Contact us

Slovenia SLOVENIA 2018 - Lea Sirk - Hvala, ne!

How do you rate the entry?

38 19.8%

17 8.9%

20 10.4%

17 8.9%

13 6.8%

18 9.4%

18 9.4%

10 5.2%

9 4.7%

11 5.7%

21 10.9%

• Total voters

tuorem

Re: SLOVENIA 2018

I hope Maraaya upped their game, last year's songs were fine but I need a banger this time! Something that stands out.

Also fingers crossed for an unexpectedly solid effort from a new face.

It'll be a treat to hear all the songs in Slovenian xheart

DanielLuis

The semi-final will take place on February 17th and the final will be on February 24th.
RTVSLO confirmed that in the semi-final the songs have to be 100% in national languages, but in the final there are no language restrictions, like they do on Iceland. I don't understand the point of this format, but oh well.

tuorem

I need them snippets right now xpray I'm listening to some entries from EMA 2017 to prepare myself. :mrgreen:

Slovenia has been so obviously hopeless the last couple of years this edition has to make up for it.

Last year's lineup was quite diverse musically, I hope 'tis also the case here. I pray for a standout or two... you never know.

Hopefully, not all qualifiers will sing in English during the final...

John1

I need them snippets right now xpray I'm listening to some entries from EMA 2017 to prepare myself. :mrgreen:

Slovenia has been so obviously hopeless the last couple of years this edition has to make up for it.

Last year's lineup was quite diverse musically, I hope 'tis also the case here. I pray for a standout or two... you never know.

Hopefully, not all qualifiers will sing in English during the final...

Gosh. I'm just utterly opposed to this kind of rule, when you aren't allowed to sing in whatever language except English for the semi-final. What's the point of doing this to be honest? I don't even understand why these rules are even introduced, whereas we all know that almost all of the participants will be much more eager to sing in English than in any other language.

Moreover, no sooner had I seen that it also happened in Iceland when I got to know the ESC (it's been a while :lol:), I instantly believed that some songs might have sounded different in Icelandic than in English and that Iceland may have eliminated a lot of acts which were actually outstanding.
They should get stuck to a 50%/60%/70% or whatever% national language rule instead of forcing them to sing in Slovene or any other language apart from English.

THIS IS SILLY. WHAT'S THE POIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINT? NONONONONONONONO

Mrm

Veteran

Come on dear sLOVEnia, it's time to reveal entries..all countries are revealing earlier than expected....follow them!!

tuorem

xrofl3

i checked: these two videos are from monday (the 13th) and the semi was on friday (17th) Technically it was less than 5 days:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZlLtEc_pJ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L9e8FZUMGg

That's bad... :lol: They could publish snippets earlier indeed, so that we people could have first impressions and discuss them before the show starts.

I suppose they'll do the same this year unfortunately. I'm so curious about this year's lineup.

EscGeek

Veteran

http://www.rtvslo.si/zabava/glasba/evrovizija/foto-nastopajoci-na-emi-delili-prve-vtise-o-svojih-pesmih/443503

If it hepls, there was an article published yesterday where the artists talked about their song:
I didn't translate word for word, but here's what they told:

Anabel: It's a fun and cheeky song that brings you positive thoughts
BQL: The lyrics are a metaphore for love and people involved in it
Gregor Ravnik: It's a positive love song, he's proud of it
Ina Shai: It has a strong message, but she wants people to interpret it
Indigo: It's about waking up/enlightenment
KiNG FOO: He was just listing useless adjectives. Sorry, but It looks like it's the "reach out for the stars" cliche song
Lara Kadis: The song is very emotional, It's about a break up after the girl realizes her boyfriend cheated on her
Lea Sirk: The song is modern, innovative, a bit crazy. It talks about her problems and how to solve them
Manuella: The message of the song is that everyone is entitled to his opinion
Marina Martensson:It's a love story between two people, But for her, it's about leaving (she's from sweden) and keeping dreams alive
MILA: It has positive energy. It focuses on confidence, happiness, optimism.
Nika Zorjan: The song is very emotional. It brings the memory of her childhood
Nuška Drašček: The song starts a bit dark, then the rhythm develops
Orter: He was just listing adjectives… i have no idea what his song will be like.. again, sorry
Proper: The song is a soft ballad that aims for the »wow« effect
Tanja Ribič: Her song focuses on empathy. She says we shouldn't ignore our positive feelings

DanielLuis

Is it true that there will be no audience during the shows? A friend of mine is in Slovenia and she wanted to watch the shows live

John1

http://www.rtvslo.si/zabava/glasba/evrovizija/foto-nastopajoci-na-emi-delili-prve-vtise-o-svojih-pesmih/443503

If it hepls, there was an article published yesterday where the artists talked about their song:

KiNG FOO: He was just listing useless adjectives. Sorry, but It looks like it's the "reach out for the stars" cliche song
Lara Kadis: The song is very emotional, It's about a break up after the girl realizes her boyfriend cheated on her
Lea Sirk: The song is modern, innovative, a bit crazy. It talks about her problems and how to solve them
Marina Martensson:It's a love story between two people, But for her, it's about leaving (she's from sweden) and keeping dreams alive
Orter: He was just listing adjectives… i have no idea what his song will be like.. again, sorry
Tanja Ribič: Her song focuses on empathy. She says we shouldn't ignore our positive feelings

Everyone but ManuElla please... :?

tuorem

Thank you for approximately translating this!

It's hard to judge based on so little information, but as far as lyrical content is concerned, Nika Zorjan's effort may be particularly interesting imo.

Otherwise, I hope there'll be a moody ballad or two among all those apparently "positive" entries (it seems like Nuška has one at least, and Proper is on my radar now). Lea Sirk might just do it for me this time as well ("Freedom" was decent, but not good enough imo. The title of her new song seems promising), and - despite the lack of hints - Orter still piques my interest (although I fear his song will be camp af :lol:)

On the contrary, the acts I'm not here for are King Foo and MozzarElla... I'm not sure why... :?

Top Bottom