Contact us

Something fishy about the dream team...

A-lister

Veteran
Honestly ... I can see why the song got 13th place. It's my best friends favorite (he is half Spannish half Swedish), it has a really catchy tune and it really tried to appeal to the Tik Tok audience with the specific dance being pushed.

My mother liked it too, and while I think it has more appeal than people are willing to admit, I think indeed there are fishy things in the semi voting and jury voting here tbh.

hijirio

Veteran
I'm not gonna endorse Kirkorov's disgusting behaviour but why are we not also discussing the fishy jury votes from Malta, France, Bulgaria and Italy?

Somehow many hot favorites placed each other 11th or lower in the jury, and the same songs got 8-10-12 in the televotes from the same country. Very sus.

It has been happening all the time, but considerably more this year.

A-lister

Veteran
I'm not gonna endorse Kirkorov's disgusting behaviour but why are we not also discussing the fishy jury votes from Malta, France, Bulgaria and Italy?

Somehow many hot favorites placed each other 11th or lower in the jury, and the same songs got 8-10-12 in the televotes from the same country. Very sus.

It has been happening all the time, but considerably more this year.

Agree, but this thread is about the horror team, there is another thread for general fishiness of 2021.

Although, I think it's easier to prove bribery or tampering than what you point out, not that this isn't a problem, it is, but in the end of the day there's so much we can do about it xshrug We also can't have a system where EBU is stepping in and telling juries that they HAVE to vote for a certain entry because it's popular in the odds or something, then we could just let the odds decide the winner and call it a day xshrug

HayashiM

Veteran
Spotify sugarfree viral trends for :cz: (there's also Zitti e Buoni and Arcade in the top 20 of today's most played songs in absolute numbers):
1. Shum
4. Zitti e Buoni
6. Tout l'Univers
7. Dark Side
9. Russian Woman
12. Je Me Casse
13. Voilà
14. Voices
15. El Diablo
16. Discotheque
18. 10 years
23. Mata Hari
(27. Fairytale - Alexander Rybak :) )
32. Set Me Free
34. Love Is On My Side
48. Fallen Angel

But I mean, sure, let's give a :12: to Moldova! :D

(I'll give this a break soon, I promise :) )

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Yesterday the only ESC song (except Voilà #23) to make the Spotify TOP 200 in France was :it: (#74)
I really don't understand how we gave our televote :12: to :md: in SF2, and 7 in final. It's a song people either disliked or couldn't care less about. It's not as if we usually give points to Moldova, as we do to Israel.
The other given points (:it: :ua: :pt: :ch: etc.) were coherent though.

And as I said in French thread, I don't understand how Greece won our jury vote. Especially when someone who put it 1st semi put it 23rd in final.

crashworld

Veteran
I agree. That disastrous green screen effect getting top 10? And that painful vocals got top 15? I feel genuinely unjust for those artists that ranked lower than them.

Ezio

Veteran
Greece has the same score as Bulgaria, right? 24 points included from Cyprus. So, Bulgaria should be officially 10th, they only have swapped 12 points with Moldova.

Top Bottom