Contact us

Something fishy about the dream team...

rasmuslights

Veteran
So have you noticed how high the scores for Moldova and also Greece were? I find it really off and strange for such lackluster performances.

For example, Slovenia gave Greece 8 points and just think that there is no way that Slovene people judging by the comments had Greece anywhere near top 3, I'd even say she wasn't even in our top 10, I'm judging by the comments and also we don't have a Greek diaspora in Slovenia...

And don't get me even started on Moldova who clearly cheated somehow..

kruskica

Yeah probably, Bulgarian jury gave 12 points to Moldova and 10 points to Greece (every single one of the jurors gave those exact points), so yeah, something is really fishy there. I was pretty sure both of these countries would finish in the right side, but I underestimated the power of Kirkorov.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Funny you should ask because...
tenor.gif

Operation Saucepans Masterpost
@RainyWoods and I are compiling everything we have available arguing both for and against potential Moldovan fishiness & calling it Operation Saucepans, so here it all is compiled. I'm not coming down on one side or another - just gathering what we have. If there's anything you feel should go in any subheading, let me know:
Evidence For:
-more televote semi 12s than anywhere else, many of which evaporated completely in the final
-somewhat haphazard collection of countries smitten vs. unimpressed
-motive. Kirkorov doing anything for Esk success is hardly a secret - the man really wants it.
-recent history - fairly inexplicable landslide victory at the 2020 NF, for example
-iTunes downloads, Spotify streams, etc. - easy to imagine lots of televotes but a dearth of commercial success for a very well-performed song, but not really for...this
-Kirkorov's weird thanking of Greece (of all places!) at the press conference when Greece's point total for the song was still unknown
- https://vocaroo.com/1o4Qu7aB6j8Q
-semi 2 televote did penalize rough vocals, like Czech Republic
Evidence Against:
-"sniff test" - this all sounds really, really, really, really weird
-semi 12s came from countries that would be tough to rig through power-voting like France, Greece, and Serbia
-jury result, which may've been much simpler to rig (fewer people), in line with other songs in the same genre
-meme factor may've just helped the song along a lot
Interesting Stuff Not Really Arguing One Way Or Another:
-Kirkorov has a long history of Esk success, and while some of his successful entries aren't my personal taste, this is the first whose success made me go "what."
-much larger audience in final - could either mean televote audience changed or became harder to game

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
I really think EBU should look into this, I feel a bit sad for Moldova though because I feel this is more the work of one evil man (Kirkorov) and not really the Moldovan delegation or broadcaster as a whole but it's Moldova that ultimately will be thrown under the bus by the EBU if some punishment will occur, when I think Kirkorov and the Horror Team should just be banned from Eurovision (which frankly would be good for our ears too).

I hope there will be consequences, but I hope the right people will be punished here.

Ezio

Veteran
Are France, Serbia and Greece really so tough to rig through power voting?

Granted, France has a big population, but I'd guess the market share for the semifinal is really small. So I guess all three places could be targeted by dream team power voting.

I would concede that Moldova had, eventhough sung underwhelmingly, guilty pleasure potential, but then those votes would have had to come in more consistently from all the continentn.

nofuxCZ

The fact we gave Moldova 12 points in televote both in semi and final is really suspicious. No one talked about it here, Czech ESC community didn't like Moldovan performance and we don't have such a big Moldovan diaspora here, definitely not as big as Ukrainian one and Ukraine got 10 points from us in the final. I suppose it's easy to rig our televote when so few people are interested in ESC here. I really wonder though how did they managet to win the televote in the semifinal in countries like France, I would thought more people watch it there so it wouldnt be that easy.

Ezio

Veteran
wiwibloggs, the investigative and independent Eurovision fan outlet, is on it.

On the one hand, they want to be the first to report it, and nudge the EBU or mainstream onto the topic, on the other hand, they cover their asses by very important reminders.

Let’s remind ourselves that Moldova’s participation was produced by the notorious “Dream Team”, headed by Bulgarian-Russian Philipp Kirkorov and Greek songwriter Dimitris Kontopoulos. Therefore, whilst this point exchange may just be a coincidence, it may also be a matter of loyalties.

Coincidences and matters of loyalties are absolutely OK, so no problem here. Except for tacky side matters such as integrity, professionalism and so on.

The other reminder is, that Natalia was promoting herself in Russia a lot. Hence, those 12 points from France and Portugal.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Funny that in Russian post show kirkorov said thank you Russia for 12 and how some other countries gave high score and Host shaded him 'every country Kirkorov's leg stood in' 🤣

A-lister

Veteran
wiwibloggs, the investigative and independent Eurovision fan outlet, is on it.

On the one hand, they want to be the first to report it, and nudge the EBU or mainstream onto the topic, on the other hand, they cover their asses by very important reminders.

Let’s remind ourselves that Moldova’s participation was produced by the notorious “Dream Team”, headed by Bulgarian-Russian Philipp Kirkorov and Greek songwriter Dimitris Kontopoulos. Therefore, whilst this point exchange may just be a coincidence, it may also be a matter of loyalties.

Coincidences and matters of loyalties are absolutely OK, so no problem here. Except for tacky side matters such as integrity, professionalism and so on.

The other reminder is, that Natalia was promoting herself in Russia a lot. Hence, those 12 points from France and Portugal.

Wiwibloggs is sponsored by the Horror Team though, they've been promoting them for years so I am not surprised they are trying to make up excuses.

pyryniemi

Greek televote result (like the 3rd place in Slovenia, 1st in Georgia, 3rd in Czech Rep...) is really suspicious as well.
Almost as if they have a common denominator.

pyryniemi

also, Moldova finishing 9th in the Finnish televote in the finale seems VERY suspicious as well

goncalovieira

They really need to be investigated.
Eurovision without them would be a dream!

A-lister

Veteran
Also forgot to say great news, Kirkorov also said he will work with Russia next year. Cant wait 😑

Oh God hope not...

He (and I think also Kontopoulos) needs to be checked by the EBU and sanctioned (= banned) from the contest.

When olympics dope they get banned from olympics, and I think it's about time this team gets exposed finally.

Also, it would save us from another decade of bad entries :lol:

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
I don't think even a change.org will ever change anything since Kirkorov is sponsored by Putin :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
I don't think even a change.org will ever change anything since Kirkorov is sponsored by Putin :lol:

Is Putin head of the EBU? I mean Putin couldn't influence the Olympics committee, if EBU has some balls then there should be an investigation here and sanction against certain individuals.

wtf

What is especially fishy is how Moldova scored all those televoting 12s in the semi. Latvia and Estonia gave 12 to them on Thursday then 0 just two days later? Makes no sense.

FilipFromSweden

Honestly ... I can see why the song got 13th place. It's my best friends favorite (he is half Spannish half Swedish), it has a really catchy tune and it really tried to appeal to the Tik Tok audience with the specific dance being pushed.

Top Bottom