24 12.0%

14 7.0%

7 3.5%

10 5.0%

11 5.5%

11 5.5%

• Total voters

toinou03

Audience ratings: 5,3 milliones and 33,1%. Lower than last year, but higher than 2007 and 2011, lowest Eurovision ratings in the recent years.

Here the ratings 1992-2013:

2013 (ESDM): 33,1%
2012 (Pastora Soler): 43,5%
2011 (Lucía Pérez): 32,3%
2010 (Daniel Diges): 41,9%
2009 (Soraya): 35,9%
2008 (Chikilicuatre): 59,3%
2007 (DNash): 28%
2006 (Las Ketchup): 38,9%
2005 (Son de Sol): 35,5%
2004 (Ramón): 50,1%
2003 (Beth): 58,4%
2002 (Rosa): 80,4% (this was the most watched TVshow until Spain won EuroCup 2008)
2001 (David Civera): 45,7%
2000 (Serafín Zubiri): 34,8%
1999 (Lydia): 34,2%
1998 (Mikel Herzog): 32,3%
1997 (Marcos Llunas): 30,3%
1996 (Antonio Carbonell): 27,5%
1995 (Anabel Conde): 35,5%
1994 (Alejandro Abad): 26,1%
1993 (Eva Santamaría): 42,2%
1992 (Serafín Zubiri): 25,4%

Actually, we must take into account that in the recent years we have much more TV channels, so audience ratings are lower for everyone. Nevertheless, Eurovision is usually the most watched TV of the year, after football and new year celebrations.

:lol: 13.9 % in :fr:

Bravo cousins for holding the latin Eurovision flag ! :lol:

Ninotchka

I think the song was meh and the performance was awful. No, really, I know I said from the beginning that I didn't like her voice at all (It seriously affects my cochlea SOOC), but that said yesterday it was... horrible. Not only they seemed like a bunch of mates that have decided to form a band this summer and go from village to village in august singing the last Top 40 songs in popular parties, but she herself was... I dunno, nervous, terrified, shaked, and overall out of tune. She seemed a poor sheep dressed in yellow (beautiful, that's true) bleating for all it to end xcry1 I almost felt sorry for the poor girl. Almost, because she's suposed to be an artist and know how to do stuff like this, doesn't she?

I didn't like the song. But it could have been at least decent. I don't think this is undeserved; in fact, I would have put them in Ireland's place.

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against ESDM nor Raquel (except I don't like very much her voice), but seriously, people, have you seen what's out there? You cannot go to Eurovision with such a bland and lame show xgaah

And now I'll put this one because I love it and I haven't had the chance xpoke

Ninotchka

Well, I'm not surprised. I didn't know that man, but it really felts like in TVE something is missing or someone is not doing his job accurately. Every year we have the same lame choreography, the same chorus, the same scenography, the same... and it doesn't work. So why keep doing what doesn't work? Because they don't want to do it better, because they are really comfortable the way things are (less work to do), or because they don't know how to do it better. In every case, they need to move on. I think xshrug

ParadiseES

Yeah. There is an online petition -> https://www.change.org/es/peticiones/tve-dimisi%C3%B3n-de-federico-llano-como-jefe-de-delegaci%C3%B3n-espa%C3%B1ola-en-eurovisi%C3%B3n#share

I don't know him and I can't talk about that supposed authoritarian character. But it is true that he doesn't do his job and that has a reflection in the results. There are many people who love and know ESC world so well and could deal with the job much better than him. Starting from MYSELF ;)

Celia

I've heard he's a jerk and takes no interest at all in being competitive. Also that Soraya and Pastora had huge arguing with him and they even threatened to get back to Spain before the contest was over :?

ParadiseES

I've heard he's a jerk and takes no interest at all in being competitive. Also that Soraya and Pastora had huge arguing with him and they even threatened to get back to Spain before the contest was over :?

Yes, and Soraya has a veto on TVE because she made that public. And more things that we will start to know soon. This was about to begin.

