Hočem te
A ti drugemu srce oddajaš
Pleševa
Ampak to je le v mojih sanjah
Ne, ne bo te nazaj

CPV4931

rasmuslights

Veteran
She will in the future for sure.. People also love her here, she has no haters and she was also voted as the most popular Slovenian entry since independence. She also said during this year's EMA ; I quote: "I got a feeling of nostalgia and I said to myself - maybe I should try again someday." So this is quite of a tease.

• Like It
Reactions: aef

Romeo

Ula Ložar for 2022!

She was amazing in JESC. Her 2019 EMA song was too old for her. She looked like a child on the big boy stage. Give "Fridays" to Destiny and she smash this out of the park. Ula was just too young. 3 years later I think she could do very well. I may just be an idiot because Nisi Sam was so good and I have high hopes for her but I think she could do very well

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm kinda sure Amaya will try again next year... she teased it at EMA and was in the Slovenian jury this year.

and I'm here for her songs are super good. she would also be very fresh since she has this r&b sound... and the juries would not look away from her vocals.. check her out new song!

CPV4931

I also would not exclude Ben Dolic, he wants to go to esc but not with German delegation..
... what I understand, they could have invited him to perform at our pre-show at least. Nevertheless I am still in doubt, if Ben Dolic has a real "stage prescence". I loved his song last year (it was in my top 5), but his performances at our Pre-Show in 2020 (Which I wouldn´t rate too high because of the circumstances during the first Corona wave) and "Free European Song Contest" 2021 didn´t convince me

rasmuslights

Veteran
... what I understand, they could have invited him to perform at our pre-show at least. Nevertheless I am still in doubt, if Ben Dolic has a real "stage prescence". I loved his song last year (it was in my top 5), but his performances at our Pre-Show in 2020 (Which I wouldn´t rate too high because of the circumstances during the first Corona wave) and "Free European Song Contest" 2021 didn´t convince me

he just needs a right song.. violent thing and his latest single don't do him favors, he needs a dark ballad, sth. like Bulgaria 2017

CPV4931

he just needs a right song.. violent thing and his latest single don't do him favors, he needs a dark ballad, sth. like Bulgaria 2017
Tbh howerver never thought about this, but you may be right. He seems to be a very introvert person, so indeed something like "Beautiful Mess" might suite him.

tsegaye

I don't know why, but I really feel like Slovenia will win in the next ten years. They have a lot of interesting modern artists, and have sent interesting acts these last years with other good entires not making it in their NF. AMAYA, Raiven or Lina Kuduzovic would be great, or someone new with a Maraaya-produced song.

• Like It
Reactions: aef

rasmuslights

Veteran
I don't know why, but I really feel like Slovenia will win in the next ten years. They have a lot of interesting modern artists, and have sent interesting acts these last years with other good entires not making it in their NF. AMAYA, Raiven or Lina Kuduzovic would be great, or someone new with a Maraaya-produced song.

As a Slovene I'm not so sure... only Amaya or Raiven can do it... Lina is probably too basic for it but could still get a nice result.

aef

:sl: is definitely one of my favorite Eurovision countries and I'd love to see a top 5 result become reality for them soon. Honestly why isn't Klemen doing Eurovision on his own? He's the perfect vocalist and entertainer for it! :sl: would have the biggest chances for winning/top 5 with him, Maja Keuc would also be a decent choice of course..

And please, include Luka Sulić in any way in your performance for the extra epic moment

Last edited:

tuorem

If there has to be returnees, I say Lina can come back when she grows a personality, she is a good singer but that Ariana fantasy was not the deal imo.

Maja? Imagine how tired I am tbh. "No One" will remain one my Slovenian highlights but I'm fed up with her potential comeback teasing that was already happening back in 2014 or something. Not to mention her last-minute withdrawal in 2017 and her continued appearances in EMA afterwards (weloveagoodtroll.com). Such a huge talent and yet, her career choices have been puzzling me to say the least.

As for Maraaya, I'd rather have them write for one act that's worth it than several people who end up with half-baked songs. If they still plan to submit something, since they didn't bother in 2020.

Raiven? She'll probably try again next year since she hasn't released any new material since 2019 despite teasing recording sessions before the pandemic via Instagram stories. I'd love to hear an operatic metal entry from her, but she'll most likely stay in the electro-pop department (and maybe sing in English). She's lost three times already though and since I've been too emotionally invested edition after edition... I don't know if she'll ever make it. She's got potential, but locals are off-put by her somehow.

My hottest wish would be to have Astrid In Avantgarden back: "Sing To Me" was completely robbed in Ema Fres, it is my most played Eurovision-related track of 2020. I wish they would try again with a dark pop effort of that kind.

jHIqnkQ.gif

Or a fresh face - with a solid package that stands out - would make me just as glad.

Whatever happens, I hope to be back to stan mode. One year not rooting for my Slovenija (not My Słowianie :LOL:) feels like ages. I do not like being stateless.

• Like It
Reactions: Kaz

JamieBrown

Would love to see some melodious indie folk or another lofi/electro-pop song in Slovene. Something that makes me want to spend a chilled summer evening in Maribor/Ljubljana/Koper xheat

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Amaya (maja keuc) continues with her tease of return...

in the last interview she was talking about falling in love with Damiano (as a joke ofc) and that she wants to meet him. and that she loves how eurovision awarded "non-eurovision" songs this year and also how she would be more herself if she had a chance to go to esc once again.

it's also highly likely she will sing in slovenian since she has recently moved to Slovenia (she has lived in Sweden for the past seven years tho) and will start a new page here.

this is her last song written by Zalagasper actually!

Top Bottom