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
:es: & :uk: continuing their twinning era by getting very similar results and i'm totally here for it. :de: found dead in a gutter (revenge for them accidentally doing well in 2018 me thinks). Super happy to see Spain up high in 3rd, even happier for our Spanish members because I know exactly how you're feeling right now being up high after so many years at the bottom. Initially I wasn't quite hyped for SloMo but Chanel is such a phenomenal performer and lifted everything. I voted for it in the final, and got one of my friends to vote for it also (who accidentally voted for Germany first lmao).

toinou03

In a normal year, Spain would have deserved to win. This is one of the best performances of the decade. Definitely up to the Fuego level ! I am blown away !

Rasmus0714

I'm VERY late to the party here but HOW did this get such few public votes in the national selection, and that stupid tits song get so many? The tits song was weird in a bad way.
Dollar store JLO got 3.97% while tit got 18.08%. Tit song is celebrating feminism and denounces censorship?
Dollar store JLO got cringer lyrics though: "
I make all the daddies go crazy
I’m always first, never secondary
As soon as I make doom, doom
With my boom, boom
And I got him making zoom, zoom
For my yummy
"

MopManMoss

Veteran
I'm VERY late to the party here but HOW did this get such few public votes in the national selection, and that stupid tits song get so many? The tits song was weird in a bad way.
Because spanish people actually understand the lyrics

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I have a question for our Spanish friends : does Chanel have an accent ? I'm watching the lyrics video and I notice that she never pronounces the s in 'te gusta', , 'este', 'dispara', 'hasta' etc.
My Spanish classes might be far memories, I don't reckon ever hearing this type of pronunciation :lol:

Top Bottom