Hočem te
A ti drugemu srce oddajaš
Pleševa
Ampak to je le v mojih sanjah
Ne, ne bo te nazaj

Carian

You act like the second semi does not exist.. :p

Vedran Ljubenko - "H2O dieta" xheya xdance2 xmusic xcheer
Yeah, you are right. Gušti and Leyre are my last hope hahaha. Vedran... Not really into this Ljubljana-ex-Yugoslavia style of rap music. If I hate something in my language is this fake use of velar /l/ in Ljubljana dialect by the kids of ex-Yugoslavian minorities in order to emphasize their "non-Slovene" identity. I hate it, and I think they are just Slovene even if their parents are from Ćuprija or Sisak. xthink

• Scream
Reactions: Mrm

Carian

I would add the Soklič / Kuduzović duel where many (including me) thought the youth-friendly and mainstream "Man Like U" would easily get the trophy against the slow burner "Voda"... Hence why nothing should be taken for granted in EMA imo.

Does July have a fanbase? Maybe that could work in her favour.

Who do you think were jury / televoter qualifiers last night? :unsure:

By the way, is this year's EMA system similar to the one we had in 2017? Two semis, one final with the winner being chosen by a combination of jury votes / televotes? No superfinal then?

I've read comments here and there from foreign ESC fans who are still traumatised by the 2017 precedent. :LOL: Clearly they'd like to get into the hype but they're afraid something random will pip the sensible options at the post in the end.

I swore not to get emotionally invested in EMA anymore, but somehow there always is a reason to. xheat
My dear, you have some very tough questions xcoffee. I haven't seen any articles or reports or gossips on the composition of juries. I know only that there are five (regional?) juries composed of "experts". No results have been revealed thus far.

Who was jury qualifier? Amaro for sure, cuz people dislike him and also that gurl from Ema Freš most likely pushed through thanks to juries, cuz people did not even bother to talk about her.

As for the voting system in finals - I know only as much as you do. RTV has laid down only some very general rules for the selection/voting, but I do not think that they will use the system of 2017, when Lea Sirk won, because it was clearly stated that the winner would be chosen by ratio: 50 % of votes are contributed by juries and 50 % of votes come from people/televote. So, I asume that this means that televote wont be the "sixth jury" or something like this. To simplify, I don't know for sure, but my impression is that RTV might actually adopt the Melodi Festival formula, which is now actually also the official ESC formula to choose the winner.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Batista Cadillac - Mim Pravil = 8/10
LUMA - All In 6/10
Stela Sofia - Tu in zdaj = 6/10
David Amaro - Še Vedno Si Lepa 5/10
July Jones - Girls Can Do Anything = 5/10
Manouche - Si sama? = 5/10

Non-qualifiers
Le Serpentine - Tud Teb Se Lahko Zgodi = 7.5/10
Jonatan Haller - Obzorje = 7/10
Bowrain & Brina - Čas Je = 6/10
Zala Smolnikar - V Ogledalu = 6/10

Caught up with this NF. Hopefully the second semi brings us a bit more but I did enjoy Mim Pravil which is nice as such entries usually don't sit with me too well in selections. I thought this one was doing its thing with a bit of style and the lead guy was really good. I can see why some liked All In but I found the composition a bit tedious. Can totally see Slovenia going for it though and it would probably be a very viable choice.

