21 6.8%

12 3.9%

8 2.6%

5 1.6%

3 1.0%

17 5.5%

• Total voters

Milos-BC

Very underrated :( She was great on stage! Great visual performance and vocally she was also better than I expected. Sadly, the song doesn't catch on the first listening (even though for me it still is one of the best ones this year), and that is where I find the reason for the end debacle.

Odalis

Camera work destroyed it.
It was the worst of the night, seriously. Static and empty.
The song is not so good as well, the arrangement is amazing though and eeeyeee eeeyeeeeooous, that's pretty much it.
Edurne looked so beautiful though, but it couldn't save it. Sorry, but it got what i expected. Would be better with a good camera work, of course.

VikingTiger

Edurne is a beautiful woman!!! She sings good. *The song is so-so. But the whole act really did not come together - I think this came off way to theatrical for lots of europeans, me included. This certainly did not have the "pan-european" appeal needed to do well in the Eurovision. And I think both the performance and staging actually brought this further down the lists.
As it was this wasnt loved by neither the juries nor the televoters.

Gnowall

I think, in 2016 could be a NF in TVE. Seeing was happen with ESDM and the poor result in 2013, maybe TVE make a NF to choose a singer and a song. And is logic, because be sure a lot of famous singers from Spain (watching Edurne´s result) are afraid again to go to ESC XD.

kamc

Edurne is a beautiful woman!!! She sings good. *The song is so-so. But the whole act really did not come together - I think this came off way to theatrical for lots of europeans, me included. This certainly did not have the "pan-european" appeal needed to do well in the Eurovision. And I think both the performance and staging actually brought this further down the lists.
As it was this wasnt loved by neither the juries nor the televoters.

I found the performance really strange and unintentionally funny when she kept prowling around the strange doing camp hand movements. It came across very cringe-worthy IMO.

Sammy

Veteran
I think, Spain should consider sending Edurne again next year with a better song. This one was already powerful, but lacked "ear worm"-quality a bit for me. A catchy chorus would have helped a lot, I'd say.

VikingTiger

I think, Spain should consider sending Edurne again next year with a better song. This one was already powerful, but lacked "ear worm"-quality a bit for me. A catchy chorus would have helped a lot, I'd say.

If Spain was to send a former contestant again I would definitely go for Pastora! That lady REALLY knows how to give a great live performance! Based on fantastic vocals skills alone! Give her a better song than last time and she will do magic on stage!

Sammy

Veteran
If Spain was to send a former contestant again I would definitely go for Pastora! That lady REALLY knows how to give a great live performance! Based on fantastic vocals skills alone! Give her a better song than last time and she will do magic on stage!

She'd be AWESOME!
But I always regret, they didn't send Coral Segovia. "En una vida" was just fantastic

GRE

Spain tried so hard this time, so sorry for them.
But the performance was messy.

Celia

I think, in 2016 could be a NF in TVE. Seeing was happen with ESDM and the poor result in 2013, maybe TVE make a NF to choose a singer and a song. And is logic, because be sure a lot of famous singers from Spain (watching Edurne´s result) are afraid again to go to ESC XD.

NF!!!! NF!!!!!!!!!!
tumblr_mu6kufB5uO1sdh94jo5_500.gif

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

ParadiseES

I don't think Pastora is going to Eurovision again. Especially not next year since she's pregnant now.

What it's really possible is a Ruth's comeback. She said she wanted to do it again and Eurovision was a success for her. She was completely unknown before and now she's well known. She might need another Eurovision because despite she's known and has a career now in Spain, her album was kinda a flop.

ParadiseES

For those who understand Spanish.... OMG What I've just found! A short movie called "Eurofan". Four minutes full of ESC stereotypes and I can't stop laughing (even if this is meant to be serious) :lol: :lol: :lol:

kamc

Brequette deserves her time to shine now after being cruelly denied in 2014:)

Brandt

During the contest week, I deeply disliked the song. Furthermore, the official video was way too ridiculous and absurd. Still, I dislike the studio version but her live performance has grown in a while. I only "enjoy" the song but according to other Spanish entries, that's too much I'd ask for.

tuorem

It's time for me to review the Spanish entry this year :D

Edurne - Amanecer

Song: To me, Amanecer is the best Spanish effort since I started watching the contest in 2009. There was always something cheap and/or missing in Spanish entries, "feel good" songs were not that great (La Noche Es Para Mi, Que Me Quiten Lo Bailao) and the ballads were ridiculously bland until now (Quédate Conmigo, Dancing In The Rain). "Contigo hasta el final" was a non-event to me. xshrug The only song that is still nice to my ears is "Algo Pequeñito". But this year, you were there to do well and you weren't joking. God knows how much I love songs with a dramatic feel, so no Wonder I like this one, the instrumentation is so epic, the chorus is really strong and got stuck into my head since I first heard it. At least a song that does not fall flat! Good job guys, now I know why you liked it so much.

Voice: Edurne's voice is really great :eek: I was impressed. I guess she was strong enough to carry the song alone and her voice was surprisingly soft at the same time, a complete change from the ear-splitting vocal exercises of Ruth Lorenzo last year, who should have bombed by the way imo. Performance-Wise, I don't see the difference with the studio version, it may be even stronger live, and even with the dancing routine she had during the break, she managed save some breath for the end of the song. Vocals on point!

Staging: It's an unpopular opinion probably, but I liked the fact she was alone on stage. This song didn't need any distraction imo. The dress change was a little bit random, the part with the dancer is nice but comes out the blue somehow :lol: Apart from that, I think everything was well put together. I enjoyed it a lot.

Outcome: One of the most disappointing results of the year to me. I knew reaching the top 10 would be difficult but how come it received so few points? :? To me, it was the best song of all the pre-qualified countries and I thought it would be 11th-13th, so a big no no to this awful voting. If that may be a consolation prize for Spain, this is the first time ever you enter my top 10, and even top 5, where you should have belonged in the contest. Good job Spain, I hope this won't be the last time I like your song that much ;)

Top Bottom