escYOUnited

Administrator
Slovenia-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

John1

The hopefuls' official photos.

ov9vBZA.jpg
O5wzBhN.jpg

First line (from left to right): Marko Škof, Klarity, Alfirev, Lana Hrvatin, Parvani Violet, Martina
Second line (from left to right): Marmoris, Saška, Younite, Stella, Petra Ceglar, Tilen Lotrič
Third line (from left to right): Astrid in Avantgarden, Pia Nina, Nuša Pliberšek, Sara Petešič, Ljudmila Frelih, Soulution

On instagram, the amounts of followers range from 90 (Ljudmila Frelih) to 10K+ (Marko Škof). Most of the candidates are either below or around 1000 as of now.
Apparently Tilen Lotrič and Parvani Violet's singer took part in Slovenia's Got Talent.

raiven for the win though anyway

John1

(double post, sorry gurlzzz and guys)

aside from ema fres, lara kadis should come back to EMA someday, she was stunning. shame she didn't win back then.

Mainshow

Veteran
I love the direction Slovenia is going to in terms of Eurovision. The last two entries were purely amazing. I hope they will stick to bold contemporary (pop) songs performed in Slovene. I have voted for Slovenia in two consecutive years

tuorem

The website to vote in EMA Freš will be the following: www.rtvslo.si/ema-fres

Apparently, it will open before the voting phase starts.

RTVSLO is currently recording sessions with four young people and an older one: Bojan Cvjetićanin (singer/songwriter of a band called "Joker Out"), Maja Pinterič (I guess she's a Youtuber), Rebeka Tomc (Youtuber), Klemen Kopina (event host/actor) and Denis Živčec. They will comment on the acts and songs.

tuorem

[MENTION=16329]njdevils94[/MENTION]

Stella - who will be in the first duel - also has a song out. :) A nice one, I should say.

We have yet to find out if these two artists picked the right song for the contest (and can sing live...), but purely based on the music they make, it already shows there ARE alternatives to known names imo. I'm sure there will be nice things to come in this competition, and if it can contribute to helping some participants to emerge and expand the Slovenian music scene, that'd be great.

By the way, EMA Freš will start at 10:00 on Monday (seen on instagram) xcheer

EscGeek

Veteran
you two made me want to check out those fresh artists earlier than i was planing to :lol:

I like Petra Ceglar. xmusic

i hope she lives up to my expectations now xshifty

tuorem

Ema FREŠ will officially start tomorrow! xcheer

ADrAuPi.jpg

The webpage www.rtvslo.si/ema-fres will be up right before 10am.

The voting phase will open at 10:00 and end at 20:00 for each duel.

One vote per day and per IP address will be counted.

Will Slovenians only be able to vote ? I count on all our Slovenian members to do their duties every day regardless. :D :sl:

The program of the week (Mortal Kombat-style):

Monday, November 4: Stella vs Pia Nina
Tuesday, November 5: Soulution vs Younite
Wednesday, November 6: Astrid in Avantgarden vs Martina
Friday, November 8: three-way battle (one public winner and one jury winner will qualify for the final)

tuorem

Sorry for double-posting!

Ok, so we only get one-minute snippets that are actually improvised live ones. xthink The settings remind me of the last Czech NF where participants were singing on beds and sofas.

I was about to say "what kind of amateur sound mixing is this?" until I realised it wasn't the studio version. :lol: I guess the benefit of this is that we can judge their ability to sing a bit as well as how the songs sound live, even though both girls sound like they recorded themselves without any good device.

As far as STELLA vs PIA NINA goes:

STELLA: I'm disappointed by this snippet a lot: she and her voice are cute, but the song does nothing for me at all. I would have preferred something atmospheric a la "Ocean", "Ne vem, če sem v redu" sounds like a local song that does not aspire to cross borders. I highly doubt this would work at Eurovision. It's not a bad song by any means, it's just not something I would ever gravitate towards.

PIA NINA: I like what I hear, the beat is rather cool and the girl's voice is nice. There is a good vibe there, calm and subtle, I clearly support her for qualification in this duel. It remains to be seen whether there are troughs and valleys later on or if it plateaus until the end.

I am #TeamPiaNina today xcheer

edit: I don't know if it'll count but I was able to vote. xshifty

AlekS

Veteran
Voted for Pia Nina - more confident delivery and she's really into her song. Not sure if she wins the whole thing but it's a nice funky spring tune.

EscGeek

Veteran
I'm team Pia Nina too, but it wasn't an easy decision (such a cliche saying, but I had to compare them 3 times) :lol:

Votes from abroad are counted, all they care about is one vote per IP address xyes

tuorem

Bojan Cvjetičanin and Maja Pinterič reacted to the first duel.

[MENTION=11532]EscGeek[/MENTION] Please could you tell us if there's anything worth knowing about or if it's just random prattle? :) Hvala.

EscGeek

Veteran
The whole thing is very similar to those twitch streamers reacting to youtube videos.

I guess it's worth mentioning that those commentators have no say in who advances and who doesn't

ESC94

Well, the concept of this short clips is a bit strange at the beginning, but still interesting. I also prefered Pia Nina, but Stella is also not bad.

Top Bottom