Contact us

So do we all agree Lithuania would have won Eurovision 2020?

Neo

Switzerland won the vote on this forum, and different votes from forums to national TV stations have had different winners, but it seems Lithuania are consistently in the top.

Also, last year's winner was a 'serious' song, and the year before was a 'fun' one, so maybe it was time for a fun one again, and there were several good ones of this type with Russia and Iceland to heighten its appeal.

As much I love the Swiss song, I feel it would come to soon after the serious winner Netherlands 2019, and I believe there's also a phenomena where people in tough times tend to prefer lighter stuff in culture, and the covid pandemic might have influenced voters in this way.

tomos2019

As much as I wish this situation hadn't happened, if that song had got a better result than 'We are the Winners' then I would have dodged a bullet there lol!

I think it would have qualified, and possibly got near the top (if it had qualified over Latvia I would not have been happy) but I think it's chances of winning in the odds did get less as time went on so it's 50/50.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Thank God that Eurovision was cancelled this year. Iceland, Lithuania, Russia or Switzerland would have been awful winners.

tomos2019

Switzerland I like more than those other 3 but I would have easily had the knives out for Lithuania the most if THAT was their first win...just no.

Realest

The only Thing that many People agree on, is that one of :lt::ru::is::ch::bg: would have won.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Thank God that Eurovision was cancelled this year. Iceland, Lithuania, Russia or Switzerland would have been awful winners.
You spelled "awesome" wrong. ;) Well, except for Switzerland.

I think Iceland would have won tho, but I would have been all aboard the hypetrain for Russia. :D

esc87fan

No, we don't agree that Lithuania would have won. The juries would have severely torpedoed Russia, and I don't think Iceland, given all the hype it got, would have won either

Sammy

Veteran
I think it would have been either Iceland or an act that came out of nothing with an excellent staging. I‘m pretty sure Switzerland wouldn‘t have won - too similar to last years winner.

Uto

Veteran
I quite firmly believe Azerbaijan would have been the winner if the staging was done well. Those saying Iceland I can understand, there's good reason to think that. Lithuania would have finished in a solid spot, but there's just not enough voters for that type of music to ever win and Iceland would have robbed them of a good number of votes as well.

Top Bottom