Zala KraljGašper Šantl

Lyricist(s)
Zala KraljGašper Šantl

Lyrics

winner-e1552692893580.jpg

tuorem

Re: SLOVENIA 2019

Raiven please!!

Hopefully, she'll a pull a Nechayeva in 2019: hosting the NF the year before / competing and winning on home soil the following year / becoming one of the favourites / qualifying and winning xpray

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Slovenia, you know what to do for next year!

EscGeek

Veteran

this video has twice as many views as we have peoplexheat
I don't know how the juries would react, but i'm sure we'd get lots of points from the public (for once...:rolleyes:) :D

Or we could just make it simple and send Maja Keuc and win it all xqueenbitch

tsegaye

Maja Keuc or Raiven and you'll get your best ever placing xshrug

Mrm

Veteran

Senidah go to Jerusalem! xyes

Ljubljana 2020! xbow

A-lister

Veteran

this video has twice as many views as we have peoplexheat
I don't know how the juries would react, but i'm sure we'd get lots of points from the public (for once...:rolleyes:) :D

The song is bad but I for sure would vote for this guy for all the wrong reasons! :oops:

EscGeek

Veteran

The song is bad but I for sure would vote for this guy for all the wrong reasons! :oops:

rap isn't for everyone, but this is his first song that got any radio attention... i repeat: radio attention.. (you can't see his body through the radio) :mrgreen:

A-lister

Veteran

rap isn't for everyone, but this is his first song that got any radio attention... i repeat: radio attention.. (you can't see his body through the radio) :mrgreen:

*wrong post*

A-lister

Veteran

Sending rap to Eurovision is like asking for a flop, it only worked out twice (as far as I can remember) and for some odd? reason only when added to entries with ethnic tunes like Greece 2011 and Hungary 2017. Now in those two cases, I'm almost certain the rap parts weren't the reason for their successes, in fact I think they would have fared better if those parts were sung, although in the Hungarian entry it kind of worked, but in the Greek one the rap part was just cringe (probably due to the silly English lyrics and the fact that it felt so out of place and amateur). The problem with European rap in general is just how amateur it is and comes across as cringe desperate wannabe American, and let's be honest here, we can't beat them at their own game and I think Europeans should stick to what we know better.

But yeah, there are some exceptions of course, France and UK managed to produce some pretty ok rap/HipHop music for instance, but I'd say the exceptions are more rare than common when looking at attempts at Rap or HipHop around Europe in general. In Eurovision though, I think the best attempt was Montenegro 2013, and while those God damn lame ass juries completely trashed it, we should not forget that it was top. 5 with the televotes and I think what worked in this case was that it didn't include cringe tragic wannabe American English lyrics, the rap actually worked in the entry and felt like it was integrated and not like we had in other cases where it felt out of place, the flow seemed good and the general entry was something different, it didn't try to come across as American, it did something else and I guess that's why it worked.

EscGeek

Veteran

Sending rap to Eurovision is like asking for a flop, it only worked out twice (as far as I can remember) and for some odd? reason only when added to entries with ethnic tunes like Greece 2011 and Hungary 2017. Now in those two cases, I'm almost certain the rap parts weren't the reason for their successes, in fact I think they would have fared better if those parts were sung, although in the Hungarian entry it kind of worked, but in the Greek one the rap part was just cringe (probably due to the silly English lyrics and the fact that it felt so out of place and amateur). The problem with European rap in general is just how amateur it is and comes across as cringe desperate wannabe American, and let's be honest here, we can't beat them at their own game and I think Europeans should stick to what we know better.

But yeah, there are some exceptions of course, France and UK managed to produce some pretty ok rap/HipHop music for instance, but I'd say the exceptions are more rare than common when looking at attempts at Rap or HipHop around Europe in general. In Eurovision though, I think the best attempt was Montenegro 2013, and while those God damn lame ass juries completely trashed it, we should not forget that it was top. 5 with the televotes and I think what worked in this case was that it didn't include cringe tragic wannabe American English lyrics, the rap actually worked in the entry and felt like it was integrated and not like we had in other cases where it felt out of place, the flow seemed good and the general entry was something different, it didn't try to come across as American, it did something else and I guess that's why it worked.

Greece 2014 scored low in the final, but it did qualify... i wouldn't call it a flop if slovenia qualifies xthink

A-lister

Veteran

Greece 2014 scored low in the final, but it did qualify... i wouldn't call it a flop if slovenia qualifies xthink

Well, Greece was a super power in ESC, so I think for them scoring low in the final is considered a flop.

As for Slovenia, my point is that rap is hit or miss, if it sounds like the one you posted I'm almost sure you wouldn't qualify. However if you make something more unique out of it (I wouldn't mind that guy, he's hot as hell), MAYBE it could work... but I wouldn't count on it. I think in particular the juries loath rap, and I think Slovenia is in a similar position as Montenegro in this contest and you see what the juries did to them when they actually entered a forward-thinking cool entry with rap parts...

EscGeek

Veteran

I know rap is a risk... but he's on the wiwibloggs's wishlist too ..(probably for wrong reasons, but still.. (link)

how about another eye candy... Tanja Žagar :D

I've added two clips because the first one is quite old and as you can see, she's still on firexheatxlove

mauve

Veteran

I know rap is a risk... but he's on the wiwibloggs's wishlist too ..(probably for wrong reasons, but still.. (link)

how about another eye candy... Tanja Žagar :D

I've added two clips because the first one is quite old and as you can see, she's still on firexheatxlove

Yeah, but her music is unfortunately not on fire. :lol:

A-lister

Veteran

I think for all the wrong reasons :lol:

And knowing the guys at Wiwibloggs, most certainly so, they just want to touch him up in interviews next May :lol::lol::lol:

tuorem

There is a long way to go before we get there, but I'm super excited for EMA xcheer I hope next year's edition delivers, because 2018 was rather weak overall imo. Hopefully, RTVSLO will be able to build on the success of "Hvala, Ne!" The televoting winner not winning has become a tradition :lol: but it was clearly for the better this time around imo. Slovenia needs to look further and bring more different-sounding songs in the future.

I assume Raay will be involved in at least one song again, but I fear it's going to be a "been there, done that" effort. He's good at summer hits, yet he could use some forward-thinking-ness for the contest. He's totally able to compose something big.

By the way, the next generation of EMA participants is already warming up and learning from the best. Get ready. #LeaSirkLegacyIsReal #WeLoveAnInspiringLegend

And [MENTION=11532]EscGeek[/MENTION] is wearing his orange party outfit xheat How cute! :cool:

Romeo

Lina Kuduzović PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She will be 16 in December

Imagine something like this in ESC....

tuorem

Meh, a song like this is wouldn't be good enough for the contest imho, especially if it comes from Slovenia.

The girl could be a good representative if given the right track though. She can sing.

Top Bottom