The storm’s relentless
But everybody knows
Everybody knows
We’re born to the fight

Hey child
Why ya hiding from the light?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ladynoir

For me, she's a sure qualifier. Regardless of tastes, in a semi with many bops she'll stand out in her own way. I would have been more concerned if she had been in semi final 2.

And while I agree that 2nd place is not that bad in itself for a semi final statistically speaking, I will disagree on Amen being a jury song only. There is a certain type of very powerful ballads that usually gather quite a few points from the televote and I think Amen can be one of them.

rasmuslights

Veteran
For me, she's a sure qualifier. Regardless of tastes, in a semi with many bops she'll stand out in her own way. I would have been more concerned if she had been in semi final 2.

And while I agree that 2nd place is not that bad in itself for a semi final statistically speaking, I will disagree on Amen being a jury song only. There is a certain type of very powerful ballads that usually gather quite a few points from the televote and I think Amen can be one of them.

I think the fact that it's religious is actually good - some televoters will find that very appealing.

crashworld

Veteran
Apparently, Slovenia is jumping on the revamp bandwagon and will release the new version of "Amen" later today with the music video. It appears to be more gospel and has the choir in it. I am not sure if this will be the one used on the ESC performance. I believe it is.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Apparently, Slovenia is jumping on the revamp bandwagon and will release the new version of "Amen" later today with the music video. It appears to be more gospel and has the choir in it. I am not sure if this will be the one used on the ESC performance. I believe it is.

She confirmed in the interview that she will send this new version to ESC. It includes the last part, where only the choir is present. :)

rasmuslights

Veteran
she also said she will stand on multiple stages in Rotterdam.. so kinda interesting that she will move around..

Iker

Veteran

I think she will NQ though but we will see. There are just too many entries that are going to be more appealing I think. I will be surprised by some massive support from the juries btw. too.

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I was really worried for a moment that the a cappella would be Ana's version for Eurovision, but it's just promotional.. phew. We'll have to wait a few weeks to hear the final version of Amen which will be "slightly" different.

crashworld

Veteran
I was really worried for a moment that the a cappella would be Ana's version for Eurovision, but it's just promotional.. phew. We'll have to wait a few weeks to hear the final version of Amen which will be "slightly" different.

How do we know this is just for promotional purposes? So Slovenia is going to do a Spain and just drop the ESC version on the actual competition?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
How do we know this is just for promotional purposes? So Slovenia is going to do a Spain and just drop the ESC version on the actual competition?

The Wiwibloggs article has reported it. It doesn't say exactly when the final version will drop but a "few weeks" does seem to imply we might hear it for the first time at the rehearsals.

ZoboCamel

Intrigued to see what goes on with this new version. Slovenia's been an unexpected favourite of mine this year (flitting in and out of my top 10), and I hate the trend of "we'll release a revamp for Eurovision but never make it available in studio version", so I'm concerned. But at the same time, I do love that last section with just the gospel choir, so if they could somehow fit that in without wrecking the flow of the rest of the song... it could have promise?

Ali_

Hmm, not sure I'm keen with that section going somewhere in the song when there's no actual choir present (as in it being just the choir without Ana's vocals on top). Struggling to see where it'll even go.

Top Bottom