Contact us

Shameless heavy pop, schlager metal, sellouts, cheesy rock - bring your favourite

LalehForWD

7500_artist.jpg

Sharon den Adel, Within Temptation xheart

Metal hits

There are a number of very popular bands that recurrent receive terrible reviews for being pop or commercial sellouts and are immediately rejected by pop fans as "yikes metal - puke". Finally, here these outcasts have a place where they can thrive. xyes

LalehForWD

:nl: Epica - Tides of Time (Design Your Universe, 2009)

This song is one of my all time favourites. xheart Sadly there isn't a good video of it.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
There's nothing "schlager metal" about Epica or Within Temptation, whatever that even means. Epica plays mostly Symphonic Metal with a bit of Gothic Metal and Progressive Metal thrown in the mix. Within Temptation borders Symphonic Metal and Symphonic Rock. Sub-genres within their own right.

LalehForWD

Simone_simons1.jpg

Simone Simons xheartxheart

As a longtime devoted fan of Epica, I salute you for standing up for them, baby! :p

SyneRyder

:de: Oomph! - Kleinstadtboy (Des Wahnsinns Fette Beute, 2012)

I'm a big fan of Oomph, but they've gone from industrial ambient, through various forms of metal / goth / industrial rock, to cheesy metal-electropop covers of Bronski Beat. But I still love listening to all of their music!

Top Bottom