2 1.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

randajad

Veteran
My wishlist for 2024 PZE:
1) the show being hosted in a proper venue; it looked great in the studio, and it's probably comfortable for RTS to do it there, but it might be time for an upgrade
2) continue and expand the diversity in the line-up; it was awesome to see such a variety of artists both in their music styles and backgrounds
3) not a wish, but I wouldn't mind this change: a common theme I have seen in the media is an idea to change the semis into two different categories: "amateur" and "established acts"; could be fun, this was how Sunčane skale did it back in the day
4) promote the show better; they did it well and it's getting better in recent years, but there's a long way to go
5) expand the juries and change the voting format to mimic the Eurovision one better; another thing I heard by some TV personalities is to copy Dora with regional juries and I like that quite a bit
6) don't fall into sending another "weird" act just for the sake of being different, it won't work every time

Loindici

Veteran
My wishlist for 2024 PZE:
1) the show being hosted in a proper venue; it looked great in the studio, and it's probably comfortable for RTS to do it there, but it might be time for an upgrade
2) continue and expand the diversity in the line-up; it was awesome to see such a variety of artists both in their music styles and backgrounds
3) not a wish, but I wouldn't mind this change: a common theme I have seen in the media is an idea to change the semis into two different categories: "amateur" and "established acts"; could be fun, this was how Sunčane skale did it back in the day
4) promote the show better; they did it well and it's getting better in recent years, but there's a long way to go
5) expand the juries and change the voting format to mimic the Eurovision one better; another thing I heard by some TV personalities is to copy Dora with regional juries and I like that quite a bit
6) don't fall into sending another "weird" act just for the sake of being different, it won't work every time

I feel we're heading there. PZE has a clear direction, is fresh, and I expected an upgrade sooner or later. Point no. 5 seems good considering the current jury inconsistency we had seen.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
hopefully this time they pick someone who can actually sing live. xheart

MrSengoku

Breskvica confirmed she is going to apply for next year.
She might be the early favorite like Hurricane were in 2020, because of her popularity alone

EscGeek

Veteran
I expect a lot from Breskvica. xYExcheer
Long time members might know i have a thing for food themed songs. This might translate to artists too. xrofl

Breskvica literally means "(small) peach"

elanyvx

National selection for Serbia at Eurovision 2024. Deadline on 1 November!

Paco Roca

If Serbia hires Kiffness and brings a song like that, the ESC has won. It has everything: good traditional music, dance atmosphere, a yokel similar to an ostrogoth who dances, a dancing cat keeps time by moving its head, a group of elderly people having fun dancing in strange poses and a child who has fun in the disco with sunglasses. What more could you want? I would feel completely quenched my thirst. It also deals with the theme of sleep/insomnia already brought into 2023 with Luke Black.

Last edited:

Marcos C

RTS received 235 submissions for Pesma za Evroviziju 2024.

The final of the contest will take place on March 2. The semifinals are provisionally scheduled for February 27 and 29.

Last edited:

ag89

Serbia has a huuuuge and massive music industry (and quite influential in the Balkans) and some of these diverse acts we have seen at PzE already. With this direction I really think Serbia can win sooner or later... However, I think it's time for PzE for some changes:
- I don't like the current voting system, I think it's time to switch to Eurovision style (number of votes translated to percentages and then to actual points)
- on that note, I think they should have more than 5 jury members
- RTS should do more to attract riskier and underground musicians
- two semis are fine, but everything more than 12 or 14 songs per semi is hard to follow
- PzE is such a bad name: I hope they go back to name "Beovizija" since everyone is still calling this show Beovizija.

The other day I watched an interview with the head of RTS music programme (I hope that's the title) - in short:
- PzE will not move (for now) to halls, arenas or Sava Centar: they explained there is no added value for the show to add actual spectators nor RTS has a budget to rent Belgrade Arena (20.000 seats) for 3 weeks
- they are very satisfied with the interest for this year: they are starting with listening process (all songs) in coming days: the list of selected songs will be out by the end of December and they will publish the songs in January
- Serbia has no intention to switch to internal selection: the process was hard and did not bring expected results and also it put a lot of pressure on RTS
- the absence of North Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Bulgaria motivates Serbia to intensify its efforts in creating an entry that can qualify independently, without relying on support from neighboring countries and the diaspora.
- they will continue doing production of the show Eurovision style: they selected stage design and rehearsals will be based fully on what happens at the actual ESC.
- we cannot expect anytime soon to see Serbia send a song fully in English.

randajad

Veteran
Teya Dora, who recently had a worldwide viral song, has officially confirmed that she submitted a song written and performed by herself. It would be surprising if she were not in the final line-up, so I believe her participation is secured.

Looren

Veteran
Participant list :

Nemanja Radošević – Jutra bez tebe
Bojana x David – No No No
Marko Mandić – Dno
Dušan Kurtić – Zbog tebe živim
Milan Bujaković – Moje tvoje
Hydrogen – Nemoguća misija
Kat Dosa – Tajni začin
Filarri – Ko je ta žena?
M.IRA – Percepcija