8 7.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Slovenia-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sammy

Veteran
Maybe they should try again themselves. For me they are still the strongest slovenian entry ever!

(and they should‘ve won in Vienna!)

choda

There may be possibility that Senidah is choosen, and EMA fres winner will probably be featuring artist. The winner may be choosen by herself, to choose most compact artist to her.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Mrm

Veteran
It was like a bomb one day, news about Senidah in 2020 for Slovenia, in our press, and now nothing! :(

tuorem

At any rate, they're heavily advertising EMA Freš on instagram: every two days, they encourage people to submit their work. Also, Zalagasper are helping to promote this new format.

Hopefully, some great things will come out of this. I feel like RTVSLO wants to go the original route again and I couldn't be happier about it.

randajad

Veteran
Some local tabloids started the rumour, it can be true, but most probably it is not. She is currently one of the biggest stars in the former yugoslav countries. :D

tuorem

Seen on instagram this week:

emaevrovizija Še štiri tedne in predstavila se bosta prva dva izvajalca #emafres. In nato tako (skoraj) vsak dan. Vi pa boste izbirali!👍💪🚀 V naslednjih dneh sledi več podrobnosti! Postaja vroče 🔥

Four more weeks to go and the first two #emafres performers will be introduced. And then (almost) every day. You will be in charge! 👍💪🚀 More details will follow in the next few days! It's getting hot 🔥

Me getting myself in the mood:
giphy.gif

tuorem

Sorry for double-posting!

#emafres will be a five week-long online competition featuring a total of 18 songs.
It will kick off on Monday, November 4.

source.gif

Five weeks of EMA fres + EMA later next year guys! I'm going to pitch my tent in this thread! xheat

njdevils94

Veteran
With the first leg of the competition, Ema 2020 will start online on November 4th. In five weeks, 18 performers will be vying for their chance to qualify for the Ema 2020 final, which will be held in February next year.

https://www.rtvslo.si/svet-zabave/ema/ema-fres-18-izvajalcev-pet-tednov-in-komentatorjev/502734

The 18 Ema Freš acts:

Marmoris – Moj pristan
Astrid in Avantgarden – Sing To Me
Klarity – Diham
Lana Hrvatin – Dream
Ljudmila Frelih – Vztrajaj, ker je vredno
Marko Škof – Hočem da je vse kot prej
Martina – Pleši
Nuša Pliberšek – Življenje je čarovnija
Parvani Violet – Cupid
Petra Ceglar – Srce naglas
Pia Nina – Tukaj in zdaj
Sara Petešič – Sanjaj / Dream
Saška – Še kar lovim tvoj nasmeh
Soulution – Bil bom s teboj
Stella – Ne vem, če sem v redu
Alfirev – Črno bela lika
Tilen Lotrič – Jaz in ti
Younite – The Cure

65618991.jpg

Two acts presented every week from Monday-Wednesday, and the public will determine through an online survey every day who will qualify for Friday’s round where the winner of the week will be selected. There will be two weekly winners, as the other will be selected by an expert panel.

Six artists will qualify for the finals of EMA Freš in the first three weeks. 12 acts or one of the “lucky losers” will follow the same system in the “happy losers” online competition in the next two weeks, where four more acts will be included in the final selection of EMA Freš.

10 finalists of EMA Freš will compete for a place in EMA 2020. One act chosen by the public, and one act chosen by a professional jury will become the first two finalists of EMA 2020.

tuorem

Most entries seem to be in Slovenian, which is good news as far as I'm concerned!

However, [MENTION=16329]njdevils94[/MENTION] I guess you meant two acts will be presented every day from Monday to Wednesday? :)

The organisation is a bit complex at first sight, but from a eurofan's point of view, there will be no time out for five weeks xcheer That's pretty exciting!

I'm low-key glad there is an expert panel, because knowing the Slovenians' conservative tastes sometimes - no shade but shade - RTVSLO will most likely guarantee growers/sophisticated entries a place in the EMA Freš final.

I guess the "second chance" rounds do have the same purpose: save the remaining worthy acts unlucky enough to have been discarded the first time.

I didn't know two acts would take part in EMA eventually :eek: An established artist isn't even certain to qualify for the superfinal anymore. Also winning Freš doesn't necessarily mean winning EMA. xthink It'll be interesting to see how the whole thing works out depending on the experts involved and the amount of online voters.

Since it'll be an online competition, do we know if only Slovenians can vote? Or are foreign voters allowed (like the Czech NF last edition)?

tuorem

The hopefuls' official photos.

ov9vBZA.jpg
O5wzBhN.jpg

First line (from left to right): Marko Škof, Klarity, Alfirev, Lana Hrvatin, Parvani Violet, Martina
Second line (from left to right): Marmoris, Saška, Younite, Stella, Petra Ceglar, Tilen Lotrič
Third line (from left to right): Astrid in Avantgarden, Pia Nina, Nuša Pliberšek, Sara Petešič, Ljudmila Frelih, Soulution

On instagram, the amounts of followers range from 90 (Ljudmila Frelih) to 10K+ (Marko Škof). Most of the candidates are either below or around 1000 as of now.
Apparently Tilen Lotrič and Parvani Violet's singer took part in Slovenia's Got Talent.

Top Bottom