2 1.3%

6 3.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Spain-scaled.jpg

B3stbeats

Re: SPAIN 2020

OT2019 Confirmed with new surpises. The castings opens soon!

Kicker

I really hope they won't use OT again as National Final (at least from what I've heard its not confirmed yet)... At the end its just some random artists singing a song somebody else gave to them and it doesn't feel authentic at all.

Maybe an internal selection could be a possibility this time.
However, I would love to see artists like Antonio José o Blas Cantó singing for Spain.

MalagaToledo

Banned

Alvaro soler, Ricky Martin or gypsy Kings. :cool:

Loindici

Veteran

Jury behavior towards Spain is really predictable: are they always expecting Spain to send big diva ballads every year!?

VikingTiger

And once again Spain and TVE is going for an internal selection. Pastora Soler, El Sueño de Morfeo and Edurne were all internal selections.
Am I allowed to hope for a singer with Pastora's vocal abilities but with a song a bit more modern, spanish and uptempo?? Yes.... I am allowed to hope... And I am prepared to be disappointed.

esc87fan

Cristina Ramos would be an awesome choice for Spain. I saw both of her performance videos from "America's Got Talent: The Champions" and she blew me away both times

choda

I would prefer Cristina Ramos, unfortunately i think she wouldnot win for Spain. It would get place like Kate or Elina, juries often give amount of 140-160 points to operatic songs. It would need to be spectacle to win it. Probably, it would be my no1 in my personal top.

This is something that could win Eurovision. Staging and lights are perfect.

Ausesken

I would prefer Cristina Ramos, unfortunately i think she wouldnot win for Spain. It would get place like Kate or Elina, juries often give amount of 140-160 points to operatic songs. It would need to be spectacle to win it. Probably, it would be my no1 in my personal top.

This is something that could win Eurovision. Staging and lights are perfect.

Malamente looks so much better with a choreography:

I would use this outfit, I would make a choreography similar to this but with only two dancers (one in each side) and three backing singers.

But obviously we won't have Rosalía in Eurovision :lol: I think Cristina Ramos with a good song could be at least interesting to watch. Like I said the last year, I don't want a ballad. I want Spain to send again something with energy.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance

The thing with me is the vagueness of their statement. Saying they're selecting "a well-known artist" could just mean anything and makes me think they're looking to someone that's represented Spain before or that's attempted to (i.g. Famous).

Etanna

According to Greek media, RTVE had asked Eleni Foureira to go to Rotterdam :eek: But she said no...

https://escunited.com/rumour-rtve-asked-eleni-foureira-to-represent-spain-in-eurovision-2020/

That sounds quite desperate on their part. Hopefully she won't give in, it would be weird if she suddenly represented a completely different country after having done so well on behalf of Cyprus. It would honestly be a little unfair to Cyprus.

Anyway, it's not the singer that's the problem with Spain - it's usually the song/performance. I hope they will manage to put together a strong entry this year, the Spanish fans deserve a good result!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Good she said no. She doesnt need to go again and spain isn't the country she should be representing. What are they even doing asking her? :? Spain has so much great music, it doesn't need foreign imports.

theditz83

Veteran

Good she said no. She doesnt need to go again and spain isn't the country she should be representing. What are they even doing asking her? :? Spain has so much great music, it doesn't need foreign imports.

Fuego was a bit of a viral sensation in Spain I think. I remember seeing some suggested videos pop up in my YouTube feed from the programme "Tu Cara Me Suena" (a bit like Stars In Their Eyes) where someone performed Fuego as Eleni with the full routine, and Eleni was one of the judges. She perhaps gained a lot of popularity in Spain following the contest ;)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Fuego was a bit of a viral sensation in Spain I think. I remember seeing some suggested videos pop up in my YouTube feed from the programme "Tu Cara Me Suena" (a bit like Stars In Their Eyes) where someone performed Fuego as Eleni with the full routine, and Eleni was one of the judges. She perhaps gained a lot of popularity in Spain following the contest ;)

I know I've seen them myself, but it doesnt mean shes a good choice to represent them at Eurovision. If she lived there for years and didnt have the singular hit with Fuego then I could see it but it's not the case. Just feels a bit desperate imo.

theditz83

Veteran

I know I've seen them myself, but it doesnt mean shes a good choice to represent them at Eurovision. If she lived there for years and didnt have the singular hit with Fuego then I could see it but it's not the case. Just feels a bit desperate imo.

Yeah, does seem a bit desperate...

Realest

This Evening their Representer will be revealed.

Telediarios de TVE
@telediario_tve
¡Atención! Hoy sabremos quien nos representará en @eurovision_tve
. Solo Lluís Guilera y Lara Siscar saben quien es. ¡Os va a encantar! #MisterioEurovisio

FRFanESC

I hope they'll go for a bop or nothing. I find spanish ballads so cheap, I just can't say why.

Ausesken

I think Blas Cantó is a good choice, I just hope the song is good enough, as his last songs have not appealed me tbh.

Top Bottom