6 3.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Spain-scaled.jpg

Puma11

3szsbq.gif

Ok Blas, now give us something better.

I mean, I liked Universo, I really do but it seems that other people were not the biggest fan of it. 🤷
But I think that someone who is pretty much big name in Spain can make better song, maybe something which will be even winner material. He deserve it.

I mean, Spain and winner in same sentence, I know how it sounds 🤣🤣 But you get the point.

MalagaToledo

Banned
3szsbq.gif

Ok Blas, now give us something better.

I mean, I liked Universo, I really do but it seems that other people were not the biggest fan of it. 🤷
But I think that someone who is pretty much big name in Spain can make better song, maybe something which will be even winner material. He deserve it.

I mean, Spain and winner in same sentence, I know how it sounds 🤣🤣 But you get the point.
Guapo, guapisimo Blas. Something like el no soy yo. I also like universo.

Puma11

I still think that this situation is blessing for him but imagine if he actually make even worse song than Universo. 🤣🤣

Don't play with my heart Blas. Make something good, please.

Yeah, I expect something like El no soy yo either or eventually some uptempo song. Safe to say that he's not really "BOP guy" but we'll see.

See you next year. ❤❤

TyEzzxa.jpg

MalagaToledo

Banned
xkiss :love: thank you for posting his hot pics. He makes my heart jump up and high. Love me some blas canto.

crashworld

Veteran
This is great! Even though the song is not my favourite but I am glad he is kept as the 2021 artist. Bravo to the Spanish broadcaster/delegation for not denying his chance.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Much love and support to Blas and his family in these horrible times for him. :cry:xrunhug
It's sad that his close family member won't see him shine next year in the biggest esc scene. Guys, if you can show him all the love and support right now. He needs to see how much he is loved. xheart

tuorem

My review:

SPAIN 2020 - Blas Cantó - Universo: "a waste"

Oh, the Big-5 struggles! I am distraught about how clueless we (minus the Italians) are. Spaniards have aligned a series of flops this decade that is a sorry sight, but saying it was underserved or unexpected overall would be a lie imo. So this year, they opted for a known name and a song selected internally. Putting the usual Spanish "we're gonna win" self-hype and fuss aside, I thought they would actually do things right and send a decent effort this year... Well, it's not quite right imo.

My only question is: why bother choosing someone famous to sing something random? I know it happened several times before in the contest (go ask Anggun, Bonnie Tyler, etc.), but still. "Universo" gives me Swedish-formula vibes and I already dislike it for that, the unfounded obsession with Swedes needs to end asap, that's not what I want to see from Spain. To be perfectly honest, while listening to the intro and getting into the vibe of the first chorus, I was like "ok, it's super mainstream, but they're gonna serve their own She Got Me. Fair enough." The thing is the whole composition goes downhill starting from the first chorus and its poor hooks (the universo-s, the beats, the oh-ohs)... When I think they sold it to us as if it was something deep. B*tch please! :LOL: Then the song plateaus until it ends, the bridge is useless and the high note comes out of nowhere, but it's there because there has to be one. After listening to the whole thing, it's hard not to believe that was not the product of what they thought was a formula for success, it so blatantly ticks all the boxes of what supposedly should make a good Eurovision entry that it's embarrassing. And at the end of the day, it doesn't work at all for me, and it seems I wasn't the only one to think so.

Prediction-wise, I think it would have been yet another Spanish flop in the making. Juries certainly would have supported it moderately because it's true plastic, but the viewers wouldn't have been tricked imo. Despite all the ingredients thrown into it, the song is forgettable and it's not really catchy either to be salvageable I'm afraid.

The good thing about the cancellation is that Blas gets a second chance and he should be thankful for that. Now it remains to be seen whether or not his team will take the mid reception of "Universo" into account and sets things right for 2021. At this point, we need a U-turn imo: drop the Swedish copycat nonsense and deliver something that can resonate more into people's hearts. I'm just saying...

Milos-BC

Yet another situation where I like the 2020 attempt more than what we have this year. I'm not sure what result it would've achieved but I liked it and the chorus instantly got into my head. This year's entry is quite a downgrade, unfortunately.

6 points.

Top Bottom