The storm’s relentless
But everybody knows
Everybody knows
We’re born to the fight

Hey child
Why ya hiding from the light?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ali_

At least she isn't awkwardly shouting sing it anymore, that's something I guess.

Carian

I still believe she can make it
I totally agree. Let me put it this way. 90% of ESC fans cannot be objective in judging who will for sure go to finals and who will not. In my opinion they cannot feel anymore the thrill or understand the impact that a song can have it when hearing it for the first time. Almost everyone says that they got goosebumps after listening to Ana for the first time. I mean, how many songs give you goosebumps? If this is not enough to remember a song, I am not sure what makes a song memorable. And this is exactly my issue with ESC fans. After two months of listening their favorite songs on repeat, they forgot the rush they maybe had when having heard Ana for the first time. And for this very reason, I strongly believe that Ana could qualify despite the "hate" she is getting from fans. In the end, how many people listen to gospel while they work out or jog? ZERO. Let us wait and see what happens next Tuesday.

Carian

Vocals won't save this
Look, even if vocals don't save Ana, it's not a biggie. Ana will be just fine. She said in today's interview she is sad that she cannot meet other artists. She would love to meet the Portuguese Black Mamba. Moreover, she said she wants to continue with soul, jazz, and gospel type of music. For her, ESC is still first and formost about music. Stay positive! Hugs and some Christian love from Slovenia for you ;)

Mainshow

Veteran
Dunno - when I showed this song to my parents, none of them liked it (my mother loved "Voda" last year, though - my father doesn't like Ana's tone at all).

Also, I didn't get goosebumps at all. Even though I think she still has a chance to qualify, though, juries will definitely put this higher than most of the songs in the first semi but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being last or second to last in the televoting... and thus, being placed #5 or #6 by the juries won't save Ana's "Amen", in my opinion.

That said, I would love to see her qualify over :se:, :ro: or :au: in the end because of her vocals and I think that the Grand Final could use a few more ballads....

Ezio

Veteran
Slovenia will qualify

Milos-BC

Even though I really like the song (the best ex-yu entry this year for me), I am quite skeptical for tomorrow. But I will be super happy if she makes it through.

7 points.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
:sl: is not even in my top 15 but... I'm 90% sure she'll qualify ? I don't see any reason why she wouldn't. She should do well in both jury and televote, her vocals are impactful, it's the only power ballad in SF1 with N. Macedonia and between the two Ana should definitely make the better first impression. She seems more passionate, more accessible.

Chorizo

She has an interesting voice and the chorus is powerful. The most powerful part of the song near the end reminds me of a Disney ballad. That being said, overall the song fails to excite me. Good vocals are not enough. As far as religious songs are concerned, I think Hozier does a better job with Take Me to Church. I give it 5 points, mostly for the vocals.

Top Bottom