[ALL 12 POINTS]
[STATISTICS]

🇰🇷 🇰🇷 🇰🇷

8EsZ.gif

Last edited:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Public votes are meh for such things, it just becomes a popularity contest in the end, rather than who played it best - which is what it's about. Jay blindside was such a massive move though. They got him back though with that fake idol etc.
I agree - and the Brazilian public is sth else. You can't make a move and you'll be called FAKE omg how dare they betray their original tribe when they were at the bottom of it? Unforgivable!!!!!

Yes, I love that move too xheat props to david

theditz83

Veteran
I genuinely have no idea about Survivor. Seems weird that it's never really been a show that even a random satellite channel in the UK hasn't picked up since we have some amount of rubbish clogging up the channels that probably isn't anywhere near as entertaining as it would be.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I genuinely have no idea about Survivor. Seems weird that it's never really been a show that even a random satellite channel in the UK hasn't picked up since we have some amount of rubbish clogging up the channels that probably isn't anywhere near as entertaining as it would be.

When you consider we have I'm a Celebrity, and then like 496998476 versions of Bear Grylls survival on an island shows then you'd think it would be the case that we would have it. They're reallly popular here and I think Survivor would be also. I only really know about it because a friend watches the American and Australian one and I watched some seasons with her.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

theditz83

Veteran
I don't remember it but it seems so. They should reboot it.
Yeah I remember they did it in the UK years and years ago, but I think it was before its time in terms of the popularity of that style of show. Definitely if they did a UK reboot, or even started by showing the US or Aus version on the likes of E4 or ITV2 then it would develop a keen following for sure. The same thing has happened with Married at First Sight with the Australian version gaining cult status that it has now majorly influenced the style and format of the new UK series (for the better I reckon!)

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Funny UK didn't jump on the hype train. In France, our version (called Koh Lanta) is the most popular tv show and has been running since 2001 despite a few tragedies. Whether people follow it or not, they all heard of it, and during the 2020 lockdown, the audience skyrocketed, giving it even more life.

Eulaliya

In the Philippines our version of Survivor lasted only 4 seasons (I remember them when I was a preteen) and it went downhill for the last two celebrity editions. Now the most popular reality show here is Big Brother, and I don't really care for it.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Funny UK didn't jump on the hype train. In France, our version (called Koh Lanta) is the most popular tv show and has been running since 2001 despite a few tragedies. Whether people follow it or not, they all heard of it, and during the 2020 lockdown, the audience skyrocketed, giving it even more life.

I think maybe because we have I'm a Celebrity get me out of here, which is similar to Survivor, in which there is 2 tribes (only in our case it's people who mostly fit the term celebrity very loosely instead of normal people), people vote for who does trials and who is eliminated/wins, with the tribes sometimes battling one another etc. But it's far less snakey and gameplay than Survivor. The trials are usually super gruesome eating trials or whatever, unlike survivor who seem to do things like puzzles and skill based stuff. That routinely gets like 10 to 15 million viewers each year. I agree with Gary though, that format would suit our TV a lot nowadays, I think if they reboot it then it would be a massive success.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I think maybe because we have I'm a Celebrity get me out of here, which is similar to Survivor, in which there is 2 tribes (only in our case it's people who mostly fit the term celebrity very loosely instead of normal people), people vote for who does trials and who is eliminated/wins, with the tribes sometimes battling one another etc. But it's far less snakey and gameplay than Survivor. The trials are usually super gruesome eating trials or whatever, unlike survivor who seem to do things like puzzles and skill based stuff. That routinely gets like 10 to 15 million viewers each year. I agree with Gary though, that format would suit our TV a lot nowadays, I think if they reboot it then it would be a massive success.

Yep, we don't have a celebrity version here, and I think it wouldn't have as much success because the biggest appeal of our version is that it shows how regular people managed to pursue their dream of participating and surpassed their abilities. We have the All-Stars editions with former participants who became kinda celebrities, but at the end of the day, they are not.
Also, the Survival trials depend on the country too. The recent French editions put a lot of puzzles and balance trials, but from what I gathered they are usually more physical than the US Survivor ones.

Love how we hijacked SoKor's thread xheat

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
IT ALL STARTED HERE............................................................

And due to a break in 103, that means I'll reach a milestone next edition, three years later.

In WV 148, I will send my 50th entry. xcry xcry xcry

I'm emoshen and I decided to celebrate it with a special NF! I picked some artists I've sent during this South Korean run and sadly flopped in the semi. All of them will get a second chance with a brand new song! Maybe it's their time to qualify? xcheer

SO.

HERE.

THEY.

ARE.

LOONA: sub-unit version (WV 109)

LOONA: group version (WV 120)

Dalshabet (WV 121)

Bursters (WV 122)

Yoo Chae Young (WV 129)

KARA (WV 133)

LOONA: solo version (WV 135)

Roots Redeem (WV 136)

Kim Hyun Jung (WV 137)

Yukika (WV 142)

[YOUTUBE PLAYLIST]

PM-Friendly list:

LOONA 1/3 - Sonatine
LOONA - Butterfly
Dalshabet - B.B.BI (Big Baby Baby)
Bursters - Lost Child
Yoo Chae Young - Emotion
KARA - Lupin
Olivia Hye - Egoist
Roots Redeem - Door
Kim Hyun Jung - If It's The End
Yukika - Secret

Scoring:

Send me a message through escunited/discord!

:12: :10: :8: :7: :6: :5: :4: :3: :2: :1:
12 is your fave, 1 is your least fave.

Deadline:

Two days before the WV 148 submission deadline.

Voted:
::ceca :seou: ::mida :us: :br: :be: ::ista :es: ::kans :jp: :md: :west:

I hope you join this celebration with me!!!!​

Last edited:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
@Arion @Journalist @empo21 @FabiESC @AshleyWright @RainyWoods @hijirio @Uto @Edweis @Seok-jin @Krishoes @nekoisneko @theditz83 @theCONWEL @NikolaiMoller @ZoboCamel @Morocco2021 @Steffan @Gera11 @cegs5 @lavieenrose @SwedishFailurez @Amir @Grinch @kopachka @pras @Charly - I think most of the previous NF voters + potential voters are here? But if I forgot you, I am a clown and you are 100% welcome to vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most of the NF is pop, but I tried to have some variety in it, anyway. xrose

Top Bottom