Paā€™ romper caderaā€™, romper corazones
Solo existe una
No hay imitaciones (Na, na)
Y si aĆŗn no me crees, pues me toca mostrĆ”rselo

Take a video
Watch it slo mo, mo, mo, mo, mo
Booty hypnotic
Make you want more, more, morŠµ, more, more
Voy a bajarlo hasta el suŠµlo, lo, lo, lo, lo (Yeah)
If you wish, you could do this dembow (Do this dembow)
Drives you loco (Yeah)
Take a video, watch it slo mo

Te gusta todo lo que tengo
Te endulzo la cara en jugo de mango
Se te dispara cuando la prendo
Hasta el final, yo no me detengo
Take a sip of my cola-la
Un poco salvaje na-na-na
Make it go like pa-pa-pa-pa
Like pa-pa-pa-pa-pa

Y no se confundan (Y no se confundan)
SeƱoraā€™ y seƱoreā€™
Yo siempre ā€˜toy ready (Yo siempre estoy ready)
Paā€™ romper caderaā€™, romper corazoneā€™
Solo existe una (Solo existe una)
No hay imitaciones (Na, na, na)
Y si aĆŗn no me crees, pues me toca mostrĆ”rselo (Oye)

Take a video
Booty hypnotic
Make you want more, more, more, more, more
Voy a bajarlo hasta el suelo, lo, lo, lo, lo
Drives you loco (Yeah)
Take a video
Booty hypnotic
Drives you loco (Yeah)

Y no se confundan (Y no se confundan)
SeƱoraā€™ y seƱoreā€™
Yo siempre ā€˜toy ready (Yo siempre estoy ready)
Paā€™ romper caderaā€™, romper corazones
Solo existe una (Solo existe una)
No hay imitaciones (Na, na, na)
Y si aĆŗn no me crees, pues me toca mostrĆ”rselo (Oye)

Take a video
Booty hypnotic
If you wish, you could do this dembow (Haz el dembow)
Drives you loco (Yeah)

Take a video
Watch it slo mo​

Last edited by a moderator:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The forum going down just before Benidorm Fest final started was unfortunate but I hope you all enjoyed the show anyway. I slept through it šŸ˜« but did awake to the pleasing news that Spain have gone with what I think is the clear best option for a great result... well, five people did. Can't not point out just how unfair on the public this system was. If I was a Spanish fan of Tanxugueiras or Rigoberta I'd feel super robbed. I don't think I've ever seen such a skewed system before. Even had Chanel been 5th in this televote, she still would have tied as the winner. May as well as not got the public involved at all.

Having said that, right choice xheat A ridiculously high bar has just been set performance wise. Is SloMo the best song ever? Of course not. Is it decent? Sure it is. Is the performance and Chanel's charisma out of this world? You betcha! I recall reading that this is her debut and to be this world class already, oh boy. Astounding quite frankly. She's so, so good. I hope and am quite confident that this will finally be Spain's year to do very well again. The song is catchy, the camera worships Chanel and she's incredibly talented. There's a lot to appreciate.

A very good :8: points from me for now! Go Spain šŸ„³

Realest

Finally a spanish Entry that wont be in my Bottom10. 6 Points.

EscGeek

Veteran
Just for the record, Chanel was my #1 since day 1. - Before the fans went coo-coo over it. :lol:
Best spanish entry after Rodolfo! Yesterday was a very good day for me. (I'll ignore Norway and Lithuania's results for now..:lol:)

Tanxugueiras beating Rigoberta in televote meant we avoided a tie :eek:

Mainshow

Veteran
The forum going down just before Benidorm Fest final started was unfortunate but I hope you all enjoyed the show anyway. I slept through it šŸ˜« but did awake to the pleasing news that Spain have gone with what I think is the clear best option for a great result... well, five people did. Can't not point out just how unfair on the public this system was. If I was a Spanish fan of Tanxugueiras or Rigoberta I'd feel super robbed. I don't think I've ever seen such a skewed system before. Even had Chanel been 5th in this televote, she still would have tied as the winner. May as well as not got the public involved at all.

