18 7.6%

15 6.3%

19 8.0%

23 9.7%

24 10.1%

88 37.1%

• Total voters

tuorem

I think this song has been overrated by televoters: 5 points is too much for such a trainwreck. What was TVE thinking? I prefer to believe this was a disguised troll entry, as Manel wasn't even trying to sing in tune. :?

ESCada

Well, there was something "in the air" in Mirela's performance already in Spanish NF. She would totally shine in Kiev! There were only 2 "fair" pop uptempo songs in the final (Greece and Israel) and both on English! As Mirela would sing on Spanish and would have such memorable refrain, she would do best out of those song and would stand out easily! I'm pretty sure she could get at least top 15 with televote, even top 10 with great performance and with juries there is no way she could do worse than Manel
oh.gif

I would like now to hear that comment of those jurors who sent Manel over Mirela, especially that jealous female one who told during show that Manel "will appeal more to esc viewers" (xrollinglol).
I will not by hypocrite and will not act that I'm not glad that Manel got what he deserved because he could be gentlemen and give up when scandal started to happen and when it was obvious all process was so contaminated. With so much forcing, he got counter-reaction and hate on him. Reasonable.
Poor Mirela was big victim of all this process.

Basically NO
If anything Manel received all the hate .......... She just lost a chance to represent her country in a FESTIVAL .... IT's a FESTIVAL.
And that passed BUT MANEL was bullied for months to come.
I ain't saying the song is good
BUT
IT'S A FESTIVAL
no biggie

JonnyWest

For me it wasn't the worst song of the final but it certainly had the worst performance of the night xshrug hope Manel is doing fine despite the extreme reactions

Hele.

Basically NO
If anything Manel received all the hate .......... She just lost a chance to represent her country in a FESTIVAL .... IT's a FESTIVAL.
And that passed BUT MANEL was bullied for months to come.
I ain't saying the song is good
BUT
IT'S A FESTIVAL
no biggie

Well, considering all the facts we could find out and also, reactions of public and fans, I think it is pretty obvious on which way she lost this chance. Yes, it is festival and not most important thing in the world. But, some artists are investing their time there, have dreams about stepping on esc stage, spending hours and hours to practice choreography to preform best they can, there are also other people behind them on project etc.
And this "bullying" obviously didn't hurt Manel as he didn't care about it. Well, I guess you must do something bad to provoke such reaction, it doesn't come without doing nothing? Objetivo eurovision 2017 is over, esc 2017 is over and we are moving on obviously, but it is bitter taste.

Btw, on this referring on Mirela being victim - yes, she was victim of this process. She invested all of her best with great team, her time and has her dream that lasts more than 10 years to get on esc and then, such thing happens. I'm not trying (and do not want) to make you to think same as me, but just those facts that happen and that were shared here speak for themselves.

lacrymea

Well, considering all the facts we could find out and also, reactions of public and fans, I think it is pretty obvious on which way she lost this chance. Yes, it is festival and not most important thing in the world. But, some artists are investing their time there, have dreams about stepping on esc stage, spending hours and hours to practice choreography to preform best they can, there are also other people behind them on project etc.
And this "bullying" obviously didn't hurt Manel as he didn't care about it. Well, I guess you must do something bad to provoke such reaction, it doesn't come without doing nothing? Objetivo eurovision 2017 is over, esc 2017 is over and we are moving on obviously, but it is bitter taste.

Btw, on this referring on Mirela being victim - yes, she was victim of this process. She invested all of her best with great team, her time and has her dream that lasts more than 10 years to get on esc and then, such thing happens. I'm not trying (and do not want) to make you to think same as me, but just those facts that happen and that were shared here speak for themselves.

Portugal and Salvador are getting a shit load of hate on the internet. And we won in both fronts by a landslide. Hate doesn't always come with a reasonable reason.

By the way: i was completely oblivious to the whole Mirela/Manel thing. Blame whoever you want, but to put it all on the guy is just uncalled for. I genuinely feel sorry for him.

And i just watched the song from Mirela. Sorry for being blunt, but it wouldn't do much better, i'm afraid. :(

martin

TVE blaming Manel, the juror who pushed him to Kiev blaming Manel too... How professional when they are the main guilties of this choice.

The result is beyond terrible.
- Only 5 televotes, all of them from Portugal (thanks brothers xkiss)
- The second "best" televote comes from France. 19th place... Then 20th in Armenia. "DIFYL" was outside the top-20 in the other 38 countries.
- Spain was last in 16 televotings (16!), including usual "allies" like Italy or UK.
- The jury voting wasn't that terrible despite of the ZERO, but not much better... We were only close to get points from Azerbaijan (we were 11th there). Then only Bulgaria, Portugal, Belgium, Armenia, Cyprus, France, Finland and UK put Spain higher tan 20th place.
- 11 national juries put Spain last.