Celia

Yes, and Soraya has a veto on TVE because she made that public. And more things that we will start to know soon. This was about to begin.

Wow, things being done wrong in Spain, I'm speechless :rolleyes:

As much as I dislike Soraya, TVE has been really unfair to her, and she took her job seriously and with lots of enthusiasm.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
My biggest support for Spain, you as usually underrated no matter what song and artist! But you as usually one of the best!!!
spaina.gif

And i don't know why people SO treat ESDM performance in Fina, it was great and I loved it xlove

toinou03

OK ! he did evil things to Soraya... (O) Let's fire him !!!!! :lol:

In fact, Eurovision is the only sport in which Spain doesn't win ! xrofl3 let at least that to the others ! xrofl3

But don't mess with Soraya !!! Live your dreams was such a tune in :fr: Even my pupils listen to it where I worked at time, and it was mainstream on radio and music channels on TV !

Alberca

I am very surprised with those who say that they liked the performance. You can like the song (I did, not much, but it was ok, average...), you can like the band (I do, I've always done), but the performance was really bad yesterday, just out of tune the whole low part of it. ESDM would have done WAAAAAAY better with another song.

Celia

I am very surprised with those who say that they liked the performance. You can like the song (I did, not much, but it was ok, average...), you can like the band (I do, I've always done), but the performance was really bad yesterday, just out of tune the whole low part of it. ESDM would have done WAAAAAAY better with another song.

I liked it as a whole but I agree she was shacky and her singing was very weak compared to others.

cegs5

True. We can't be biased, although I like the song (I don't love it but I like it) but It was pretty obvious how bad the live performance was, overall It looked so amateur, and honestly they should be thankful that didn't get the infamous null points, because they deserved it.

Yamarus

(Almost) as I predicted, ESDM ended up second-to-last... Very sad, because the studio version is easily in my top 10 for this year. The performance was very average, whereas plenty of other artists improved drastically from their Semi performance (most notably Belgium and Norway).

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
No shocker here, we predicted this to be last so Spain should thank Albania for saving them for that :D ESDM were probably intimidated by the language barrier as well as the amount of attention as they were not the most talkative group of people but they were very polite and attended every press conference and event they were scheduled to appear at. Unfortunately this was just not a song for Eurovision but I hope this won't discourage Spain.
Interestingly enough, the Spanish fans in Malmo really were the most inconsiderate ones, granted we're not talking about everyone but there was a big bunch of folks from Spain disguised as press attending the rehearsals and during the rehearsal of Georgia loudly screamed "PASTORA, PASTORA, PASTORA"...People did not like that at all. In addition, they were screaming and shouting between other rehearsals as well and were noisy in the press center....

ParadiseES

^
Spaniards are noisy. Unfortunately, I guess there's nothing we can do... Some of them could be more polite though ;)

cegs5

^
Spaniards are noisy. Unfortunately, I guess there's nothing we can do... Some of them could be more polite though ;)

...and If you add eurofans = Spanish eurofans, then you get a terrible formula (I know you and the Spanish fellows in this forum are not like most of them, which is great)

alca

No shocker here, we predicted this to be last so Spain should thank Albania for saving them for that :D ESDM were probably intimidated by the language barrier as well as the amount of attention as they were not the most talkative group of people but they were very polite and attended every press conference and event they were scheduled to appear at. Unfortunately this was just not a song for Eurovision but I hope this won't discourage Spain.
Interestingly enough, the Spanish fans in Malmo really were the most inconsiderate ones, granted we're not talking about everyone but there was a big bunch of folks from Spain disguised as press attending the rehearsals and during the rehearsal of Georgia loudly screamed "PASTORA, PASTORA, PASTORA"...People did not like that at all. In addition, they were screaming and shouting between other rehearsals as well and were noisy in the press center....

It wasn't me! I swear! I didn't have accreditation! :lol:

Top Bottom