The storm’s relentless
But everybody knows
Everybody knows
We’re born to the fight

Hey child
Why ya hiding from the light?​

Last edited by a moderator:

marty

I think Slovenias Amen could be the jurys dark horse because Ana is a very charismatic singer with a remarkable voice. I dont believe she will do fine in the televote though.

mauve

Veteran
For me unfortunately, Ana is my biggest disappointment this year. I loved Voda last year (12 pts), but Amen is just very average and nothing special (6 pts). The only wonderful thing about the song is her voice, one of the best female voices this year, but not enough to make it a great song. :(

Carian

A lot of people missed last year Ana's final version of Voda, which was simply superb in the end, when they added that powerful bridge and shortened the overlong intro part. Ana is smart, I think her team has carefully watched reactions and it is true that a lot of people liked the most the final chorus + gospel part, even if they did not like the first two verses + chorus. So, I am very confident that Ana will come up with something better and who knows, maybe she will join in during the last part now, because she cannot stand there like a statue on the stage. I am also wondering if they will add LED-screen shots of the choir, which would be magnificent, and she could/should engage the public during the final part of the song. Oh, dear people, there is so much potential with this song on the stage. Don't forget, gospel is a music for people in church and sung alive, so it could finally shine in its all glory on stage :) And I am not saying you should like the song - I am just warning you not to underestimate Ana or write the song off. Moreover, I believe that the song could appeal to the audience even more than to juries. I mean, who hates gospel music? I am not religious, but I always liked gospel. Finally, I still believe that she got a super order position. It's first semi, people are curious, they will watch, after very unusual opening with Lithuania, Ana will shine if her voice does not betray her. And then, Russia. I love Russia, but God forgive me, I do not like their entry this year. Manizha's song is strange and her live voice sounds strained, unconvincing. Basically, Ana is placed between two vocally very average songs that relly on simple fact that they are bop. But since there are so many bops in this semi, I am sure people will remember Ana. I do not know why, but I am super confident Ana will qualify. Call me biased or not, this is my opinion. But hey, we shall see very soon. ESC is around the corner. ;)

crashworld

Veteran
LOL at Ana's new EP. It's basically 6 versions of "Amen" (including the instrumental version) and with "Voda" added at the end.
The first track could be the ESC version (but of course they need to trim it to 3 mins).

Biste

Also the collab on the 3rd track.
Ricardo Autobahn
Can't decide whether that is a ridiculous or epic artist name o_O

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The R&B version is so good xmusicRicardo Autobahn remix is rather snazzy too.

Unsure about putting the choir section before the bridge of the song. I don't know if it's because I've listened to the original recording one hundred times but I feel it loses the momentum that's very carefully being built up. The choir section works much better as a haunting song closer, but then again having Ana just stand there for 30 seconds as the song comes to its end may be awkward. This obviously isn't the ESC version of the song though as we still need to lose about half a minute. It will be interesting to see what happens exactly.

Nienor

A lot of people missed last year Ana's final version of Voda, which was simply superb in the end, when they added that powerful bridge and shortened the overlong intro part. Ana is smart, I think her team has carefully watched reactions and it is true that a lot of people liked the most the final chorus + gospel part, even if they did not like the first two verses + chorus. So, I am very confident that Ana will come up with something better and who knows, maybe she will join in during the last part now, because she cannot stand there like a statue on the stage. I am also wondering if they will add LED-screen shots of the choir, which would be magnificent, and she could/should engage the public during the final part of the song. Oh, dear people, there is so much potential with this song on the stage. Don't forget, gospel is a music for people in church and sung alive, so it could finally shine in its all glory on stage :) And I am not saying you should like the song - I am just warning you not to underestimate Ana or write the song off. Moreover, I believe that the song could appeal to the audience even more than to juries. I mean, who hates gospel music? I am not religious, but I always liked gospel. Finally, I still believe that she got a super order position. It's first semi, people are curious, they will watch, after very unusual opening with Lithuania, Ana will shine if her voice does not betray her. And then, Russia. I love Russia, but God forgive me, I do not like their entry this year. Manizha's song is strange and her live voice sounds strained, unconvincing. Basically, Ana is placed between two vocally very average songs that relly on simple fact that they are bop. But since there are so many bops in this semi, I am sure people will remember Ana. I do not know why, but I am super confident Ana will qualify. Call me biased or not, this is my opinion. But hey, we shall see very soon. ESC is around the corner. ;)
Love this and I so hope you are right 🙂

Carian

I was looking some of those YT clips with rankings after 1st rehearsals. The most interesting thing is that Ana is almost in all clips in the top 10. So, if she was predominantely out before ESC, she is now in. I think this is a positive development and Ana is coming for one of those 10 tickets that lead to the finals.

wtf

Can't believe the bookies are still sleeping on this. The same people who claim Austria is a jury favourite are saying this won't qualify...
Have they learned nothing from Czechia 2016? Macedonia 2019? Lithuania 2011? The juries saved Estonia in 2013 and almost made Georgia qualify in 2017. They LOVE a strong female vocal.

Slovenia will steal one of the dance pop girls' Q for sure.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm Slovene and I think we don't deserve the final in semi-final 1. The staging is literally soo bland and cliche.. ah

Top Bottom