This needs a reflection from TVE. You need to be REALLY BAD to get this.

What?

Is TVE and the jury stupid or something. This is they fault and they know it. How on earth could jury choise him and that after televoting and everything agree that Mirera was the best choise?

TVE should use much more time with reflection about them selv and what they did. And juries should be fired. This result is horrible

Hele.

Portugal and Salvador are getting a shit load of hate on the internet. And we won in both fronts by a landslide. Hate doesn't always come with a reasonable reason.

By the way: i was completely oblivious to the whole Mirela/Manel thing. Blame whoever you want, but to put it all on the guy is just uncalled for. I genuinely feel sorry for him.

And i just watched the song from Mirela. Sorry for being blunt, but it wouldn't do much better, i'm afraid. :(

Well, Salvador got a lot of love and a lot of hate. This is non comparable: winning songs every year (without exception) are getting a lot of love and a lot of hate and it goes proportionally: more love, more hate. That happen with Loreen as well and other esc winners.
But, if we sum it, every year every song got some love and some hate reaction. There is no song which only will be "loved" or "hated" (there can be more of one side of emotions). But some unwritten rule is, as more fans are hyping some song, some other fans will bashing it more. :lol:

And it is not correct that me or others is "putting all on the guy". There is part of responsibility on his managers, on jury members who downgraded Mirela in his favor and all people who let this situation to has such outcome. Manel was most exposed (and of course when mentioning his song and Spanish entry will not referring to his managers or jury members but when scandal happen I told very directly my opinion on that) in all this process but he also played his role in this. Although, I'm very aware, he was probably leading himself for chances for his career and doing what he thinks is best for his career no matter what and was listening and following steps of other people that are behind him.
But when people have so much compassion to Manel, I do not get why they are just closing eyes on what happen to Mirela? If any of us invested our best talents, our time, our willingness to make our lifetime dream come true and one whole nation is behind you and then two random people appear (in total unplanned way) and one of them is in obvious conflict of interest etc etc., even do not want to imagine how it would feel? I just wonder where is sense for fair play here and compassion here. :(

And now I will say it very clearly here - I do not hate Manel (even people maybe could get such impression :lol:) but I do hate unfair. I'm not kind of person that will hate anyone because I do not want to poison my self with such bad feelings. But yes, I'm very sensitive on unfair. About Manel, in the end of this, even do not feel sorry for him but rather chose to be completely indifferent. In the end, he was last on esc.

In any case Mirela wouldn't do worse than Manel. As it is obvious that she got more than half points on televote in Spain I'm sure she would get at least 10 or even 12 from Portugal in televote! And surely wouldn't have such disastrous statistics in many other countries. Maybe she would be bottom 3 with jury and top 15 with televote and around 20th which indeed, wouldn't be much better. But, at least Spain would get representative they wanted, scandal would be avoided and everything around would be positive. Anyway, in such strange year, with uptempo songs easily getting stand out, it is difficult to predict. Many countries and artists surprised this year.

Anyhow, Spain is one of my favorite esc countries ever as I adore Latino rhythms songs and such strong, emotional ballads like Pastora or Ruth and all I wish for Spain is to come back as strong as ever in host country of their neighbor xcheer
(with some pop Latino song and Mirela :mrgreen:)

DanielLuis

The result is beyond terrible.
- The second "best" televote comes from France. 19th place... Then 20th in Armenia. "DIFYL" was outside the top-20 in the other 38 countries.
- Spain was last in 16 televotings (16!), including usual "allies" like Italy or UK.

This needs a reflection from TVE. You need to be REALLY BAD to get this.

Wow, that is absolutely terrible :eek:
And RTVE is blaming Manel? Weren't they the ones that pushed for his victory, anyway? And even if it wasn't, that's not something a broadcaster should do.
RTVE needs to get it's s*** together. They should fire all of the Eurovision team and appoint new blood for 2018!

Ezio

Veteran
The televoting reactions of the audience gave me life.

Zero points go to :at: .... Awwww :eek:
2 points go to :au: ....Awwwww :eek:
3 points go to :de: ..... Awwwww :eek:
5 points go to :es: ..... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY xyaaayxyaaayxyaaay

Ezio

Veteran
What also gives me life is the utter arrogance of RTVE of how they dealt with the Tongo they staged. They were like "we don't care about Spanish Eurofans, Manel will appeal for the International Audience anyway". But the International Audience completely destroyed this idea. RTVE/Manel could not have been brushed off harder than this, last place with technically zero points is the best reward for their tongo.

