Contact us

Slovakia SLOVAKIA 2020 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
sk.png

tuorem

Re: SLOVAKIA 2020

Did :by: convice :kz: to debut or was it rather a matter of a decision taken by the EBU/JESC reference group? :?

Maybe I read too much into it, but the Belarusian broadcaster did support Kazakhstan's debut in both JESC and Eurovision if I remember correctly. As the host nation, I believe it might have influenced the reference group's decision to allow Kazakhs to debut since apparently the EBU's higher authorities didn't seem to have played a part in it.

But that may well just be my interpretation.

John1

Re: SLOVAKIA 2020

Maybe I read too much into it, but the Belarusian broadcaster did support Kazakhstan's debut in both JESC and Eurovision if I remember correctly. As the host, I believe it might have influenced the reference group's decision to allow Kazakhs to debut since apparently the EBU's higher authorities didn't seem to have played a part in it.

But that may well just be my interpretation.

This seems quite logical to me, as Poland could perfectly try to bring back :sk: for good. :cz: did indeed come back thanks to the win of :at: in 2014 and they did quite well within the next 5 years. Who knows?

Top Bottom