But everybody knows
Everybody knows
We’re born to the fight

Hey child
Why ya hiding from the light?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Loindici

Veteran
According to Ana, one of the song's composers/songwriters aren't Slovene and that person has been "a successful Eurovisiong songwriter being responsible for some winners". - I just hope it's neither Ralph Siegel nor Laurell Barker.

One of the rumored songwriter is Charlie Mason, TBH.

opinionsigotem

Sounds like Charlie Mason is involved (they were hinting at a past Eurovision winning composer, and he did Rise Like a Phoenix plus has collaborated with Maraaya a lot so they might have a hand in it as well).

I liked Voda but it was dead on arrival in terms of qualification chances so I'll hope for something a bit more competitive at the least.

yo. (also they said whoever it is worked with Miley Cyrus and Mason definitely has sooo)

also Laurell Barker and Milanov aren't responsible for any Eurovision winner and never will be

mauve

Veteran
I am so excited about Ana. xheart I am pretty sure that she will serve us another wonderful song. Strangely last year it took me a while to accustom to her song, but it always drew me to listen to it.

Mrm

Veteran
I never warmed up to "Voda".. :(
I liked vocals though...
I'm afraid uptempo song won't suite her, but let's see...

rasmuslights

Veteran
I never warmed up to "Voda".. :(
I liked vocals though...
I'm afraid uptempo song won't suite her, but let's see...

it won't be something uptempo, "not a ballad" doesn't mean a dance song, it's probably just not a typical ballad or something. One of the jurors said that this song is "pure Ana" is it won't be something completely out of her box.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

crashworld

Veteran
I just hope the song is not too out of her usual style that she doesn't feel comfortable performing it.

Mrm

Veteran
:eek: Have you ever seen this video? It's stunning!

Yes I saw mauve, I like Bohinj lake, I have been there, again I liked vocals, but I simply didn't warm up to that composition..

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I'm excited but also incredibly nervous about tonight. I've got to remind myself not to compare whatever we get to Voda. That song was so special to me. 2020 was this horrible blur of a year and I know it was that way for most of us. I was hit with so many terrible things, personal losses. It all led to a serious mental breakdown about half way through the year. I hit my absolute low where all I could see was just this darkness in front of my eyes ready to finally swallow me up whole. Voda gave me a lot of strength when I needed it along with a comforting sense that things would be ok in an end. It was a shot of something when I was unable to feel anything else. I think that was always part of its appeal to me. Voda was a magnificent ballad yet it was so uplifting and hopeful. There was no wallowing to be had with it although it was achingly beautiful and poignant. So much soul and life. You just felt it. I'm grateful we got gifted it.

Ana is an incredible talent. I think we can trust in her judgement here. Her voice is powerful and versatile, and I feel as though she's someone very much willing to take risks and be daring when it calls for it. I saw it mentioned that she could pull off something like 1944 seeing as it was one of her Eurovision favourites, and she totally could. Voda was lush but the chorus did have quite a hip little beat going on. She could easily go down a mysterious synthy route that still allows her rich, emotive voice a perfect vessel to shine upon.

Gotta share this with you. My Funny Valentine is my favourite jazz standard, and Ana Soklič's version is quite something. I don't think Nico's rendition will ever be beaten in my world but this comes so darn close. Her timbre.. oh man. When it comes to who I think the most special vocalists we've had at the contest are, I sit Ana right next to Kaliopi.

Mrm

Veteran
@RainyWoods

I know how you feel.. :) I hope you will ADORE entry, more than I hope I will love it..LOL believe me.. :D

We have San Marino Latvia and Georgia to share LOVE and JOY! xyaaay

Ana and Kalipopi, and not Rona for you? :eek:

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
@RainyWoods

And in the end I will have Mamas, you will have Ana Soklich, and then San Marino, Latvia and Georgia to share, and, 2020, here we go again.. :lol:

Top Bottom