Maybe Mirela would have taken sh*t from the juries as well, but you know what: She could have received 200 points from the televote.

Brandt

The televoting reactions of the audience gave me life.

Zero points go to :at: .... Awwww :eek:
2 points go to :au: ....Awwwww :eek:
3 points go to :de: ..... Awwwww :eek:
5 points go to :es: ..... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY xyaaayxyaaayxyaaay

I thought it was more like trolling to congratulate Spain for the "big success" of 5 points that actually came for Spain. But idk :D

Hele.

Both compassions are not incompatible.

Not sure if understood it right (:oops: :lol:), you want to say that those compassion are different or that we can't have compassion for both, Manel and Mirela in the same time? I think its first and if so, completely agree but will not go in further elaboration or discussion as I think I said enough on this theme. xangel And also, really want to move on and wish for Spain to get amazing entry next year!

What also gives me life is the utter arrogance of RTVE of how they dealt with the Tongo they staged. They were like "we don't care about Spanish Eurofans, Manel will appeal for the International Audience anyway". But the International Audience completely destroyed this idea. RTVE/Manel could not have been brushed off harder than this, last place with technically zero points is the best reward for their tongo.

Maybe Mirela would have taken sh*t from the juries as well, but you know what: She could have received 200 points from the televote.

Well said xbow But even if Mirela wouldn't win 200 pts she could get decent televote result. There is no guarantee but simply, she already had great choreography at NF and at esc stage I'm sure she would shine. There simply was something contagious (I mean in positive sense), so positive in the air on that performance. I even do not like studio version that much as that live performance. It is so positive, so shine so full of life and positively and I think people would like it!

ParadiseES

@Hele
I say that it's compatible to feel compassion for Mirela because she was clearly and unfairly robbed in the NF. And, at the same time, feel compassion for Manel because he has been the scapegoat and has suffered an awful bullying for three months. I mean, there were many people who went to Kiev just to boo him! That's sad!!!

Ausesken

@Hele
I say that it's compatible to feel compassion for Mirela because she was clearly and unfairly robbed in the NF. And, at the same time, feel compassion for Manel because he has been the scapegoat and has suffered an awful bullying for three months. I mean, there were many people who went to Kiev just to boo him! That's sad!!!

I agree with you. I've always been very critical towards his song, his election, etc. but there's no need to be so mean with him. I read a lot of comments saying things like "I hope you never succeed in music" and other insults. In what way are these people better than the corrupt TVE? To me, they have all 0 values.

ParadiseES

I agree with you. I've always been very critical towards his song, his election, etc. but there's no need to be so mean with him. I read a lot of comments saying things like "I hope you never succeed in music" and other insults. In what way are these people better than the corrupt TVE? To me, they have all 0 values.

Some fans have been really sick about this. I remember one Spanish fan on Twitter replying to Conchita Wurst's tweet cheering Nathan, he told her: "MIRELA A EUROVISIÓN ZORRÓN CON POLLA".

It's like.... seriously. Solve your mental problems.

Ausesken

Some fans have been really sick about this. I remember one Spanish fan on Twitter replying to Conchita Wurst's tweet cheering Nathan, he told her: "MIRELA A EUROVISIÓN ZORRÓN CON POLLA".

It's like.... seriously. Solve your mental problems.

These people, along with TVE, are the main problems of Eurovision in Spain. These are the same people that usually dislike every single top in which Spain is not top 5 (unlike this year because of their hatred for Manel), or the same that constantly write on Youtube and other sites "Madrid 20xx", "we are going to win this time!", over and over again, despising other candidates/countries. Crazy maniacs. This is a very negative way to be a Eurofan and I'm really ashamed of them.

Edit: you can't imagine how much I dislike the dislike button. Not only on Youtube, everywhere xD

LakZaNokte

I actually kinda liked this, in a weird way xrofl2

It was so awkward and bad it was somewhat appealing.
By far not the worst entry of the year, at least not for me.

genreJake09

These people, along with TVE, are the main problems of Eurovision in Spain. These are the same people that usually dislike every single top in which Spain is not top 5 (unlike this year because of their hatred for Manel), or the same that constantly write on Youtube and other sites "Madrid 20xx", "we are going to win this time!", over and over again, despising other candidates/countries. Crazy maniacs. This is a very negative way to be a Eurofan and I'm really ashamed of them.

Edit: you can't imagine how much I dislike the dislike button. Not only on Youtube, everywhere xD

you say that I remember one year spain really got sha* on, I'm not saying acts that deserve to do better than they should do will always and I'm really not saying eurovision should be some non liberal affair, but maybe it's what makes them this way inclined

Top Bottom