6 3.9%

2 1.3%

6 3.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Spain-scaled.jpg

Franzilein

It's been a while since I liked a Spanish entry, but this one is pretty good, not gonna lie. I actually like the laid-back atmosphere here, not every song needs to ejaculate in the chorus.

My only problem is Blas himself. He seems kinda unapproachable and got the charisma of a brick wall, basically the Spanish Robin Bengtsson. Maybe it's just me though, hard to tell from a music video. Curious how the staging will look like.

So far strong seven points from me.

Citelis

I decided to give it another try and i downgraded to 3 points!

Last edited:

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-Good song overall.
-The vocals are weird in a good way.
-The instrumentals do their job.

THE BAD:
-Sort-of a similar sound to a previous entry.

THE VERDICT:
I hate to repeat this, but this song is weird...in a good way. While I don't think it'll win, it's too early to say for sure. His vocals are the interesting highlight of the song for me. This is just a good song, but it isn't a great song. So far, we're 2 for 2 in the quality of music this year, though. 8 points

Fluke

Great, another Duncan ripoff. :sleep:

hijirio

Veteran
Even North Macedonia learned from the past mistakes and upped their game, while the only two top 10 placings that Spain had in the past decade were both boosted by juries, and that is probably yet to change in 2020. Indeed, when will they learn?
I think EBU should introduce a rule that if Big 5 countries do poorly, they should be sentenced to go through the semifinals next year. It's not fair that 1/5 of the songs in the final are submitted from countries that don't even have in mind the pressure of going through semifinals.

• Like It
Reactions: Neo

HayashiM

Veteran
Even North Macedonia learned from the past mistakes and upped their game, while the only two top 10 placings that Spain had in the past decade were both boosted by juries, and that is probably yet to change in 2020. Indeed, when will they learn?
I think EBU should introduce a rule that if Big 5 countries do poorly, they should be sentenced to go through the semifinals next year. It's not fair that 1/5 of the songs in the final are submitted from countries that don't even have in mind the pressure of going through semifinals.

Well, what about them money? Nah, I am not complaining about this. If someone pays for a large and enjoyable party where I only bring a little bag of chips for, who am I to complain when that person is no fun but others are? This is the big 5's problem only, and the only thing that can change it is pressure from their own viewers, and / or a pure stroke of luck (hello Michael Schulte).

grazy2266

It seems to sound very familiar, I feel I've heard it before. It's pleasant but at the moment I can't see it standing out in the crowd

Alaska49

this only gets worse to my ears. his voice is just grating. very little redeeming qualities. downgraded to 3.

yuya.rooo

I do like the song but I can’t stand the high note at the end. I know it’s only a minor thing but it drives me mad, like he really wants to show off but fails miserably. 8 points for now I guess. Or 7

JollityFarm

I listened to this again, and I think it might currently be my favourite of the five released so far. I reserve my right to change my mind at any point, obviously.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

You know the diehard fans have basically given up when this video has a 2:1 like:dislike ratio...

ayzelto

I thought we were in the right direction with Melani, but this song is just, no. I want to see my country doing well, but that smells bottom. 5 points.

VikingTiger

I've given Universo yet another try. The song and the arrangement is far from bad. It starts of very promising. But the Uni-universooo is not a good hook. And that hight note gets worse with every listening.
What I am hoping will save this is Blas himself. He has a very interesting and carismatic voice that personally I love. And I KNOW he can slay live. I hope he does.
But then on the other hand, there's the staging.....and there is TVE (:eek:).... I could easily see TVE going in the direction of something Edurne-like (the worst "choreography" and staging even Spain has managed).... Hopefully Blas has better taste and more guts.

Uto

Veteran
But then on the other hand, there's the staging.....and there is TVE (:eek:).... I could easily see TVE going in the direction of something Edurne-like (the worst "choreography" and staging even Spain has managed).... Hopefully Blas has better taste and more guts.
I watched Edurne again because of you. That was just inexcusable, completely buried themselves while the song itself was basically fine.

I was thinking about the staging for Blas and I think they have some solid ground to build upon when looking at the video clip. There's a theme there with spinning around with the arms stretched and this works really well with the expansiveness of the song. Also, in the beginning he's wearing this long Matrix-like jacket. It's cool and it would probably look good spinning around with that. From that you can think of spirals in the background exploding into many stars or something along those lines. There's quite a lot of cool stuff you can try for this song.

Top Bottom