6 3.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Spain-scaled.jpg

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

NemesisNick

I've seen the official video on YouTube. The first verse is a bit dull, but the chorus is quite catchy, especially the repetitions of "Uni-Universo" (I can't make up my mind yet whether the number is about right, or a tad too many though). The video which accompanies the song gives a hint of a James Bond movie opening sequence; that tactic worked for Austria in 2014 ("Rise Like A Phoenix" - ESC 2014 winner), but didn't for Poland in 2017 ("Flashlight" - 22nd place in ESC Grand Final 2017). It's way too early to judge how well or badly this will do in the ESC 2020 Grand Final.

Romeo

I was waiting for this 'epic ending' that was spoken about..... I'm still waiting....

Its a good song but nothing special

cegs5

Just finished my first and perhaps last listening to this entry. It has everything I hate of a song, I just can’t find anything positive to say about it. I tend to be cautious when giving a score, but this just scream zero to me.

Himan

I'm agreeing with all of the above. Didn't give me emotions at all. Just a dull follow up of some well sung notes on a well-produced clip. Just no emotion, no dance emotion, no sad emotion. Even no emotion that I'm this bigger part of the universe. So 5 points I guess.

I agree that it lacks emotion and I find his way of singing in some of the parts very distracting... I hope he can at least sing that high live...

mauve

Veteran
Just listened to the song and it sort of leads to the middle of nowhere. It's not really bad, but not really good either. And that is sometimes an even bigger problem as there might be no controversy. Dull and boring. I will give it a few more listenings, but doubt that the song will give me some kind of fire. Disappointed. :(

mauve

Veteran
Ohhh, dear Spain... xcry
Eurovisonized to bits.. :( AT the beginning it sound all right but from the first chorus and further, my God, never ending..
I will give 3 in the poll...
Urrrrrgh I want to love Spain one year finally!! xcry

You spoke out of my heart. I can't remember actually ever liking a Spain song, or at least I can't remember. I am waiting for the day when a Spanish song gives me this WOW!-effect. Well, let's hope for next year and let's be positive. xcheerI was generous and gave it a :5: for now, but with the possibility to lower the grade.

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: Mrm

ClaudiuP

I knew this would happen. Every single time PR teams behind Eurovision entries build up so much hype around a song it only makes it flop because people actually expect something good and they get annoyed when they finally get to listen to the thing.

This one is no exception, I'm sure he's a nice guy and everything but the song is nothing special to put it nicely and I really dislike how it sounds in Spanish, I think that certain languages don't really work well for certain types of songs. It feels like someone singing a Ukrainian folk song in English. :cautious:

Ezio

Veteran
España es un regalo que sigue decepcionándome

Iker

Veteran
Unremarkable. Middling melody and vocal. But props for Spanish, but this won't be my thing I'm afraid even if it looks like a minor improvement from last year.

Uto

Veteran
While this song is unlikely to trouble the eventual favorites given that it's just a bit bland, I admire that it's a nicely constructed and tasteful song.

lacrymea

The 1st few seconds sound like Shape of You. Then the verses hit and it reminds me of Duncan and Mahmood put together. In Spanish. And finally the goats arrive in full force and that's where the song looses me altogether.

I'm sorry, dear neighbors. It just doesn't do it for me. Too generic, too eurovisionized. And i really dislike his tone. Very annoying, sorry to be harsh.

On a positive note, the song is very well produced and has some space to grow live. I can see juries going for this as well.

I'll give it a 3 for now.

JollityFarm

I'm not wild about it, but I like it well enough. I agree that it does sound like a lot of other pop songs around in the last few years, but clearly people like that kind of thing so I think it will do better than La Venda. Which isn't saying much, of course, and that's a shame because I still like La Venda better than this, but I obviously don't have my finger on the current musical pulse.

Kitakaze

Contemporary and commercial, I suspect this might get some long-awaited jury love for Spain, especially if Blas can hit all those notes and leave a lasting performance. Judging from the general reaction so far though it’s hardly top 10 material. They played it too safe.

Uto

Veteran
Judging from the general reaction so far though it’s hardly top 10 material. They played it too safe.

I don't really agree. The song is somewhat bland, but it's certainly not bad. There's also a lot to be said about the quality of the production which is really great and if he has the chops to really sing perfectly this is going to stand out due to the quality on display. Staging shouldn't be too hard, just keep the audience out of the shots until the last chorus, lots of zooming and panning on musical cues. If all this is done correctly this should finish 6th or 7th in a regular year.

blartashura

I quite like this. It's catchy and anthemic, and with proper staging it can achieve a good results. Hope he can nail those last high notes toward the end of the song.

Top Bottom