Se apague el sol, se caiga el cielo
A tan solo unos centímetros los dos

Y dejar atrás el miedo
Con ti alma entre mis dedos quédate
Porque yo voy a quedarme​

Last edited by a moderator:

Sammy

Veteran
According to this article on Eurovoix, international viewers will be able to cast their votes on an international platform as part of the Spanish national final as well!
Not a bad idea. Yesterday I was also able to cast my votes for Barbara Pravi. They speficically stated a number for people outside France amd the DOM-TOM.

VikingTiger

Last year I was so excited for Spain when I learnt that Blas was to be their representative. Then I heard the song...
I am afraid that I dont have high hopes for Spain this year. I really love the guy's voice - but I fear him and I do not share the same taste in music...
I wonder if he still finds that high note in Universo a good thing... for me that high pitched scream was the last lethal stab to a song that was half dead already...

Mrm

Veteran
I hope, I'm gonna like it more this time around..last year I really didn't like it. :(

Mainshow

Veteran
This gets more and more predictable whenever new info comes in:

According to Blas, the two songs are a "catchy song" (probably uptempo?) and a "touching" song (a ballad?). Also, Marvin Dietmann will be responsible for the staging. I don't think that's really something to be excited about - I know that Conchita win but Dietmann was also responsible for providing one of the worst stagings ever: Levina (Germany 2017).

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
A 2 song showdown just allows people to easily anti-vote tbh. We see it in other NFs all the time. A ballad vs uptempo (assumptions based on above) is highly predictable but I'm hoping the songs will be a step up from whatever last year was meant to be... Blas has some really good music but his entry last year was mediocre at best. Spain are lucky to have a 2nd shot at this.

crashworld

Veteran
This gets more and more predictable whenever new info comes in:

According to Blas, the two songs are a "catchy song" (probably uptempo?) and a "touching" song (a ballad?). Also, Marvin Dietmann will be responsible for the staging. I don't think that's really something to be excited about - I know that Conchita win but Dietmann was also responsible for providing one of the worst stagings ever: Levina (Germany 2017).

That's why I say we need at least a 3-song NF to mix things up abit. But let's hope the 2 songs are good enough and better than that bland "Universo".

MAD20

I have high hopes this year for Blas. He really needs to get us out of the bottom 5. I would be pleased to end up in the left hand side of the scoreboard :lol:

Loindici

Veteran

Loindici

Veteran
I know that Conchita win but Dietmann was also responsible for providing one of the worst stagings ever: Levina (Germany 2017)

Dietmann's work are undeniably professional and polished, and we can see that in his work as the stage director/deputy producer on several Eurovision shows, but sometimes were too clean for its own good. Levina's aren't that bad in my opinion, but it came across very sterile for a song dedicated to celebrating life. I'm afraid either one of Blas' songs will suffer from Dietmann's calculatedness and becomes very sterile and distant, although it seems to be a rare case for him.

mauve

Veteran
I can only hope that the two songs are promising ... I had enough disappointemnt with Denmark today ... IOTAP The truth will come out at 18.00 CET. xwait

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Memoria sounds like a very successful wasp attack. Unbearable.

Voy a quedarme I survived but I've got this feeling Spain are going to be very low down again in my ranking this year. I know a snippet isn't a full picture but sometimes they give you quite enough.

Top Bottom