23 11.8%

51 26.2%

• Total voters

ESCada

Keep the faaaaaaith..xsing xheya

I too think he stands a chance

He gets all the hate because of 3 reasons

+his 2005 song was better (i agree)
+BQL would have a better chance (i agree)
+Because of his past

but the majority of voters don't know any of that xacademic

His 2005 song aged better than the entire top 10 in the final.
It's probably the best song ever to not qualify ....... STOP is my gem still.

EscGeek

Veteran
His 2005 song aged better than the entire top 10 in the final.
It's probably the best song ever to not qualify ....... STOP is my gem still.

it has a legendary status here in slovenia too...
i'm sure that if you'd go out on the busy street in Ljubljana and ask people to finish the lyrics, a lot of them would know it:cool:

Milos-BC

I like it a lot but sadly I don't see huge chances for him :( He can maybe qualify only if he vocally really nails it. Other than that, the song is great but doesn't stick out as much as "Stop". I will be rooting for :sl: to surprise tonight though.

7 points.

toinou03

The song is a snoozefest and I don't know why he chose to wear such a tacky suit, but gosh he's a fucking brilliant singer ! He could have deserved a final on his talent.
We have seen lots of shallow singers tonight. He owns the stage ! Wow

Hele.

Just wish that Slovenia will not be screwed by unfair juries (in National Final) next year. xshrug That's all I can say about this performance.

Fluke

Damn, at least he did one EPIC performance. That was way above my expectations.... good luck to him in the future!

tuorem

Hello hello, now that the first show has ended, I finally come back from the dead ya'll :p It was nice to discover the songs live and, as it will take some time for me to form an opinion about all the acts, I felt the need to comment on one of the songs I knew beforehand: "On My Way".

Dear Slovenia, God knows you're still my favourite nation in ESC ever, but look at the picture I took in my living room tonight when you've failed to qualify, which pretty sums up my reaction:

I won't go into detail tonight, but - despite the overall so-so results as far as my taste is concerned - I'm actually glad Omar didn't make it, and I'm not even sorry about it. When you have a NF such as EMA 2017 with a couple of "no-brainer" options, the last thing you'd contemplate would be to choose a dated pile of clichés. Some parts of the staging were really a positive surprise and I approved of the clothing upgrade, but that's not enough to make this effort worth a grand final tbh.

I feared a little this might sail through out of nowhere, but no. People didn't buy it. Now as he says, Omar probably won't come back (and I don't mind it at all), I couldn't stand his arrogance in the NF, so I guess what goes around comes around. RTVSLO need to choose better juries next time (ManuElla really?), favouring vocals regardless of musical merit isn't a great strategy, especially for a country that always struggles to qualify. Think outside the box please.

I end this post by a compassionate thought for BQL, Raiven and Nika Zorjan who are most probably sipping champagne right now with a bitchy look saying "I told ya! Shoulda chosen ME". :lol: Seriously though, I love you guys and you know I'm one of those who claim you're unfairly underrated no matter what you send, but this time NQ was 100% deserved to me.

For those of you who like to read my reviews, don't worry, I'll review "On My Way" in detail later ;)

Good night xkiss

aef

Well of course this would not have happened with those two guys...
s10_18_bql_iz_i940.jpg

Edward

I thought this was the best entry tonight (dismissing my own country). Feel bad it didn't make it.

Anyone else noticed during the show that on the highlights to vote the clip for this song was considerably shorter than all others? From that alone I could tell that it wouldn't pass. It's like it was already marked not to pass or something.

A shame really, great vocal display and presentation. And well composed song, both lyrically and musically.

Marko279

I do not know what you think guys, and why so many 0 pts, but i think this song was very good. 8pts at least. Hard to sing and sang nicely.

martin

Too boring even with a good voice. So sad for Slovenia. You had much better songs in NF, but i hope Slovenia jury will learn and you get a great entry next year :)

alca

I was thinking he might make it last night. He did a great performance and despite what people think of the song, I catch myself many times singing it in my head.

Plus, Omar doesn't seem to have aged since 2005!

EscGeek

Veteran
BQL are fine, i like "Heart Of Gold" but they are really overrated by you guys...just sayin

now to quote myself

But if since they were the public choice, i agree that they deseved to go to Kiev more

I'm not sad that we failed...The song is awesome!
My number 12 this year

Good day :cool:

Milos-BC

Judging from his facial experessions during the performance, I think that even he didn't believe he could make it :( Also it didn't have that "wow" moment in his performance as if he was holding back to a degree.

Well, I hoped he could surprise but the outcome is very realistic. Although it is a good song, it's not as good as "Stop" and it didn't stand out at all.

Better luck next year.

Edward

I still feel kinda bad for Omar. I watched his performance counteless times the day after his semi. I really liked the simple staging, the very first shot from the top looking down with those intro synths will remain in memory for a long time. I liked how confident he seemed during the performance, clearly someone who knows how to work well for the cameras.

Contest concluded it remains in my top 5. Probably top 2/3 right up there with Kasia.

Slovenia should be proud.

Top Bottom