• Yes

30 68.2%
  • No

12 27.3%
  • Don't Care

2 4.5%

• Total voters

FallenAngelII

Azerbaijan is an Eastern country and the UK is Western. First got 1st place, second - 11th. And what about Hungary, France, Russia, Estonia, Sweden, Austria and Switxerland? They really deserved to be in top 10/
Did you just claim that Sweden wasn't Top 10?

Sim

I don't like juries because they are there ONLY to stop block voting and Diaspora voting and I think they managed that BUT they also rate the vocal performance and the quality of the songs wich they shouldn't do!

sorry Lucian, but that I really don't understand
Juries are only to vote for other countries than neighbours despite the song?:s

lucian-crusher

:? What? So they should only vote for the songs that end up bottom of Eastern televoting results? Weird...

No! But they should vote for songs they like as people not as music experts! They shouldn't care about the voice and they should realise that the majority of people don't like Jazz and Opera. For example if after they listen the Swedish song their ears like it they shouldn't think like music experts and analyse the silly lyrics and just vote for it!

IMO the best way to do both things is that instead of music experts evey country takes 5 people from different social classes that have nothing to do with Eurovision. Then they have to listen to the songs and rate them BUT without knowing wich country the songs represent! And that should be the jury votes!

Sean

Admin
Staff member
IMO the best way to do both things is that instead of music experts evey country takes 5 people from different social classes that have nothing to do with Eurovision. Then they have to listen to the songs and rate them BUT without knowing wich country the songs represent! And that should be the jury votes!

I have to admit that would be a good idea in theory, but it would probably not work, as it isn't too hard to work out where the entries would have come from if I'm honest :p

lucian-crusher

Juries are only to vote for other countries than neighbours despite the song?:s

No! But the juries should vote liked normal people and not like music experts! They should vote by what is popular in that country. In :ro: the music taste is 40 % House music, 40 % manele and 20 % other genres. If you are in the Romanian jury and a country sends a manea/chalga/laika/turbo folk just vote for it even if it's considered trah music. A lot of the people in your country like it!

lucian-crusher

I have to admit that would be a good idea in theory, but it would probably not work, as it isn't too hard to work out where the entries would have come from if I'm honest :p

It's hard! Trust me! And if those people have nothing to do with Eurovision and never heard of it I don't think they would vote for the neighbour country just because it's their neighbour country!

FallenAngelII

No! But they should vote for songs they like as people not as music experts! They shouldn't care about the voice and they should realise that the majority of people don't like Jazz and Opera.
Yes, because France's 15th place with 82 points totally indicates the juries kept showering it with jury 12's and 10's!

For example if after they listen the Swedish song their ears like it they shouldn't think like music experts and analyse the silly lyrics and just vote for it!
Why not? Because you say so? The juries exist to prevent **************************************** from doing well just because the televoters are being stupid. Excuse me while I re-write the Swedish song into a song about how pudding tastes totally awesome, get someone who can't carry a tune to save their life and who's also really fat and unattractive to sing it. Would you still demand it win Eurovision? Because it totally sounds good if you ignore the lyrics and shoddy singing?

Yes, because random idiots should totally be given 50% of the power! It's like televoting, only with less people having much more power! And it's not like people can't use Google in this day and age.

Sim

No! But the juries should vote liked normal people and not like music experts! They should vote by what is popular in that country. In :ro: the music taste is 40 % House music, 40 % manele and 20 % other genres. If you are in the Romanian jury and a country sends a manea/chalga/laika/turbo folk just vote for it even if it's considered trah music. A lot of the people in your country like it!

I admit I would like more the idea that the juries don't know which song belongs to which country, but it's impossible to do that.
Then also televoters should do that I think

nikolay_BG

Banned
I admit I would like more the idea that the juries don't know which song belongs to which country, but it's impossible to do that.
Then also televoters should do that I think

Am I the only one who saw that on the screen the number of the song is bigger and bolded then the country name is smaller and not so good written?

lucian-crusher

Yes, because France's 15th place with 82 points totally indicates the juries kept showering it with jury 12's and 10's!

What about the place :it: got?

Why not? Because you say so? The juries exist to prevent **************************************** from doing well just because the televoters are being stupid. Excuse me while I re-write the Swedish song into a song about how pudding tastes totally awesome, get someone who can't carry a tune to save their life and who's also really fat and unattractive to sing it. Would you still demand it win Eurovision? Because it totally sounds good if you ignore the lyrics and shoddy singing?

The juries where brought back just to prevent block and Diaspora voting not to vote for compositions. And the thing with quality it's subjective! The Italian song it's not of better or worser quality then the Portuguesse song! Jazz is not better quality then what Verka Serduchka sings, and what Verka Serdushka sings it's not better quality then Jazz. It's just music and it's not bad or worse!

Yes, because random idiots should totally be given 50% of the power! It's like televoting, only with less people having much more power! And it's not like people can't use Google in this day and age.

Yes! Because music is music and it should be the same even if I rate it, you rate it, Dustin the Turkey rates it or Andrew Lloyd Weber rates it!

Sim

Sorry Lucian, but I still think that juries have the right to vote for songs, just like televoters have that right

FallenAngelII

What about the place :it: got?
We do not yet know how much of that was thanks to the juries. Also, you used France as an argument. Either concede you were wrong or defend the argument. I'm not a fan of the "Let's pretend I neve said that" approach.

The juries where brought back just to prevent block and Diaspora voting not to vote for compositions.
No they weren't. They are instructed to vote for ccompositions and songs over stage show and vocal ability. It's a part of their job.

The reasons for bringing them back as demanded by the televoters may have been simply to prevent block and diaspora voting, but the EBU thought differently and included other things in their job descriptions. And I much prefer it that way. Heavens knows we need people to keep entries like "Popular" from winning.

And the thing with quality it's subjective! The Italian song it's not of better or worser quality then the Portuguesse song!
What? Really?

Jazz is not better quality then what Verka Serduchka sings, and what Verka Serdushka sings it's not better quality then Jazz. It's just music and it's not bad or worse!
Keep telling yourself that. That there's no way to judge lyrics, compositions, melody and arrangement.

Yes! Because music is music and it should be the same even if I rate it, you rate it, Dustin the Turkey rates it or Andrew Lloyd Weber rates it!
So why do you even watch the Eurovision Song Contest? I assume you think the televoters are qualified to rate the quality of each entry, as you keep demanding the juries be abolished and all power be given to the televoters.

Isn't that then judging what's better? You're just mad you no longer hold 100% of the power.

Sim

Well Lucian, what do you think, you just posted estonian jury results, have they voted for songs or vocal?

Top Bottom