Contact us

Slovenia SLOVENIA 2018 - Lea Sirk - Hvala, ne!

How do you rate the entry?

38 19.8%

17 8.9%

20 10.4%

17 8.9%

13 6.8%

18 9.4%

18 9.4%

10 5.2%

9 4.7%

11 5.7%

21 10.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
slovenia_640.png

12Points

Re: SLOVENIA 2018

Internally select BQL with a much better bop (or Raiven if they want to :mrgreen:)

EscGeek

Veteran

As much as i love "On My Way" i say down with the juries:cool:

And I hope rtvslo will continue working hard on EMA:D

tuorem

As much as i love "On My Way" i say down with the juries:cool:

And I hope rtvslo will continue working hard on EMA:D

Did you enjoy the "mini Melfest" aspect of the shows this year or were you bothered by the presence of visuals? I wonder.

Personally, I think RTVSLO did a really good job at all levels, it came across as very neat and professional. I'm ok with the kind of visuals we've seen, as long as it doesn't escalate quickly next year, I want the songs to remain the main interest. And it seems like neither juries nor people were fooled by staging, given the results (which is a good thing imo).

Of course - apart from a new face - Raiven remains my dearest wish for 2018 (maybe third time lucky?): not sure at all she will comeback (as it seems she will give a promotional concert in Ljubljana this Friday to present songs from her upcoming album) but I would love her to come back one more time. She has way too much potential not to fly the Slovenian flag in the contest once.

EscGeek

Veteran

[MENTION=9195]tuorem[/MENTION]

I enjoyed it a lot! That's why i hope rtvslo will continue working hard on EMA :D

12Points

EMA 2017 is a big show but still i don't like how they use a whole zone for a green room which is supposed to be for standing audience, also the stage is a bit creepy with those kind of industrial arches.

elanyvx

Two EMA's editions and two eliminations in Eurovision. Maybe the winners were "bad"?
RTVSLO can select the act internally, and maybe Raiven can go to Eurovision finally?
Why organize a good contest and then be eliminated in Europe?
They have to choose in an appropriate way (jury and televote), otherwise choose internally for those who prefer in RTVSLO !

John1

If it came to my own decision, I'd love EMA to return as long as Slovenia is taking part at the Eurovision. I assume that the Slovenian NF was among the best ones of all of the national finals this year. The fact that they didn't qualify shouldn't be seen as a huge failure by the producers of those shows, as this format was absolutely WONDERFUL. They shouldn't be even ashamed of the awful result from Slovenia in the SF1, due to the selected singers/entrants, who were almost all great. Moreover, Slovenia will have to give it a try several times or be waiting for some decent acts in order to be granted a qualification and a top 5 placement.

Two EMA's editions and two eliminations in Eurovision. Maybe the winners were "bad"?
RTVSLO can select the act internally, and maybe Raiven can go to Eurovision finally?
They have to choose in an appropriate way (jury and televote), otherwise choose internally for those who prefer in RTVSLO !

Could you remind me how many times Portugal did hold its Portuguese national final all over the years? 20? 30? 40? We're totally able to admit that it worked with Portugal, thus why wouldn't it work with Slovenia?

EscGeek

Veteran

Klemen Slakonja? yeeeeees xpray

He's been quiet for some time, but he's so talented that if rtvslo calls him during the summer he can come up with a strong contender until mid march

#FastFoodMusic :mrgreen:

tuorem

Personally, I can't see RTVSLO give up on EMA because: 1) they've already changed its format this year to offer people more artists and songs because they were probably aware the former 2014-2016 system had lost popularity, 2) because the current system (2 semis + 1 final) generates more money (tickets for the shows, commercials, votes).

They've put on a very professional show this year, and I'm certain they'll aim for a similar project, at least for a couple of years to see if it increases interest in Eurovision. I don't know if the viewing rates were good this year? xthink If someone is more informed, please let us know...