Carian

Batista Cadillac - Mim Pravil = 8/10
LUMA - All In 6/10
Stela Sofia - Tu in zdaj = 6/10
David Amaro - Še Vedno Si Lepa 5/10
July Jones - Girls Can Do Anything = 5/10
Manouche - Si sama? = 5/10

Non-qualifiers
Le Serpentine - Tud Teb Se Lahko Zgodi = 7.5/10
Jonatan Haller - Obzorje = 7/10
Bowrain & Brina - Čas Je = 6/10
Zala Smolnikar - V Ogledalu = 6/10

Caught up with this NF. Hopefully the second semi brings us a bit more but I did enjoy Mim Pravil which is nice as such entries usually don't sit with me too well in selections. I thought this one was doing its thing with a bit of style and the lead guy was really good. I can see why some liked All In but I found the composition a bit tedious. Can totally see Slovenia going for it though and it would probably be a very viable choice.
I also like the studio version of Le Serpentine, but their live performance was just ... I don't know, something was missing? But I am totally happy you like Batista. Since you are a damn tough client and it is hard to meet your standards, Batista can surely take your high grade as a compliment. xdance

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I also like the studio version of Le Serpentine, but their live performance was just ... I don't know, something was missing? But I am totally happy you like Batista. Since you are a damn tough client and it is hard to meet your standards, Batista can surely take your high grade as a compliment. xdance

Yeah, I haven't heard the studio of Le Serpentine but something tells me it didn't translate to the stage as well as it could have. Its garage rock, almost dream poppy sound is totally my thing and I did enjoy it, but there also wasn't anything about it that made it feel like it was a special example of the genre. It was just nice. I certainly wouldn't turn it off and I'd have welcomed its presence at Eurovision but I can see why it didn't advance unfortunately. Batista Cadillac meanwhile gave a really great performance. The song is good but the vocals really made it a standout for me :cool: Would be a snazzy pick for Eurovision although LUMA seem the safest bet for a good result thus far. Probably not risk free mind you but worth the gamble.

Mrm

Veteran
Yeah, you are right. Gušti and Leyre are my last hope hahaha. Vedran... Not really into this Ljubljana-ex-Yugoslavia style of rap music. If I hate something in my language is this fake use of velar /l/ in Ljubljana dialect by the kids of ex-Yugoslavian minorities in order to emphasize their "non-Slovene" identity. I hate it, and I think they are just Slovene even if their parents are from Ćuprija or Sisak. xthink
LOL I dunno who is he, I just know that his snippet sounds promissing to me from the 2nd heat..it sounds ethnic to me, smth like Istrian ethno. xthink

Looren

Veteran
Okay so I listened to the qualifiers :

1. David Amaro - Se Vedno Si Lepa (10/10)
2. Stela Sofia - Tu In Zdaj (10/10)
3. LUMA - All In (10/10)

4. Manouche - Si Sama (10/10)
5. Batista Cadillac - Mim Pravil (8/10)
6. July Jones - Girls Can Do Anything (4/10)

Yeah David Amaro is what I need a ESC, a beautiful balkan ballad, it's powerful !!!! Love it so much xheart

Carian

LOL I dunno who is he, I just know that his snippet sounds promissing to me from the 2nd heat..it sounds ethnic to me, smth like Istrian ethno. xthink
Maybe you are right, I do not know. But don't get me wrong, I love ex-YU who live here. I have many friends among them, I just hope he won't play on this card, i.e. counting on the "emigrants/imigrants' votes".

rasmuslights

Veteran
My dear, you have some very tough questions xcoffee. I haven't seen any articles or reports or gossips on the composition of juries. I know only that there are five (regional?) juries composed of "experts". No results have been revealed thus far.

Who was jury qualifier? Amaro for sure, cuz people dislike him and also that gurl from Ema Freš most likely pushed through thanks to juries, cuz people did not even bother to talk about her.

As for the voting system in finals - I know only as much as you do. RTV has laid down only some very general rules for the selection/voting, but I do not think that they will use the system of 2017, when Lea Sirk won, because it was clearly stated that the winner would be chosen by ratio: 50 % of votes are contributed by juries and 50 % of votes come from people/televote. So, I asume that this means that televote wont be the "sixth jury" or something like this. To simplify, I don't know for sure, but my impression is that RTV might actually adopt the Melodi Festival formula, which is now actually also the official ESC formula to choose the winner.

amaro was the televote qualifier no doubt...
he has his own fanbase... not a huge one but still + grandmas love him + he's from bosnia so he might got some votes from the diaspora as well.

stella was a jury qualifier yes...

