27 10.7%

17 6.7%

18 7.1%

21 8.3%

13 5.2%

41 16.3%

• Total voters

Alaska49

actually i still think tu canción was their best chance and that it flopped because tve is terrible and alfred is insincere with an annoying voice. i don't see lo malo leaving the surie zone at all, specially with tve being tve. like, we've heard shape of you before, you know?

Realest

tuorem

I've randomly come across Almaia's rendition of "City Of Stars" in OT, and I believe TVE would have had a serious card to play had they striven to properly showcase their chemistry (and romance). This precisely was visually and musically what they should have aimed at imo.

To me, this year's failure isn't due to Almaia, but everything else:

-Firstly the song: "Tu Canción" is cute or whatever, but TVE missed the mark. The boundary between being romantic and lovey-dovey is thin, but it exists, it's a matter of tastefulness balance. Regarding the arrangements, they were so overblown that the song sounded dated at times imo: something more timeless, stripped-back, only a piano would have been my choice.

-Secondly the staging, which was nonexistent: the duo didn't need much, but nothing was made to lay emphasis on them. Again, I feel the need to refer to this OT performance I've seen: the two of them playing the piano, with closeups of their faces would have been much more effective and easier for non-Spanish speakers to "get" their relationship.

-Thirdly their clothes and hairstyling: I don't know who decided all of that, because to me they sadly looked much older than they are. Amaia's curls were a no-go, she looks better with straight hair. And the outfits were too Disney from last century, classy yet modern ones would have fit their age.

My message has no particular point :lol: I merely wanted to express my belief that Alfred & Amaia - as representatives - were not a bad choice at all. Too bad TVE couldn't quite see their full "Eurovision potential" as both a duo and couple.

Mainshow

Veteran
3 pts - It was cute and Disney-esque in the end but oh well, Spain... pls.. you really really have to step up your game!

cegs5

Amaia just stated in an interview for El País: “I wish I never went to Eurovision, I had a bad time”

Bless her, she joins the club of bitter losers who despise Eurovision.

Top Bottom