Otherwise, I agree with you: putting the shows aside, they should re-think their voting system or choose their "experts" more carefully because their decision has led to this obvious 2017 failure. They can fix their votes for Raiven indeed :mrgreen: (she deserves it so much tbh!) or simply think forward and reward riskier songs musically-speaking. Slovenia needs to stand out to fare decently, swimming in the sea of mediocrity won't make them go anywhere imo, way too many countries do that already.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

John1

Wow that's something, at least Salvador's win had some impact in other countries

This is the best aftermath that we could ever expect following the victory of :pt: at the ESC. It proves that we don't necessarily need to sing in English in order to win the whole thing. I deeply hope that they'll force all of the singers to perform their entry in Slovene (or other small minorities, which are recognized in :sl: ) at the ESC. It means that the entrant shouldn't be allowed to revamp their entry with some changes such as a translation of the whole entry from Slovene/Croatian to English.

tuorem

This is the best aftermath that we could ever expect following the victory of :pt: at the ESC. It proves that we don't necessarily need to sing in English in order to win the whole thing. I deeply hope that they'll force all of the singers to perform their entry in Slovene (or other small minorities, which are recognized in :sl: ) at the ESC. It means that the entrant shouldn't be allowed to revamp their entry with some changes such as a translation of the whole entry from Slovene/Croatian to English.

Hot news indeed xheart I really hope it will be like you said: "Vanilija" has been translated into English after Maja's victory in 2011, and I personally don't want that to happen anymore. If people voted for the song, they haven't voted for an instrumental, lyrics and language matter too. I cross my fingers for Albania that should stop translating their entries too, and Iceland should really consider abandoning that "it's your own choice" policy because it equals to English versions every time.

Side note: Raiven has to see this news xshifty

John1

Hot news indeed xheart I really hope it will be like you said: "Vanilija" has been translated into English after Maja's victory in 2011, and I personally don't want that to happen anymore. If people voted for the song, they haven't voted for an instrumental, lyrics and language matter too. I cross my fingers for Albania that should stop translating their entries too, and Iceland should really consider abandoning that "it's your own choice" policy because it equals to English versions every time.

Side note: Raiven has to see this news xshifty

Raiven is way too utterly motivated to give up on representing Slovenia at the ESC. Moreover, she absolutely deserves to win the whole thing, as she was one of the only entrants in the past few years, who sung in their NATIVE LANGUAGE. Isn't it so difficult and hard to do so? xfaint

tuorem

Raiven is way too utterly motivated to give up on representing Slovenia at the ESC. Moreover, she absolutely deserves to win the whole thing, as she was one of the only entrants in the past few years, who sung in their NATIVE LANGUAGE. Isn't it so difficult and hard to do so? xfaint

I know right, it's kind of sad to witness so little motivation in this regard. Thankfully, we had also Nika Zorjan and her dialect xheart Native language is not limited to traditional music or joke acts, it's part of a bigger picture which includes all kinds of music genres, and it should show through in national finals.

Regarding Raiven, I've seen some people claim she would have translated Zazarim in case of victory... :? I haven't found any info proving she actually said that, but that would have been quite lame imo. Anyway, it's indeed really fresh to see an artist like her promote modern material in Slovene. I'm really glad about that new rule in EMA.

John1

I know right, it's kind of sad to witness so little motivation in this regard. Thankfully, we had also Nika Zorjan and her dialect xheart Native language is not limited to traditional music or joke acts, it's part of a bigger picture which includes all kinds of music genres, and it should show through in national finals.

Regarding Raiven, I've seen some people claim she would have translated Zazarim in case of victory... :? I haven't found any info proving she actually said that, but that would have been quite lame imo. Anyway, it's indeed really fresh to see an artist like her promote modern material in Slovene. I'm really glad about that new rule in EMA.

How outrageous, Zazarim was truly a masterpiece, yet I still don't know whether it'd have turned out to get much more memorable and great in English. :? Despite being deeply fond of English and other things(which are strongly linked to linguistics) such as rhetoric and literature, which mostly surrounds my interest in this fabulous language; I cannot deny that Slovene sounds like a soft melody to my ears. This provides me the most marvellous vibes that I ever got. I just can't help it.

It comes across weird, but I'd love to live long enough in order to see Slovenia winning this shit someday.

EscGeek

Veteran

actually the article has been translated badly...original article here only states that the artists will have to perform in national language in the semi finals
So basically like in :is::)

Top Bottom