Having said that, right choice xheat A ridiculously high bar has just been set performance wise. Is SloMo the best song ever? Of course not. Is it decent? Sure it is. Is the performance and Chanel's charisma out of this world? You betcha! I recall reading that this is her debut and to be this world class already, oh boy. Astounding quite frankly. She's so, so good. I hope and am quite confident that this will finally be Spain's year to do very well again. The song is catchy, the camera worships Chanel and she's incredibly talented. There's a lot to appreciate.

A very good :8: points from me for now! Go Spain šŸ„³

I agree with you!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the show either because my parents had to call an ambulance for me. Covid-19 can be a bit bitch. My pulse had been 187, 199 and I was not able to speak/find correct words for a few moments...it was really scary.

That said, I am better now (just got 39 degrees/fever last night again).

I woke up to these news, however, and I'm somewhat pleased: Chanel is - in my opinion - the best option for Spain. Seldom had I seen such a charming, captivating and mesmerising performer on a Eurovision stage! She slays and is such a professional!
Due to the Latin beats and the great visuals, I can see this entry doing quite well in May.

That said, the song still feels pretty forgettable (she is not, though).

I have a very good friend from Galicia and he is rightfully pissed off. Personally, I think that "Terra" could have tanked in Eurovision (it is not as instant or memorable as "Shum") but it's what the people wanted. They both won the people's vote and that's why Chanel feels wrong as a winner (from a democratic view).

It bothers me that the Spanish fans and the Spanish public didn't have a say in this preselection. They should have had an internal selection instead. This was the most ridiculous, pathetic, unfair voting system in a national final I've ever seen (apart from that ridiculous Romanian NF in 2019...didn't the televoting just count as 1/7?!).

Anyway, congrats Chanel! Europe can expect a flawless and captivating performance from Spain in May- it still feels wrong she has won, though.

I can't award any points right now because of what did happen to me last night and like I said, I think her song is forgettable and I can't actually remember how it sounds... I just remember her flawless choreography and her stellar charisma.

empo21

Veteran
The forum knew the storm that was coming and decided to dip for the night.

I'm glad the best overall performance won. Chanel was great and deserved to win coming in as basically not many people's favorite and impressing the hell out of everyone. Surprised to see Rigoberta 2nd in the televote despite the hype and commercial success.

+ the Queen (idt its really misscatylove) has spoken - hater arguments are null

Screenshot-20220130-074548-Reddit.jpg

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I agree with you!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the show either because my parents had to call an ambulance for me. Covid-19 can be a bit bitch. My pulse had been 187, 199 and I was not able to speak/find correct words for a few moments...it was really scary.

I woke up to these news, however, and I'm somewhat pleased: Chanel is - in my opinion - the best option for Spain. Seldom had I seen such a charming, captivating and mesmerising performer on a Eurovision stage! She slays and is such a professional!
Due to the Latin beats and the great visuals, I can see this entry doing quite well in May.

I have a very good friend from Galicia and he is rightfully pissed off. Personally, I think that "Terra" could have tanked in Eurovision (it is not as instant or memorable as "Shum") but it's what the people wanted. They both won the people's vote and that's why Chanel feels wrong as a winner (from a democratic view).

It bothers me that the Spanish fans and the Spanish public didn't have a say in this preselection. They should have had an internal selection instead. This was the most ridiculous, pathetic, unfair voting system in a national final I've ever seen (apart from that ridiculous Romanian NF in 2019...didn't the televoting just count as 1/7?!).

Anyway, congrats Chanel! Europe can expect a flawless and captivating performance from Spain in May- it still feels wrong she has won, though.

I can't award any points right now because of what did happen to me last night and like I said, I think her song is forgettable and I can't actually remember how it sounds... I just remember her flawless choreography and her stellar charisma.

