9 2.2%

9 2.2%

8 1.9%

3 0.7%

28 6.7%

• Total voters

CPV4931

Re: SPAIN 2012

Spain hat very good entries in their mother language, f.e. 2009/2011, even if they didn´t have a good result with them.
I hope, they stay singing Spanish the next few years.

Alephosho

Spain hat very good entries in their mother language, f.e. 2009/2011, even if they didn´t have a good result with them.
I hope, they stay singing Spanish the next few years.
I don't think that Spain have intention of sing in English for now.

Sabiondo

I don't think that Spain have intention of sing in English for now.

Why..??? I thing that the Spainders had an closet minded in this regard, if English is the universal language, why not..??

Please stick with Spanish, it's a beautiful language :). You guys have great songs most of the time, I liked Soraya, D'Nash, Lucia. BTW, Soraya was robbed sooooo horribly *tsk tsk tsk*

I know that we had an wonduful lenguagge at all, but we care about the results..¡¡¡ We need the forumula and good song like Beth, David Ciguerra and Annabel Conde to at least Spain can enter at the TOP 10, how i wish that España can seend again an song like this:

Milos-BC

But all those successful entries were also sung in Spanish. If the song is good, it can be sung in a Mandarin language, it will work for the audience. I personally favor the option where everyone is free to choose the language they will sing in, but I don't like the trend of having all songs in English. It kills the spirit of ESC. Just like I am against having someone who isn't related to the country at all, but he plays for their national football team (random example).

Oh btw, and "Vuelve Conmigo" is the best Spanish entry ever imo :D I adore it!

Alephosho

But all those successful entries were also sung in Spanish. If the song is good, it can be sung in a Mandarin language, it will work for the audience. I personally favor the option where everyone is free to choose the language they will sing in, but I don't like the trend of having all songs in English. It kills the spirit of ESC. Just like I am against having someone who isn't related to the country at all, but he plays for their national football team (random example).

Oh btw, and "Vuelve Conmigo" is the best Spanish entry ever imo :D I adore it!
+1

The ESC should be a union of many cultures where each country can send songs with part of that culture and his history.

I'm Sorry, but I think bad that Azerbaijan can win with a song of Sweden in english taking a awesome culture.

Jesus

OK, I have the perfect candidate for the 2012 Spanish entry^^ now that she is in love with Piqué, she has more to do with Spain. Yes, it's Shakira!!!!

XDDD

PD: Alephosho, Todas tus amigas would be perfect!!! But it can't :(

Magizian

Since Spain is guaranteed a place in the final, I really think you should keep singing in your own language - even if it doesn't score you many points. I wish more countries would do that instead of sending acts with broken English.

CC92

Melody was robbed in 2009. How could public prefer La noche es para mi to her song?:? :confused: Bring her back for 2012!:D

Sabiondo

Melody was robbed in 2009. How could public prefer La noche es para mi to her song?:? :confused: Bring her back for 2012!:D

Because the Spanichs was beliver that to copy the Turkish Formula to be sucefull was about working to hers.....xrofl3

Sabiondo

+1

The ESC should be a union of many cultures where each country can send songs with part of that culture and his history.

I'm Sorry, but I think bad that Azerbaijan can win with a song of Sweden in english taking a awesome culture.

Yes, you are right but in the Euro also ''Se Vale Todo'' ... you can seend everything related to our culture but in the lenguage who do you preffer, but as our lenguage is Apreciate only for few countries related by our culture Diaspora on the votings: France, Portugal , Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland.. how we gonna do to send a good song in Spanish and will be liked in all Europe in addition to those countries that almost always vote ..???

Last edited:

ParadiseES

I'm really sick of the language issue. It seems like we must have two opposite and irreconciliable sizes for everything in Spain, including Eurovision.
I'm against any language rule. We just must send the best song we can, no matter the language. It should also represent our country and our music industry, and that's much easier to happen in Spanish, but everything is possible.
Anyway, I'm for a song in English for next year, just to give it a try and see what happens, but not as a rule.

ESC fans in Spain are horrible. They remind me to politicians. They can see their point of view and nothing else and will attack their own country if their favourite doesn't win as we have seen last two years, when many of them were so unfair with Daniel and Lucía and they didn't derseve that treat.
It seems like most ESC fans will only be happy if we send a diva singing some disco trash with a sequin dress and a wind machine. Otherwise it would be TVE's fault... :rolleyes:

Sabiondo

I'm really sick of the language issue. It seems like we must have two opposite and irreconciliable sizes for everything in Spain, including Eurovision.
I'm against any language rule. We just must send the best song we can, no matter the language. It should also represent our country and our music industry, and that's much easier to happen in Spanish, but everything is possible.
Anyway, I'm for a song in English for next year, just to give it a try and see what happens, but not as a rule.

ESC fans in Spain are horrible. They remind me to politicians. They can see their point of view and nothing else and will attack their own country if their favourite doesn't win as we have seen last two years, when many of them were so unfair with Daniel and Lucía and they didn't derseve that treat.
It seems like most ESC fans will only be happy if we send a diva singing some disco trash with a sequin dress and a wind machine. Otherwise it would be TVE's fault... :rolleyes:

I Agree, i was told this the last time and many pepole here were made with pride told me that we didn't change our way to sing cause the Spanich is an beutifull lenguage :lol: But whatever we seend in our lenguage will be sunked by the 2 sides: Televoting & Jury :cry: So, my last hope is that TVE can do an great preselection the next year, find an verry good song to translate it in English to see what happens.. If Greece, Turkey and Easten Countries where sucessfull sining good Songs in English, why not Spain..?? ;)

ParadiseES

Yeah, why not, but it's not really necessary as many ESC fans think. So yes if a good song in English language comes, but big no to translate songs into another language different than the original ;)

AlekS

Veteran

I don't give a shizzle about languages ))) I rate songs, not languages.

dizzydjc

It's about time Spain & Portugal do well in the contest.

With the recent success in Spain for Ruth Lorenzo, I would absolutely love to see her sing for Spain next year! Cracking voice and she would no doubt get a few points (hopefully) from the UK. Let's get a campaign going!

ParadiseES

She'd better go with the UK, since she has her career there, if she has, I don't know...

ParadiseES

How about this? I never liked this girl, but this song is modern, catchy and very Eurovision-ish, as it's nowadays...

Top Bottom