I think manouche, july, luma, battista were all in the top 4 tbh (in both the jury and the televote)... Amaro was probably 5th (maybe 4th in televote) and Stella 5th in the jury vote.

Carian

amaro was the televote qualifier no doubt...
he has his own fanbase... not a huge one but still + grandmas love him + he's from bosnia so he might got some votes from the diaspora as well.

stella was a jury qualifier yes...

I think manouche, july, luma, battista were all in the top 4 tbh (in both the jury and the televote)... Amaro was probably 5th (maybe 4th in televote) and Stella 5th in the jury vote.
Amaro looks more Slovenian than I do... This info was a shocker now for me xhmmm
I generally agree with your assessment, nothing to add.
xpopcornxstars

tsegaye

All In by Luma is SO captivating, like a sexier and darker version of Sebi. Does it have a shot of winning in the final?

Carian

I don't get what's the deal with July Jones - Girls Can Do Anything - I find it very annoying personally.
I think that LUMA was the real winner of the 1st EMA semi. I was reading reactions on RTV's forum and while July's supporters were very vocal, LUMA seemed to get spontaneous likes and positive reviews from commentators. I am actually convinced that if it comes down to July and LUMA in the end, the history will repeat itself: Gašper and Zala beat Raiven's Kaos, written by July, and now LUMA will beat July.
However, as @Mrm correctly pointed out after the 1st semi: guys, let's wait, cuz we still have 6 more acts to pick from the second line-up. Tomorrow we will get answers and surely have a much better picture what Slovenia brings to the table this year. ;)

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Luma, July and Manouche were the televote qualifiers.

Not like that says much. The Televote qualifiers are picked first, and the jury saved three of the remaining crop. (I would have prefered Le Serpentine over David but w/e). Luma and July could have done very well with juries as well but there's no way to know that for certain at the moment.

I think that LUMA was the real winner of the 1st EMA semi. I was reading reactions on RTV's forum and while July's supporters were very vocal, LUMA seemed to get spontaneous likes and positive reviews from commentators. I am actually convinced that if it comes down to July and LUMA in the end, the history will repeat itself: Gašper and Zala beat Raiven's Kaos, written by July, and now LUMA will beat July.
However, as @Mrm correctly pointed out after the 1st semi: guys, let's wait, cuz we still have 6 more acts to pick from the second line-up. Tomorrow we will get answers and surely have a much better picture what Slovenia brings to the table this year. ;)

Clara and BQL sounded like they could be contenders (well BQL mostly based on name - "Maj" sounds really dull in its snippet). Luma and July are the entries to beat rn, we'll see if semi two adds more names to the potential winner list tomorrow. (Hopefully not because i WANT Luma!!)

Carian

Luma, July and Manouche were the televote qualifiers.

Not like that says much. The Televote qualifiers are picked first, and the jury saved three of the remaining crop. (I would have prefered Le Serpentine over David but w/e). Luma and July could have done very well with juries as well but there's no way to know that for certain at the moment.

Clara and BQL sounded like they could be contenders (well BQL mostly based on name - "Maj" sounds really dull in its snippet). Luma and July are the entries to beat rn, we'll see if semi two adds more names to the potential winner list tomorrow. (Hopefully not because i WANT Luma!!)
I am puzzled now a bit. Is this info about who qualifed via televote, legit or ur guess?

tuorem

Eva-Boto-Slovenia-2012-eurovision-song-contest-32668614-500-281.gif

Good evening y'all! I'm ready for semi 2 xdance

Just for information purposes, the Youtube view counts for each qualifier in semi 1 after one week are the following:

July Jones 50k
LUMA 38k
Batista Cadillac 36k
David Amaro 31k
Manouche 24k
Stela Sofia 8,5k

Let's see what's on offer tonight :unsure:

Top Bottom