That's horrible. I'm so sad to hear you went through that :cry: I'm glad you seem to be feeling better now but still, please go easy. Sending you hugs and well wishes. I hope today is a better one for you.

Yeah, I think our views on the NF and Chanel are pretty much identical. It doesn't feel fair at all but I think the correct decision for a good result at Eurovision was made, just they've gone about it in a way that can only leave a sour taste, which is a bit of a shame. Hopefully the dust will settle soon as this is an entry worth getting behind.

And oh yeah, I forgot about that Romanian NF from 2019 šŸ„“ We can crown Benidorm Fest the second most unfairly skewed.

Last edited:

hpp0

I'm personally against having juries in national finals and especially international juries, simply because not only 80% of the time the people in the juries aren't actually music professionals (choreographers and directors are related to the performance, not the music that the juries should be judging) but also cause international jurors especially those related to the delegation of their countries might vote for an entry they don't consider that much of a threat in order for their country to avoid competition (I'm not specifically talking about that guy from Iceland I don't know how he voted, I've just seen it happening in the past). It would be better to have online voting if they wanted the opinion of non Spanish people, cause esc fans would sincerely vote for their favourite. If they want a San Remo voting system they should do it like San Remo not making a foul out of people who had to pay a ridiculous amount of money for their votes to barely count.

Anyway I hope they keep Benidorm Festival as a selection, cause it was really a step towards the right direction for Spain and the overall level of the NF was better than many other more established NFs of other countries. It was their first year organising this festival and the voting system can improve over the years. Same goes for the production of the show; not that it was bad, I just think they can do a lot more better.

Regarding the songs, Terra reminded me of Keiino's NF performance of "Spirit in the sky", which was a hot mess as well and had some unnecessary elements to it (some guys playing some instruments or dancers I think),yet they improved it in ESC and won televoting. The fact that it won both televoting and demoscopic jury, tells me that the song was actually the favourite of the people and it wasn't just the people of Galicia mass voting for it.

SloMo was the best performance by far, though not a slick as the semifinal one, but I actually liked that cause it was more alive and accessible. I think Spain will get their best result in years with this, even if it isn't as high as some hope, a 15th place in the final wouldn't be bad first step for Spain in order to get out of the bottom of the scoreboard. Imo there is a chance for an even higher result cause it is Spain sending a song like that not some random country and even if Latin music isn't exactly Spanish, they are associated with that in Europe. Anyway good luck and I hope for a good result cause they really put effort this year.

Ay Mama's performance is still not it for me, it is kinda like "I Don't Feel Hate" last year (I mean the intentions behind it, the relation to the song, the execution style etc, not the actual performance). If I can say something positive about it, is that I liked the build up of the song and it worked better for me live.

The rest were all great, especially Secreto de Agua who was up there with SloMo in terms of performance, but I personally got a bit bored in the middle of it. I'm kinda sad that we never got to see QuiƩn lo dirƭa live, I hope if the festival continues that we see Gonzalo back one day. My personal favourite was Eco however, nothing outstanding I know but I fell in love with the song after the live performance for some reason. Althoguh this performance was more polished and he sang better (still he was out of breath in some parts in the end but he was great in the rest), I prefer the more "messy" performance of the semi.

Sammy

Veteran
Staging: 9/10
Choreography: 10/10
Costumes: 10/10
Vocal performance 8/10
Song: 5/10
Originalty: 2/10

Overall, Spain could be happy about this entry hasnā€˜t there been the complete overruling of the will of the spanish viewers (both voters and demoscopic jury). I would have prefered Macbeths earth witches, they were amazing!
I wonder if Spain will join last years Cyprus, Moldova and Malta entries: high praise in he fandom beforehand, mediocre result in the end.

mauve

Veteran
I agree with you!

Oh - first the thing with your toes and now this! I hope you recover safe and sound! I am really sorry to hear this. I ahd Covid myself in September and thought it was a light flu because I just had temperature about 38Ā°C and no other symptoms. Later I found out I had Covid. I am wishing you the best, Mainshow!

