8 7.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Slovenia-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tuorem

Second duel SOULUTION vs YOUNITE:

I had to get past the eye-rolling names of these two acts before getting into the songs. By the way, Matt should sue the latter because ESC #YOUNITED is his property.

SOULUTION: I'mma say it right off the bat, I never liked young male bands and this one is no exception. Maybe the original instrumentation could give the composition a bit more interest, but in an acoustic form, it sounds insignificant to me. Can't say I'm particularly fond of them vocals either.

YOUNITE: Well, "The Cure" is a tad more appealing to me compared with "Eno". With that being said, I can't say I particularly like it, it's hard to tell without the arrangements. The girl seems to have a decent voice. Minus point in my book for singing in English though, I'd prefer the next Slovenian entry to be in line with their last couple of efforts language-wise.

By default, I am #teamYOUNITE today. Voted for them (although SOULUTION probably will get this).

No case of love at first sight for me so far. I believe the best is yet to come.

AlekS

Veteran
YOUnite... the impact! xheat

This duel is weaker than the yesterday's one. Solution looks & sounds very amateurish so I voted for Younite, for her vocals. But the song is boring. I 100% agree that they should have chosen singing in Slovenian instead of English.

EscGeek

Veteran
weak duel this time unlike yesterday (i also liked stella)

voted for soulution because this might get good with a different arrangement (but don't count on it)

ESC94

Well, I´m not impressed by both entries, but I´m crossing my fingers for Younite, their entry seems a bit more "alive" in my opinion.

Sammy

Veteran
I'm not impressed by any of the four snippets to be honest. I really hope they have saved the strong entries for later duels...

tuorem

I'm not impressed by any of the four snippets to be honest. I really hope they have saved the strong entries for later duels...

Unless it turns out that there are just one or two strong songs, there has to be at least one tomorrow, otherwise this first week wouldn't really be fruitful given the three-way battle to come imo. Since they made the duels up, they must have scattered the songs that appear to have the most potential so that they don't compete against each other at such an early stage.

In any case, Astrid in Avantgarden might serve something "out there" tomorrow (see the song [MENTION=16329]njdevils94[/MENTION] posted a couple pages ago).

Kaz

Astrid in Avantgarden is probably the most interesting snippet so far. I really enjoyed Younite too, can’t wait to hear the actual songs.

tuorem

www.rtvslo.si/ema-fres

Third duel ASTRID in AVANTGARDEN vs MARTINA:

This is the moment of truth :D

ASTRID in AVANTGARDEN: Well, this is rather promising, at least there is an atmosphere here. Again, I think it's a bit of a shame that it's in English, but I take it they only sing in this language (?). Astrid seems to be capable of singing live. I like the beat and the melody: they do catch my attention, it remains to be seen whether it's all the same for three minutes or if there is some sort of development, which would be great. I didn't expect something that moody-sounding from them, I'm surprised but I won't complain. When Astrid switfly moves her hands for a few seconds in the snippet, I hope that means that if she's lucky enough to make it to EMA, there will be some sort of choreography: give me some visual experience girl! Not sure if this is 100% the one for me yet (especially if it ends up being too flat or repetitive like "Coconut"), but as of now it's the one I like the most by far.

MARTINA: A pop-rock song King Foo wouldn't have spat on to appear as a filler at EMA. Totally not my thing. I'm not against the genre at all, but I need the song to grip me and this one isn't working for me. It's not bad though, Martina does have energy. But sending her to Eurovision? Hvala, ne! I don't think it's special enough for Slovenia to get noticed.

To sum up, I think my guess yesterday was correct: Astrid in Avantgarden is the one this week and it should be a walk in the park for them given who they are up against. I can't see them flop in this duel and juries will totally save them in the three-way battle should the online voters tick the wrong box when voting on Friday.

Therefore, I am #teamAstridInAvantgarden today and quite happy to be so. I do like what I hear, this could have potential unlike the rest of the acts this week imo. Hopefully, the entire song is worth it, for it could still be a disappointment. With that being said, I hope there is something even better to come, because why not? :)

I voted! :)

Mainshow

Veteran
I've voted for AstridInAvantgarden as well. It sounds indeed very promising.
Martina's song isn't my cup of tea at all.

AlekS

Veteran
Astrid in Avantgarden received my vote because she didn't disappoint me & delivered perfectly what I expected from her.
The song might sound too gloomy for someone but not for me :D Vocals are on point, the visuals will be stunning as always. Now make those EMA competitors worry a bit.
However the song's mood is similar to their 2019 entry and this wil be the main obstacle to pass EMA Freš for her. Well, screw that! Nobody cares about last year on Eurovision :rolleyes: so make her qualify for EMA god dammed)).

Martina - she sounds like any performer of such kind from a small bar, which is nothing bad, but not for Eurovision.

ESC94

Is it ok if I join the fanclub of Astrid in Avantgarden as well?? ;)

The songs sounds really atmospheric, her voice is also great. Martina on the other side sounds really messy and not that convincing to me.

EscGeek

Veteran
I also voted Astrid in Avantgarden. :D Her song has some rap in it (valuable information of the day from the "influencers react":lol:

EscGeek

Veteran
btw, am i the only one who thinks that "ema freš" logo looks like it's a sub brand of monster energy drinks? xrofl3

Biscuit02

I voted for Astrid and Avantgarden, "Sing to me" sounds interesting and atmospheric(I really liked "Sebi" this year I am just into these atmospherics songs), the other song sounds ok but I didn't really like it so yeah, rooting for Astrid and Avantgarden.

tuorem

OMG! Martina will join Stella and Younite for the three-way battle :( Can we move on to next week already please?

tiMw27V.jpg

Top Bottom