Contact us

Slovakia SLOVAKIA 2018 - Not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
slovakia_640.png

SaladBreak

Re: SLOVAKIA 2018

I hope Slovakia gets encouraged by :pt:'s win and returns!

Realest

Kristina P. should Return like Poli G. after an undeserved lost and gets her countries best result.

DanielLuis

RTVS has said a decision on participation hasn't been made yet! A change from the previous years, when they said immediately they wouldn't return.

Sabiondo

RTVS has said a decision on participation hasn't been made yet! A change from the previous years, when they said immediately they wouldn't return.

They are trying to find the money for the project - that what they are saying! if they don't have money for ESC, then they will quit later this year.

JonnyWest

Apparently RTVS has a new director that seems to be more positive about Eurovision, hopefully they will have the money/sponsors they need to participate

DanielLuis

Hopefully the Czech current plans for continued participation is a good influence on RTVS

A-lister

Veteran

So maybe that video eurovision.tv put up was about Slovakia after all?

The only part of me make me slightly optimistic that they might return is the video Eurovision.tv put up, for now I see this as some sort of sign...

Let's cross our fingers, but I'm not convinced yet but it would be great to see them back!

tuorem

Czechs haven't exactly received much love from televoters since their return, nonetheless Slovakia should come back and get back to their 2009-2010 standards.

I'd be very happy to see them take part in Lisbon, but I ain't here for Americanised songs or Swedish imports. Czechs have given up in this regard, ironically "Hope Never Dies" remains their best televoting result ever so far.

As long as they strive to showcase local talents, my body is ready. I say that every year since their withdrawal, but - of course - Kristina Pelakova can return whenever she wants with a banger like "Jablcko" :mrgreen:

Mrm

Veteran

I just hope that disaster of so called singer Kristina Pelakova will never ever step again on the ESC stage..can not stand that talentless kitsch.. :?

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

I just hope that disaster of so called singer Kristina Pelakova will never ever step again on the ESC stage..can not stand that talentless kitsch.. :?

Honey, this is not the thread of Israel 2017.

Realest

I have a question: How can you call Kristina talentless while you have Juliya Samoylova as Profile Picture?

Mrm

Veteran

I have a question: How can you call Kristina talentless while you have Juliya Samoylova as Profile Picture?

I don't have an answer to such a, hmm, let's say weird, not to be more hrsh, question...

Ba27Ja

I really do hope that we will come back.... as a fan from 2009 (I was a first-grader back then :p), when Slovakia participated first time after absence and first time in my life, I would go nuts if we came back to the contest ! I really do hope it will happen in 2018 !

Mrm

Veteran

I really do hope that we will come back.... as a fan from 2009 (I was a first-grader back then :p), when Slovakia participated first time after absence and first time in my life, I would go nuts if we came back to the contest ! I really do hope it will happen in 2018 !

WELCOME!! It's so good to have somebody from SVK here! :) I'm really sorry for my words on Kristina Pelakova, but I really dislike, her and her song in ESC...I also hope and cross my fingers for Slovakia to come back ( I Love Slovakia as country so much)...and I'd like to have NF again like it was in 2009...with a lot of semis and many singers...MISTA should have won instead of Kristina Pelakova that year..maybe Mista can be chosen to represent Slovakia internally? :)

A-lister

Veteran

You mean one of the best ESC entries of all time? Yeah God forbid we have such good entries ever again xshrug... anyways ESC is basically a dated-bland-cheesy-Disney-Pop-in-English-Contest these days so I guess something as unique and great as "Horehronie" will not happen with the current system...

...and then there's such "masterpieces" as Flame is Burning performed by such "talents" as Yulia Samoylova aswell :lol:

A-lister

Veteran

Mista who? :lol:

Really hope Slovakia comes back next year - there's lots of talent and interesting music there. Fingers crossed xcrossed

I hope so too, but I doubt it xshrug

But it would be great, Slovakia is surely one of the most underrated countries ever in ESC 1996, 1998, 2009-2010 were all good... 2011-2012 I will try to forget ever happened... those are two examples of what's wrong with ESC, when the local is being dissed by juries so desperate attempts at being wannabe "American" is taken instead of staying true.

Top Bottom