The storm’s relentless
But everybody knows
Everybody knows
We’re born to the fight

Hey child
Why ya hiding from the light?​

Last edited by a moderator:

tuorem

Not even one single post here yet? How sad!

First of all, in the name of Slaya Sirk and Zalagastonishing, let me bless this thread: may 2021 be a successful year for Slovenija. xheart

Second of all, let us remember the tour de force of this year's NF: despite an EMA FRES selection gone wrong, the JESC returnee losing to an act no one really saw coming before the live show, and the winning song getting a fairly cold reception because it was too slow/old-fashioned/you-name-it, these guys managed to present a revamp done right and a final product that would have stood a chance of shining in Rotterdam imo.

Lazy me still has to work on a personal ranking, but "Voda" will definitely be up there: the revamp really did wonders to me, as I didn't like the original version of the song. I felt the potential was there, but I never thought they would be able to give me just what I needed through a major re-work: the beat, the enhanced atmosphere, the additional bridge... They did that! They certainly read ESC United (who wouldn't?) and freaked out because me getting off the superfan train was a no-no.

Third of all, I wonder what RTVSLO will do next year. On one hand, selecting Ana internally would be fair and it wouldn't compromise their chances of success since she's definitely talented, they would have to make sure she has the right entry though. On the other hand, cancelling EMA would mean no show, no hopefuls, nothing. It's been done in 2013 for other reasons, but somehow I doubt they'd get rid of it without a second thought, even for year. Whatever they do, I just hope Ana won't be swept under the carpet as if nothing happened like some other 2020 representatives.

And since I seize literally every opportunity to mention my Ljubljana-based cousin Raiven, she recently covered Celine Dion's entry in a TV show. :LOL: Now watch her come back with a song in French next time, Tom Leeb who? I'm glad to be an inspiration for her, today she finally embraces my language on TV, yesterday her last EP was called "REM" because she couldn't name it "TUOREM" due to copyright issues... What next? A collab maybe? :sneaky: Let me dye my hair an unnatural colour first.

The enthusiastic in me cannot wait for some news from RTVSLO, whatever their decision for next year is. Fingers crossed for Ana.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Not even one single post here yet? How sad!

First of all, in the name of Slaya Sirk and Zalagastonishing, let me bless this thread: may 2021 be a successful year for Slovenija. xheart

Second of all, let us remember the tour de force of this year's NF: despite an EMA FRES selection gone wrong, the JESC returnee losing to an act no one really saw coming before the live show, and the winning song getting a fairly cold reception because it was too slow/old-fashioned/you-name-it, these guys managed to present a revamp done right and a final product that would have stood a chance of shining in Rotterdam imo.

Lazy me still has to work on a personal ranking, but "Voda" will definitely be up there: the revamp really did wonders to me, as I didn't like the original version of the song. I felt the potential was there, but I never thought they would be able to give me just what I needed through a major re-work: the beat, the enhanced atmosphere, the additional bridge... They did that! They certainly read ESC United (who wouldn't?) and freaked out because me getting off the superfan train was a no-no.

Third of all, I wonder what RTVSLO will do next year. On one hand, selecting Ana internally would be fair and it wouldn't compromise their chances of success since she's definitely talented, they would have to make sure she has the right entry though. On the other hand, cancelling EMA would mean no show, no hopefuls, nothing. It's been done in 2013 for other reasons, but somehow I doubt they'd get rid of it without a second thought, even for year. Whatever they do, I just hope Ana won't be swept under the carpet as if nothing happened like some other 2020 representatives.

And since I seize literally every opportunity to mention my Ljubljana-based cousin Raiven, she recently covered Celine Dion's entry in a TV show. :LOL: Now watch her come back with a song in French next time, Tom Leeb who? I'm glad to be an inspiration for her, today she finally embraces my language on TV, yesterday her last EP was called "REM" because she couldn't name it "TUOREM" due to copyright issues... What next? A collab maybe? :sneaky: Let me dye my hair an unnatural colour first.

The enthusiastic in me cannot wait for some news from RTVSLO, whatever their decision for next year is. Fingers crossed for Ana.

we stan Raiven's tribute to her biggest fan xheat sis where her avatar has gone to ? we miss the blue hair

:sl: has been my biggest grower this year, even before the revamp. Still, if she presents a song next year I'm not really afraid, unlike for other returnees. I mean, Voda is by far my favorite song from her but I'm sure she could deliver with something on par. I just hope she'll keep it Slovenian, I heard her English songs and it rubs me the wrong way. Her pronunciation's fine, but I dunno I think her voice suits Slovenian way more.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Renata Mohorič - "Three bridges" from EMA 2019 and Zala - "Lalalatino" from EMA 2017 have finally appeared on Spotify, lol, better late than never.

Mimmon

Veteran
Apparently today we will have news involving Ema and Ana Soklic
I believe there will be some kinda announcement
which is rumours are that Ema will be holding National Song Selection...

Mimmon

Veteran

It won't affect Slovenian participation imho, judging from simultaneous announcement of their 2021 song submission. Also it's possible to take part with even less funds than that.
Look what happend with Israel.... One year later they hosted amazing contest....

AlekS

Veteran
Look what happend with Israel.... One year later they hosted amazing contest....
Ukraine went through the same thing in 2016-17. + PBC's budget gets cut by 25-50% (!) every damn year.

RTV Slo's budget was cut by 20% approx., so it's not a big deal ;)

rasmuslights

Veteran
lol ahahha not gonna happen. But I wouldn't rule out Senidah in eurovision at all, she has already participated in EMA in 2014 with her slovenian group Muff - she could go either for Slovenia, Montenegro or even Serbia, but only if she is internally selected and asked, I can't see her entering a nf or even an open internal selection..

Top Bottom