14 3.9%

10 2.8%

3 0.8%

5 1.4%

4 1.1%

10 2.8%

• Total voters

Musicosity

in 35 jury vs. televote cases jury helped us 23 times, half of the time the difference being eight or more places...
As professionals the jurors can see the quality of the song itself, but for the televoters you need the big show to draw them in. Sweden did it with the CGI, while Russia and Italy did it with the power of their voices. Maraaya did not do it at all. They tried, but it was a too feeble attempt.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I'd say I'm sad for this flop, but the live performances were really dissapointing :(

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
I'd say I'm sad for this flop, but the live performances were really dissapointing :(

I kinda agree. Neither the semi nor the final made me really sit up and think it could win. A shame, as I still really like the song.

Carian

Well, Eurovision is for hardcore fans a whole year event, for softcore fans a monthly or two weeks event, for majority of population it is an one-evening event. Soon, people will forget and no one will care about results. But I do wonder which of the songs will be airplayed most. And we know all that Maraaya will do well, much better than Australia, Latvia, Montenegro, Serbia etc.
Regardless of this, I think something happened to me yesterday. I felt so excited before the show, but then by the middle of the songs I was so fed up with ESC. Usually my heart was beating like crazy when watching voting results... But yesterday, I didn't care. I really didn't care as much as I should.
To sum up this year's ESC, I'd say Austrians didn't give us the best show, it could have been better - Russian production in 2009 and German in 2011 are still the best edition of ESC for me.
What to say about the winner? Apart from the fact that this song is too "inspired" by some music acts around the globe, I really don't like Mans as personality. He doesn't give me the right vibe, his convictions are homophobic (no matter how many times he kissed and hugs gays over the last 12 months to convince us that he is not homophobic), and most of all, only recently I've read that his song is about bullied kids, of which he was one himself. Well, since I was bullied and beaten too, I can relate to his story and feel compassion, but honestly, I cannot understand how or what part of his song is about bullied kids. For this reason, I think he is just making it up, and as someone who was bullied, I must say I don't like the idea that the experiences of bullied kids are presented/sold in such a trivial fashion to media just to win.
And what about Maraaya in the future? Raay wasn't really popular in Slovenia. I am not saying he will be now super popular among Slovenians, but I do believe Slovenians like him much much before, much more than before winning EMA this year. Marjetka definitively won the sympathies of Slovenians, who obviously like very much this year's entry. And this is not something what happens often in Slovenia. So, in my opinion, Maraaya with their song and their ESC journey this year won over Slovenians, which is probably their biggest achievement. And I am glad for both of them, cuz they work really hard, and moreover, they do make good music ;)

As for EBU, next year juries should score also originality of songs. If professional juries are to judge staging and dress, I think they could score originality of songs as well.

hawadharma

Just had the chance to watch ESC after long weekend on outstation work.. :(

To be honest, Maraaya's performance was so below par.. and the draw certainly not helpful..

But in terms of pre-ESC promotion, :sl: wins hands down xcheer

I will always love this song no matter what..

CatEye

We actually scored higher than I expected.
In the semi we got points from every country except the Uk, Sweden and Ireland. And a 14th place with that draw and our "success" in ESC is a very good result.
With a better staging it could have been better, but our delegations never come up with anything.
All in all, it's not a flop at all. We were in the odds 9th before the semi and after the draw 11th, which is just 3 places higher than the place we got in the end.

estonia

The best song and I loved that performance!xmusicxheart I also voted for it and I'm angry we didn't give you points.. But I saw in combined vote Slovenia was 11th in our ranking, so it was so close... And definitely Maraaya deserved to be in top 10 with much higher points..

hawadharma

The best song and I loved that performance!xmusicxheart I also voted for it and I'm angry we didn't give you points.. But I saw in combined vote Slovenia was 11th in our ranking, so it was so close... And definitely Maraaya deserved to be in top 10 with much higher points..

I loved everything about the performance except for Marjetka's styling.. dress.. gestures.. movements..
She is like a sore thumb sticking out in the middle of a performance that could have been a great one..
Her vocals also sounds restrained and forced..

bstream

The awkward camera angles and slow paced shots didnt help an otherwise unique song

hawadharma

The awkward camera angles and slow paced shots didnt help an otherwise unique song

I really loved Estonia's camera shots and angles.
Looks so dramatic and fits the emotion of the song really well.

toinou03

I really loved Estonia's camera shots and angles.
Looks so dramatic and fits the emotion of the song really well.

Yes ! I think it was really innovative and quite different from what we're used to see in Eurovision. It was difficult to combine 3 persons doing different things and it was well done.

The, the song itself didn't meet its audience (as we say in French :lol: ) and it's like that. But it's a very good effort, and a good result for Slovenia ! :)

busybee

This was killed by performing first, I'm sure!

You did well, Slovenia, you can be proud of your entry...and I loved your girl's voice :)

Sammy

Veteran
So sorry for Slovenia! I still think it's one of the best songs this year, if not the best, but the performance and the staging wasn't helping! What a chance they've missed!!

Still - congratulations!

CatEye

We simply suck at staging. The only year since the 2000s that we got it right was in 2007, every other year it was either lacklustre or simply beyond awful(2008). Even San marino is better. The only country that's worse is Macednonia(still can't believe what they have done to their song this year and last year too).

Anyway, I highly doubt that we can qualify 3 years in a row and since I'm sure that Björktroll will come up with more stupid changes, I probably won't care much about ESC next year. As seen in the past years, the easiest way to get a decent result is to have a good singer that performs a vocal acrobatics. It's not a winning formula, but should get enough support to achieve a nice result. So maybe RTVSLO should try searching for such songs/artists in the future.

Iuris

Underrated.

Chorizo

I'm really sad about my favorite failing like this. The way Germany voted this year was awful and all my votes didn't help. :(

Slovenia would have at least deserved to be in the top 10.

Top Bottom