Contact us

Sites that use to make the shows

JSSArcos

Hello everyone ... I am currently using only Canva and PowerPoint to do the shows, I also have Photoshop installed on the pc (but I do not like it very much)

What websites / applications do you use? :D

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Photoshop CC 2017 and when I am not home (for example when I had to host from my uncle's PC) pixlr.com. For scoreboards I use scorewiz: I save the scorewiz web page then change stuff using notepad++. Final touches are made in Photoshop.

The trick with Photoshop is to have patience to keep practicing. I've been using it since 2012 and I can't imagine using another application tbh (maybe Adobe Illustrator but that looks really complicated)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Powerpoint banners. xheart See WV52/56 for hot Powerpoint banners by moi.

Just what the other 2 have said, but if you can get PS it is worth it. I remember Trece forcing me to download the trial for the wv52 results banners and I almost died in horror at using it, but I just kept playing in it after, watching videos on youtube on how to do certain stuff and practicing myself and now I swear by it. It's the best and easiest platform to make great banners imo.

Use Scorewiz for the results, just input the voting and then take screenshots of the scoreboards. If you learn how to edit stuff in notepad, or have an 'offline' scorewiz, like I used then you can edit backgrounds and how everything looks. It's all about practice really.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I use Pixlr for banners, Excel for results, Imgur for picture hosting, & ScoreWIZ for scoreboards; the latter used to be a nightmare to work with but is a lot more intuitive nowadays.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
I am using Paint.net for banners, Excel for results (given I use it basically every day for work, I'm fairly comfortable with it) and probably scorewiz for results (not tried it since it changed, but I trust LVER and Ashley about it). I'm hosting the images via my Wordpress site as it means I have a decent amount of control over how long they stay up :p

Eulaliya

I use mainly Photoshop for banners and scoreboards (with Excel for faster computing), and ScoreWiz solely for emergency purposes (like when I have to host the results while on holiday). For image hosting I use Imgur. (Though I am trying my hand on the other scoreboard-making processes like what they use on ISC and contests on the other forum)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I forgot to say, for image hosting I use postimg or imgur. Imgur don't seem to remove the images, but imo the quality is lowered. I noticed Whe I hosted with Hele in Hawaii the semi 1 banners looked to be in poor quality - or I noticed anyway and then in the other 2 I changed to postimg and they looked better. Postimg doesn't lower the quality and in their entire time only deleted everything once - which wasn't of their doing and even then was easily fixed by changing the .org to .cc in the image links. Imo Postimg is the overall best of the 2, but imgur works just fine.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I think Picfont is really great for any text needs you may have. Their selection of fonts and options is not bad at all considering it's a free browser based tool. Pixlr i've used for years and it works, but I wish I had something fancier *cough cough* Photoshop. I'm tired of all the ads there as well. When I get a new laptop soonish, i'm going to look into getting a proper program. I did use Photoshop years ago when my dad had it on his computer for work, but it's been like over ten years since i've tried it. It looks like you can't outright buy versions of Photoshop anymore though which sucks. You have to subscribe and it's super expensive... so yeah......... no.

One thing I have been using recently is Sketchbook, which I highly recommend to anyone who has a tablet + stylus, and even just a little bit of creative juice inside that you wanna get flowing. It's fun and very easy to use, although you've got to be thinking outside of the box when using it for banner making. I had only just started using it for the very first time when I last got to host WorldVision. I'm much more happy with the banners I made a couple of editions ago for my Icons NF. The only limit with this Sketchbook program is your imagination and your available time.

I think what you should use depends on if you want something slick and sexy or more arts and crafty. I like a bit of both but I think I falter a bit on the slick and sexy side. Bless forum games though for getting us all into making thingsxheart

DenizESC

Banned
Btw guys you could use GIMP instead of Photoshop, I'm aware it's not exactly the same but still. Completely open-source and pretty high performance app.

Ain't nobody got money for Photoshop

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Btw guys you could use GIMP instead of Photoshop, I'm aware it's not exactly the same but still. Completely open-source and pretty high performance app.

Ain't nobody got money for Photoshop

Who even buys photoshop? No one on this forum. Sometimes you don't have to pay. ;)

Himan

I'm now using paint.net in combination with excel to make the results. It's interesting. :)

Top Bottom