Should the commentators be neutral ?

Should they leave the bias away?

• Yeah

47 73.4%
  • Nah

17 26.6%

• Total voters

ag89

I don't think so. I heard some commentators, particularly the Bulgarian one and because the language is similar I could understand many things. That style with dry information is so boring. On the other hand, I didn't like many of the comments Terry Wogan was making, but something in between is needed. Something like the current BBC commentator. I don't think commentators should say "this song is so bad" or "this song is so boring", but it is more interesting if they add some form of critical approach or add some spicy info or some laughs... I don't know. I think it's OK if commentator says "this performance was not as good as their jury performance" or similar. Or if they say something about selection dramas etc.

HayashiM

Veteran
I guess its ok to do a - respectful - joke here and there, but when Albert Černý as a co-commentator started to ask people to vote for some of his favourite songs this year, he crossed the line for me - I hope he is not asked back.

Interesting unbiased trivia and a few jokes are ok to me.

Ezio

Veteran
Well, obviously, they are called commentators and not reporters, so they are entitled to their opinions. A sports commentator is also judgmental, so I am fine with a Eurovision commentator being judgmental. And they should comment on any song they want according to the merits of this song in their opinion, as long it's not nationalisitc.

The only thing worth cancelling is cancel culture itself.

Juliette

I loved our commentator this year. Instead of keeping the usual one who can't even bother to pronounce song titles correctly.

Top Bottom