6 3.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Spain-scaled.jpg

Loindici

Veteran
Re: SPAIN 2020

Seems like a pretty established name. His song "el lo soy yo" seems really popular (65mi views) and he's a Eurovision dreamer. Western countries are surely taking the first steps.

missbones

I'm not really a fan of his music but I can't believe Spain chose someone internally in his highest/best moment career-wise instead of bringing someone just because their record label said so and especially IN OCTOBER lmao they have time to create a great entry, I hope they can do it

Koori

For now it seems like another 20-25th place :? Is he really that famous in Spain? Doesn't seem he is at least in charts

AlekS

Veteran
Not my cup of tea. Though I'm gonna wait until the release to form my opinion.
He still sounds better than majority of Spanish entries this decade ;)

ps. RIP Cristina Ramos rumours (hallelujah!).

tumblr_prsltzoYUR1qhl5f5o1_400.gifv

MalagaToledo

Banned
The guy has solid number of followers. I assume he is famous in Spain. Will he be better placed than miki. It won't be hard, lol even though I thought miki would finish much higher than last placed. Is this blas guy gay, straight, friendly, is he controversial? Can Spanish fans tell us juicy details about him.

ESC94

So this time an aged former boygroup member?? I´ve looked a bit on YouTube, and so far I´m not really impressed to be honest. :(

MalagaToledo

Banned

Seems like a pretty established name. His song "el lo soy yo" seems really popular (65mi views) and he's a Eurovision dreamer. Western countries are surely taking the first steps.

Actually, Spain is a southern European country geographically, but I assume you weren't referring Spain in geographic sense.

Loindici

Veteran
yeah, just the usual western-eastern dichotomy in this sense.

Ausesken

Yes, he is well known in Spain. Perhaps his songs as a solo artist are not hits (except for 'Él no soy yo') but he has proven to be a good performer on a very famous TV show. Imo predicting a bottom 5 without having a clue about the song is just wrong. Obviously -and he said so- he's not gonna sing something very different from what he has been doing (so don't expect metal or reggaeton songs), but that doesn't mean he can't surprise you all.

missbones

^^^^^ yes, i was going to mention that! He took part in Your Face Sounds Familiar, here are some of my fave performances by him:

Kicker

So this time an aged former boygroup member?? I´ve looked a bit on YouTube, and so far I´m not really impressed to be honest. :(
He's actually at the peak of his career right now and very well known in Spain. Look for "El no soy yo" and "No Volveré" and you'll get a clue about him and his music. :)

ESC94

He's actually at the peak of his career right now and very well known in Spain. Look for "El no soy yo" and "No Volveré" and you'll get a clue about him and his music. :)

I did that, it´s ok but I´m still not enthusiastic about it.

Loindici

Veteran
To add, his current style seems to be "bombastic guitar ballads". If done correctly, this kind of style can result in a great, catchy entry. High hopes for RTVE!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Oooo this is great. I'm excited for this choice. Él no soy yo is a really great song. Spain please dont let us all down. xpray

B3stbeats

In fact, he was member of the boyband Auryn. They were finalists in the Spanish National Final for Eurovisión 2011 with the song "Volver"

Top Bottom