Ne bo te več in gledam te
Ko brez mene z drugim stran odhajaš
Hočem te
A ti drugemu srce oddajaš
Pleševa
Ampak to je le v mojih sanjah
Ne, ne bo te nazaj

Jonkonfui

I love this song... It feels so natural. They are natural, just a group of young people playing and singing a nice song with a nice melody. I suppose this is why this song is so underrated, people need pretentious songs and pretentious singers pretending to be deep and emotional. :10:

Ianp16

The singer seems to be very likeable. He‘s having this boy next door charm. If I was to do the staging I‘d give him a lot of close ups as this really contributes to the overall impression of the act.
I was thinking the same thing. There was a moment at 1:58 when we finally saw him do a cheeky face, close up, and the camera cut away, which was annoying.

A-lister

Veteran
My review:

This sounds like one of those awful filler songs from ESC 2001-2003, I don't feel the whole lame "disco"-vibe at all and it tries to jump on the Iceland 2020-21 route but fails miserable in its attempt with this boring melody, production and all and it's undoubtedly one of the weakest songs of the edition.

Last edited:

Jonkonfui

My review:

This sounds like one of those awful filler songs from ESC 2001-2003, I don't feel the whole lame "disco"-vibe at all and it tries to jump on the Iceland 2020-21 route but fails miserable in its attempt with this boring melody, production and all and it's undoubtedly one of the weakest songs of the edition.
Your review is wrong because this song is great. And if you are going to say things like 'it is my opinion, it is my opinion', next time dont use sentences like 'it is undoubtedly...'.

A-lister

Veteran
Your review is wrong because this song is great. And if you are going to say things like 'it is my opinion, it is my opinion', next time dont use sentences like 'it is undoubtedly...'.

Don't tell me what to write ok?, everyone in here is stating their opinions, you do, I do, that's what discussion forums are for. Reviews are by definition subjective and I use whatever wording I want to describe a song based on my perspective thank you very much.

Maybe go write somewhere else about saunas or your usual tiring troll nonsense that isn't even remotely funny and don't bother me, how about that?

Last edited:

Jonkonfui

Don't tell me what to write ok?, everyone in here is stating their opinions, you do, I do, that's what a discussion forums are for. Reviews are by definition subjective and I use whatever wording I want to describe a song based on my perspective thank you very much.

Maybe go write somewhere else about saunas or your usual tiring troll nonsense that isn't even remotely funny and don't bother me, how about that?
Wow you are really violent... Relax man. Your review is far from subjective when you use absolute words as 'undoubtedly' but it is ok man just write what you want... But please dont attack me on a personal level on what I do or I dont do or next time we can discuss your mother... Thanks.

Iker

Veteran
My review:

Why so harsh? And which exact 2001-2003 esc fillers do you find comparable to it? Is it like :dk: 2002(Malene - Tell Me Who You Are) which for me is an essential ESC filler from that time. Or :cy: 2003 'Feeling Alive' which is as cliched of a pop song about love as it gets?

for instance?

For me it is is very pleasant and listenable but each to its own. I love the nostalgic feel of it and I think the instrumental is very well crafted here, one of the best in this aspect. This track and LPS are genuine unlike fake acts from :mt: & :az: this year too.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Why so harsh? And which exact 2001-2003 esc fillers do you find comparable to it?

I don't feel it's harsh, it's what I hear in this song unfortunately. Stuff like :pl: and :lt: 2001 , :lt: and :sl: 2002 , :ee: and :lv: 2003 ... I am not saying it's in the same genre though so don't get me wrong, but just very flat, amateurly made uptempo.

Iker

Veteran
I don't feel it's harsh, it's what I hear in this song unfortunately. Stuff like :pl: and :lt: 2001 , :lt: and :sl: 2002 , :ee: and :lv: 2003 ... I am not saying it's in the same genre though so don't get me wrong, but just very flat, amateurly made uptempo.
This is much better than :pl: 2001 that was just extremely corny. And :ee: 2003 I find likable and not amateurish either.

A-lister

Veteran
This is much better than :pl: 2001 that was just extremely corny. And :ee: 2003 I find likable and not amateurish either.

well, each to their own of course, apart from some standout songs, I dread those early 00's years in ESC and this sounds like it's taken from that era.

I am not sure why when someone tries on the retro disco sound in ESC it always ends up sounding like this? I actually like music from the late 70's disco era, and it was not at all as flat and bland, some really memorable hooks back then... but every now and then we get attempts in ESC and it's just meh

kamc

I feel like we’re really missing an act like LUMA from this year’s bunch and so it’s such a huge missed opportunity from Slovenia.
They would have really stood out with their staging at least and been a talking point for that.

SarahM

I have a playlist on my Spotify called 'Disco Party Realness' featuring the likes of Chic, I will not be adding this song to it unfortunately. As a fan of disco, this is a weak replica and sounds flat to me.

Iker

Veteran
well, each to their own of course, apart from some standout songs, I dread those early 00's years in ESC and this sounds like it's taken from that era.

I am not sure why when someone tries on the retro disco sound in ESC it always ends up sounding like this? I actually like music from the late 70's disco era, and it was not at all as flat and bland, some really memorable hooks back then... but every now and then we get attempts in ESC and it's just meh
I maintain that to me it sounds very different. I dislike most early 00s entries actually including many remotely disco-like ones (I recently listened to Corrina May song for Germany from that era and it was ghastly).

I find the song by LPS pleasantly mellow and catchy enough. This is whole light years ahead better than those bad entries that you allude to finding them similar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom