Ko brez mene z drugim stran odhajaš
Hočem te
A ti drugemu srce oddajaš
Pleševa
Ampak to je le v mojih sanjah
Ne, ne bo te nazaj

EscGeek

Veteran
Amaya (maja keuc) continues with her tease of return...

in the last interview she was talking about falling in love with Damiano (as a joke ofc) and that she wants to meet him. and that she loves how eurovision awarded "non-eurovision" songs this year and also how she would be more herself if she had a chance to go to esc once again.

it's also highly likely she will sing in slovenian since she has recently moved to Slovenia (she has lived in Sweden for the past seven years tho) and will start a new page here.

this is her last song written by Zalagasper actually!

Oh, i didn't know she moved back to Slovenia. Now I'm really optimistic about her return. :D

Looren

Veteran
The Queen is back :love: She is the winner of Popevska 2021.

I really like her voice but I think that she can do a better song that this one (which is good but not enough imo), still would be interesting to see her in EMA this year !

@tuorem to Elvanyx's post above xheat

Also quite a few people really liked Veronika's song. Somebody to maybe look out for in future EMA's

This song is way too cute xheart

Hope to see her in EMA someday with a similar song

tuorem

Raiven? She's lost three times already though and since I've been too emotionally invested edition after edition... I don't know if she'll ever make it. She's got potential, but locals are off-put by her somehow.
That part aged badly, and I'm in shock. Thank you dear @njdevils94 for summoning me. xkiss

The Queen is back :love: She is the winner of Popevska 2021.

OMG, I can't believe she won something. xheart :lol: I've read the public voted for her, please tell me it wasn't a hoax.

It's fantastic she gets recognition for a song she wrote herself right after the KAOS debacle. And she looked pretty charismatic imo.

After a big hiatus, I started checking her out on Instagram again and I feel like she's in a transitional period of her life: she's been reconsidering her presence on social media, got back to her original hair colour, admitted she no longer wanted Raiven the character to overshadow her mezzo-soprano self. She's been showing Sara and her operatic performances a lot lately. She seems to have matured and I'd be curious to see how it would impact her future material.

With that fresh victory, anything is possible regarding a potential comeback I guess. :)

edit: I'm binge-listening to the song xmusic It's James Bond meets Castlevania dungeon realness. Why am I so weak with her?

Last edited:

Ajeje Brazorf

I think Slovenia has the potential to be one of the next powerhouses in Eurovision: they have young talented singers, capable songwriters, the quality of Ema's is getting better year after year, but they seem to ALWAYS make the wrong choice for Eurovision, sadly.
From 2016 'til now I only liked Sebi and it's a pity, because Slovenia used to be one of my personal bests every year.

I hope 2022 will be a better year for them: songs like Amen won't ever make you succeed, so Slovenia, c'mon! Show me what you are really capable to do!

AlekS

Veteran
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUxMONDtX1v/

There will be 2 semis. 6 songs (3 selected by televoters, 3 - by the jury) from each semi will advance to the final. 50/50 voting in the final.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUxBBqVti3k/

24 songs will take part in EMA Freš. 4 weeks of online voting this year + 2 TV shows in January.
2 TV shows:

7zMm77T.jpg
aObyNM5.jpg

1 performer from each TV show will be selected for the EMA semis by televoters, another one - by the jury.

Last edited:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I think Slovenia has the potential to be one of the next powerhouses in Eurovision: they have young talented singers, capable songwriters, the quality of Ema's is getting better year after year, but they seem to ALWAYS make the wrong choice for Eurovision, sadly.
From 2016 'til now I only liked Sebi and it's a pity, because Slovenia used to be one of my personal bests every year.

I hope 2022 will be a better year for them: songs like Amen won't ever make you succeed, so Slovenia, c'mon! Show me what you are really capable to do!

