6 3.9%

2 1.3%

6 3.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Spain-scaled.jpg

Supp

The guy has solid number of followers. I assume he is famous in Spain. Will he be better placed than miki. It won't be hard, lol even though I thought miki would finish much higher than last placed. Is this blas guy gay, straight, friendly, is he controversial? Can Spanish fans tell us juicy details about him.

I'd say he's super friendly, very kind guy, good people. He can speak English, has tons of experience and is a Eurofan (he tried Eurojunior and remained second in national preselection just after Maria Isabel and her "Antes muerta que sencilla"). It's the typical son a mother would love to have and was the first male winner ever in "Your face sounds familiar". His songs are not specially my cup of tea (except from one or two) but it is a solid bid as singer.

As always we Spaniards must wait for the song, that terrifies me.

MalagaToledo

Banned
I'd say he's super friendly, very kind guy, good people. He can speak English, has tons of experience and is a Eurofan (he tried Eurojunior and remained second in national preselection just after Maria Isabel and her "Antes muerta que sencilla"). It's the typical son a mother would love to have and was the first male winner ever in "Your face sounds familiar". His songs are not specially my cup of tea (except from one or two) but it is a solid bid as singer.

As always we Spaniards must wait for the song, that terrifies me.

Well, we'll l have to wait for sure. This year I liked mikis song, it was one of rare songs I liked and he finished last. So I'm not optimistic about this one either. Look, pass, boyband, no thanks, everyone says his style is not their cup of tea, so yeah expactaions are low.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Woah.
At first I was "Who?" but then saw that he sings that super bop "Él no soy yo" xheat My 12 points in FSC #118 December 2018 :cool:
At this point I don't know what to expect from TVE. Last year I didn't think their performance was that bad but still flopped like hell.

Sammy

Veteran
Looks promising, sounds promising. I hope they don't give him a boring ballad.

Ausesken

Why you always compare singers and songs like they had discovered the powder? In what way is Blas Cantó the Spanish version of Luca Hanni? And I'm really curious to know what song made you think he is going with a Fuego 3.0?

And btw, what is Fuego 3.0? Anything that is not a ballad and is danced in a choreography? You think Eleni Foureira invented it?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
what was 2.0 even

Loindici

Veteran

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Eleni Foureira did not invent uptempo slutpop. Like... Fuego was La La Love 2.0. Which was Secret Combination 2.0. Which was Yassou Maria 2.0. Which was My Number One 2.0.

I find it hard to see what Spain is trying to achieve with this choice. I agree with Yoozek; Luca Hänni appears to be the goal, but Luca's 4th place came together with a good song, a great act and months of dilligent planning. I strongly doubt Spain can replicate that success. They had a great opportunity with La Venda last year and blew it.

Kicker

Luca Hänni 2.0?
Blas Cantó is rather a ballad singer than anything else, this comparison doesn't make any sense at all :?

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

VikingTiger

Wow!! Por Fin!! Blas Canto! I still remember Sentir back in 2004, I've kept coming back to the song ever since. I have more or less followed Blas' carrier since that. I also loved Hoy Quisiera - his attempt some years back in the spanish national elections. El No Soy Yo is definitely Blas' best try the last years.
The guy is a great singer. I am hoping and praying for a great song! The stuff he did in Tu Cara Me Suena proves he is a real entertainer.
I am getting excited, I admit...

MalagaToledo

Banned
Well, conchita had minimalistic staging and still won by a landslide. I think if u have great composition, vocal, melody nothing could affect your results. BTW, physically this canto is not the most pleasing guy, but I listened to his song el no soy yo few times xshock1

Preuss

What happened to "you shouldn't judge a book by its cover"? :lol:

Well it was just a vibe I got from watching and listening to some of his music + comments from others + trends that made me think it could be a possibility :lol:
But yeah, you’re right, I also thought so a bit due to his looks so... apologies!

MalagaToledo

Banned
comments from others made me think it could be a possibility :lol:
But yeah, you’re right,. apologies!

Well, you have brain. You should base your views, opinions based on what you think, not what others say. If everyone says putting ketchup in coffee is the best thing ever, would you do the same.

I'm always right, thanks! ;)

Preuss

Well, I'm not gonna defend the fact that I thought it could be something like "Fuego" :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that something like "Fuego" is bound to happen with Spain this year, just that there's a chance that something with similar vibes like "Fuego" and "She Got Me" might happen by someone as She Got Me happened this year after Eleni's success

Top Bottom