Coming to the winner ... Probably not a bottom candidate in May, but just as you said totally forgettable song. Spain had a song like Terra (or even Calle de la llorerĆ­a) and what they get is a song below average. Well Juries. From me, Spain gets nothing more than 3 points. Sorry. Another year I can't support you!

harey

It is sad when the people of a country choose a song but are represented by an other song. Even if I have absolutely no opinion on the winning song - don't like it, don't dislike it - it shouldn't be the winner if public didn't root for it.

(it's the jury result, 50% of the points, that feels wrong because they just have to tank songs to help their favourites while public can only vote FOR their favourites).

The show was great!

Last edited:

ayzelto

Finally we are sending something that we like and I am sure she will be one of the best ā€œdivaā€ performances. She delivered what she wants to deliver in Beniform Fest. For the first time in ages I wonā€™t be suffering about messing the stage (Typical Spanish).
Song wise I prefer Rigoberta, but not for Eurovision.
I will give her 10 points on the poll.

Franzilein

What an infectious bass line, instantly likeable. She sounded pretty out of breath live, but I suppose that is to be expected when basically working out on stage. Hope she gets better control over time however.

AlekS

Veteran
I understand why many Spanish fans are pissed off - the juries clearly robbed Tanxugueiras hard, Chanel was only 3rd in televoting. But it's something different for Spain to send, and I mean quality. Yes, she does look like Doja Cat/Camila Cabello wearing a Dua Lipa costume, but she friggen nailed it xheat Yes, it's nothing new for Eurovision, but I can tell it's a Spanish entry, she dances like a goddess and she sounds awesome (for such choreo) at the same time xbow

Rigoberta's stage, ahem
YVJYVRq.gif
... a huge tit-globe wanted to come for that hamster wheel ludicrous epicness, but it would ended like British trumpets results wise. The vocals weren't it. "Mamamama" part is a choice.
As much as I like Tanxugueiras, let's be honest, the chorus has not enough lyrics. They should have ditched the male dancers.

Last edited:

Killer Dog

Genuinely curious why many people think Chanel has the potential to do very well. I think she'll certainly be a step up from Spain's previous entries, but doing very well? Like top 10 or even 5 as some people think, seems a bit of a stretch.
To me, Chanel seems most comparable to Moldova, Serbia or Cyprus from last year (not exaclty of course), and the best of them only came 13 - which although would be great for Spain, I think they could have hoped for better considering the strenght of Benidorm as a whole (perhaps this explains the drop in the odds for Spain). I think I prefer those three from last year more than Chanel anyway.
Then there are those saying that since Fuego came second, surely Chanel could do that well too. But let's face it, although Chanel might match Fuego's performance, the song isn't nearly as strong.
Regardless, these types of heavily choreographed acts in Eurovision with great dancing etc almost always do better in the televote. But Tanxugueiras and Rigoberta did better in the Televote, so is this all the evidence we need to tell that these two would have had more potential at Eurovision? Not to mention that they probably would have had greater Jury appeal as well?

Mrm

Veteran
Shameeeeeee... :(
"Icelandic" jury decided instead of Spanish ppl..
She was 3rd in televoting.. :(
But okay, it happens, I know..
It is really an entry with a potential for Spain, it is currentt, she has charisma and world class choreo, but it is just not for me... I do not like this type of entries, usually... I simply need more vocals here..
I will give :5: in the poll..

Mrm

Veteran
She was even 2nd with the demoscopic segment.. :(

AlekS

Veteran
But Tanxugueiras and Rigoberta did better in the Televote, so is this all the evidence we need to tell that these two would have had more potential at Eurovision? Not to mention that they probably would have had greater Jury appeal as well?
A tit-globe and mess of a choreo would have had better jury appeal?
A song with 1 line & lalalala in the chorus? Dunno, all 3 would have been butchered by ESC juries, imho.

Top Bottom