If there's one country without any potential whatsoever in Eurovision, that's Slovenia. Sure, there are other bad Eurovision countries, like Italy, Lithuania, Norway and Portugal, but Slovenia in particular will never have any big success in the competition, because of their own mentality and approach. Bland and boring songs, singers without any charisma, star quality or relevant career, which you can see by the lameness of their stage names like Amaya or Manu, absence of resources for any memorable stagings or also any kind of concept, a national selection whose songs get forgotten the day after, all these things will make sure to keep the country at the bottom of the scoreboard year after year, like it happened so far, both as an independent country and even during the Yugoslavian times.

Ajeje Brazorf

If there's one country without any potential whatsoever in Eurovision, that's Slovenia. Sure, there are other bad Eurovision countries, like Italy, Lithuania, Norway and Portugal, but Slovenia in particular will never have any big success in the competition, because of their own mentality and approach. Bland and boring songs, singers without any charisma, star quality or relevant career, which you can see by the lameness of their stage names like Amaya or Manu, absence of resources for any memorable stagings or also any kind of concept, a national selection whose songs get forgotten the day after, all these things will make sure to keep the country at the bottom of the scoreboard year after year, like it happened so far, both as an independent country and even during the Yugoslavian times.

I highly disagree, but I respect your opinion. My opinion is they seem to pick the wrong song for Eurovision year after year, at least the last few years they disappointed me in their results in the National Final. They don't underperform because they have not talent, it's more the opposite imo. They underperform because they are WASTING it. When they will learn this thing, I'm sure they will do great things.

I hope they didn't give it up after 2011, where they detroyed Amaya's possibilties with that horrid staging that didn't fit a bit the song she was singing (which was my favourite before contest, and still is one of the best songs of that weak year. The year when Lipstick and Popular were considered good songs, yuck...), because the singers are not the problem here. The problem is: when they have the song, they come out with awful stagings, when they are at point with the staging (like this year) the song sucks. Simple as that.

Another example is the fanbase loved Verjamem: the song is actually good, Eva Boto sounded good, not incredible, but good enough to be a Q. But the staging and the backing vocals were dreadful. Result? A deserved NQ, for me. I'm the first criticizing these kind of things, but as I said: it's not a question of talent, is a question of not being able to choose a quality song and a staging that fit together.

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
I wonder what will send Slovenia, it's actually one of my favorite ESC country, had them several times in my top 10 and my top 5, Verjamem is also one of my fave ESC song

The problem is: when they have the song, they come out with awful stagings

I strongly disagree with you on this, imo they have one of the best stagings years after years, Sebi's staging was the best that year, Verjamem's one also was pretty good,but well I guess that it's a matter of opinion

Anyway I think that we'll have a nice EMA this year, am hyped

Ajeje Brazorf

Sebi's staging was good, I personally like both the song and the staging and it's for sure the best attempt from Slovenia from 2016 'til now in the ESC, but it isn't and won't ever be a winning song, because a lot of people will find this one interesting but the majority will find it bland and boring because they aren't usual listeners of that genre and it's not a genre which will ever appeal to masses. The song though was well received and a good result (we are talking of a top 15 entry) was predictable.

As for Verjamem, like you said, it is a matter of opinion. I personally don't like the staging and I find the backing vocals in that song annoying, so I can live with that NQ.

I just feel bad when I think that their best Eurovision-wise attempt of the last 6 years was actually performed on Jesc. And yes, I mean it: "Prva Ljubezen" is songwise better and far more interesting than almost all Slovenia entries on Esc from 2016 'til now. Prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
As for Verjamem, like you said, it is a matter of opinion. I personally don't like the staging and I find the backing vocals in that song annoying, so I can live with that NQ.

Haha I personally thought that the backing vocals gave something special to the song :lol:

rasmuslights

Veteran
someone commented on slovenian fan page of eurovision that he wants to see Amaya (Maja Keuc) on EMA and she liked the comment...

I'm pretty sure she will return next year and I think we'll have chances to enter top 10! I can't imagine that voice of hers getting anything less.

EscGeek

Veteran

here you go!:) under the first post, you see! there's a comment who tagged maja and she liked it :)

That's indeed a good sign.. A year ago, i called her out on hearting every comment she got, except the one mentioning eurovision... :ROFLMAO:

The video in question is this one. xrollinglol

Top Bottom