But everybody knows
Everybody knows
We’re born to the fight

Hey child
Why ya hiding from the light?​

Last edited by a moderator:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
A robbery I'd resigned myself to is still a robbery. Will miss Ana very much on Saturday and will keep "Amen" close to my heart for many years to come.

Carian

Not disappointed, but neither happy. Just shocked that ex-YU was overlooked totally. I am telling you guys, these "professional" juries are pile of c..p.

Ana, well done and just keep doing what you do best - sing!

Sammy

Veteran
What can I say... even if I would have liked the song, this was to be expected. Vocally not as strong as I thought but still better than many tonight. But her stage presence didn't convince me at all - it left me cold, no emotions conveyed.

martin

So sorry, but i,m afraid that be number 2 did not help here.

I could see Croatia be voted out by the jury, but i would not be surpriced if Slovenia was not top 10 in televoting and jury. Belgium, Israel and Sweden could have take jury vote.

Not good that 0 from balkan qualifly. Most of them have lesser than 50% qualifly since 2010. Only Serbia, Slovenia and Albania is around 50/50 or better. Serbia only country with a positive run.

Daybreak

It's an amazing song, a great sort-of old-school ballad (particularly considering I didn't care much for her last year's song)

Carian

So sorry, but i,m afraid that be number 2 did not help here.

I could see Croatia be voted out by the jury, but i would not be surpriced if Slovenia was not top 10 in televoting and jury. Belgium, Israel and Sweden could have take jury vote.

Not good that 0 from balkan qualifly. Most of them have lesser than 50% qualifly since 2010. Only Serbia, Slovenia and Albania is around 50/50 or better. Serbia only country with a positive run.

If Sweden took the jury vote, then juries should be eliminated. Even my non-professional ear could hear that he sang really poorly by the end....

abenteuer

The result was expected but I feel bad for Ana. I sent her votes from Germany but alas they were to no avail.

tuorem

I feel sorry for all our "Amen" fans here. Past two thirds of the lineup, I thought she would stand a chance of making it because some acts were vocally a let-down. But that was an uphill battle from the start.

I posted my opinion about the song already, so I won't beat a dead horse. I think RTVSLO missed an opportunity with their internal selection this year.

She was vocally good, but I keep believing the composition was not the right vessel for her to shine. And the staging in Slovenia looked more effective to me.

With that being said, she should be proud of her performance. She did her best.

Grinch

I watched the semi with my brother. After all the preformances were over he made a prediction list, put Slovenia in the first place (meaning 100% qualifying, not semi winner) and he was SHOCKED when Ana couldn't make it.

It's ok Ana, we love you girl xheart

gingerale

It was a really beautiful performance with a classy staging. I wonder how the juries ranked it. For the televoters it was forgotten pretty fast.

Carian

I feel sorry for all our "Amen" fans here. Past two thirds of the lineup, I thought she would stand a chance of making it because some acts were vocally a let-down. But that was an uphill battle from the start.

I posted my opinion about the song already, so I won't beat a dead horse. I think RTVSLO missed an opportunity with their internal selection this year.

She was vocally good, but I keep believing the composition was not the right vessel for her to shine. And the staging in Slovenia looked more effective to me.

Without that being said, she should be proud of her performance. She did her best.
No need to feel sorry for the "Amen" fans. This is ESC - haven't you thought me that? ;) It was quite pathetic today to see when Nicky gave two examples of succesful ESC winners. Well, if we are honest, 1) there is no third example, 2) ABBA's international career is not due to ESC, but to their popularity in Australia, 3) Celine's career did not take off cuz of ESC. So, if I am quite frank, it was a bit of an overstatement that ESC is really that important in the world of music :lol:

Now, as for Amen, frankly, I was never crazy about the song itself, but I must say that I was captured by Ana, her voice, her professional attitude, and her boldness to stick to her song and her style of music. I actually like(d) that she persisted in her faith and religion. I am not religious like her, but today you must actually have balls to come forward and say "I believe in God and Jesus" and I will sing religious powersong. I think her song would have fared much better next year in USA-Vision; Europe is obviously not a big fan of the American religious music. xangel

I could go on and on and on, but I must say that I really like Ana for bringing back a different political taste to the music at ESC. Okay, darling, now I must go and work. I have still a lot to do before going to bed ;)

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I found this one indifferent, too bad because Ana Soklic has a really nice voice. They tried to do something like a Tamara Todevska, but the song wasn't half as good as Tamara's song in 2019.

Milos-BC

I liked everything about it and the performance was flawless, but I knew it won't be enough :( Too bad, this was one of the best Slovenian entries for me. I will certainly follow her work in the future as well.

Carian

Now, down to our entry. I actually think that the final result is deserved. The song was okayish, but still mediocre. Ana is a fine singer, but everything was just too focused on her "voice". However, while this explains the total flop in the televote (thanks Croatia and Macedonia for giving us those 8 points - without you, the song would actually get 0 points in the televote), I am still bewildered how Ana did not fare better with juries. How could Romania score better with juries than Slovenia and Macedonia? I am sorry, I know there are people who love Amnesia, but let's be frank. The staging was bad and her singing was the worst - even Natalia Gordienko is a superior and master in regard to Roxen. So, as I repeated this thing several times in the last 24 hours and for the last 5 ESC editions: I HATE JURIES. They should be gone. They don't add anything to the festival.

Romeo

Top Bottom