• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Ezio

Veteran
10 points from me.

Bmbriga

I'm giving it 6. Apritiate the song, but don't like his vocals at all. Especially in live version. 😬

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Remembrance

It is an interesting and much different vibe compared to the rest of the contest - similar to last year.
Not sure it'll do as well as last year, but I applaud the experimentation of it all.

Good luck, Serbia.

midnightsun

Veteran
I only hope they‘ll have good staging (like in the NF - minus the cables and shell :ROFLMAO:) otherwise it could be in danger. I really hope this is doing well, the Eurovision stage has so much potential to even elevate the song. I want this masterpiece to blow away the audience.

Lindon

This evening Teya and Salena performed at a filmed acoustic live session "Molitva".

akoz

Am I the only one who see this like Melovin trying to sing a Hatrið Mun Sigra, just a little bit more melody in the song itself and with less challenging performance? :LOL:

I'm not really a fan of such kind of songs but as for the full package this should easily qualify and target a top10 finish in the final. Only sad thing is that looks like Serbia decide to leave balkan pop/bop and folklore songs behind for a time and go all-in on eye-catching and challenging performances without really strong songs behind them. :7: in the pool.

Zeus

3 minutes long but if you hear him sing it you feel like he came twice at least. Why does he need to "sing" like an over-the-top Wiwibloggs-kiddo? It's annoying to listen to, even more so because the track does have some interesting elements to it.

DirtyFalcon

I forgot to give my ranking here. It's of course a 12. My ears are having an eargasm everytime i listen to this. Serbia only went in my Top 15 one time in the last 8 years. But this year changed everything. Absolutely groundbreaking and my favourite entry ever from Serbia by a billion of miles. The last minute is absolutely masterful and worth of a grammy award. My winner this year and most likely in my Top 5 ESC favourite entries of all time.

hijirio

Veteran
3 minutes long but if you hear him sing it you feel like he came twice at least. Why does he need to "sing" like an over-the-top Wiwibloggs-kiddo? It's annoying to listen to, even more so because the track does have some interesting elements to it.
internalized femphobia tbh

Zeus

internalized femphobia tbh
No, just wrong musical choices that don't help the song much in terms of structure and creating a layered end product (take the random laugh in the end for example) which I find dissapointing because the song (/track) does have some promising elements in it.

I think that phrase fits better at how people reacted (on this forum as well) on Sheldon Rileys performance last year.

Iker

Veteran
No, just wrong musical choices that don't help the song much in terms of structure and creating a layered end product (take the random laugh in the end for example) which I find dissapointing because the song (/track) does have some promising elements in it.

I think that phrase fits better at how people reacted (on this forum as well) on Sheldon Rileys performance last year.

It is sorta avantgarde, isn't it? Especially in terms of Eurovision. I think you have to regard it as a whole and not ask for compromises.

MopManMoss

Veteran
It is sorta avantgarde, isn't it? Especially in terms of Eurovision. I think you have to regard it as a whole and not ask for compromises.

I love avantgarde at Eurovision :pt: 2019 & :rs: 2022 were both in my top 3 but Serbia this year just isn’t on the same level as those too and comes off as amateur and pointless over dramatic at times

midnightsun

Veteran
Sheldon was GORGEOUS!

But, that aside, Serbia is officially my #1 this year right now (apart from my own country, which is my actual #1 but since I can’t vote for it..). Congratulations. I don’t think I‘ve ever had Serbia as my #1. Not even 2004 and 2012 when Serbia was my #2 in both years. Well technically it’s my #2 this year as well, but… enough chit chat.

That song is AWESOME! It’s a masterpiece. It’s perfect. Everything is staged so well - the moans, the laughter, the hand gestures, the Hello, the mysterious sentences whispered in Serbian… everything is perfectly at the perfect spot in the song. It’s an eargasm when listend to with headphones on and visually stunning if you watch the live performance.

There is a small chance Luke is not able to deliver live.
The live staging in the NF is PERFECT! The "end time" visuals have a grip on you instantly, that dark vibe, the people with the masks, Luke doing movements like an obedient soldier, his clothes, the incredible "terminator“ graphics in the background. It all fits together perfectly but we all know many countries have a completely different staging at Eurovision and the „wow“ effect isn’t anymore.
I saw his performance at MF and only him and a jacket on stage does not work. The song loses half its impact. The song is not a song, it’s a PACKAGE which has to be delivered to the Eurovision stage undamaged, as a whole.

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's annual review:

This is... something. I am not sure quite yet what to make of it and it leaves a similar feeling as Serbia last year. It's moody, a bit theatrical, and a bit dark. I kinda like it though, not really top. 10 material for me but maybe top. 15?

Ezio

Veteran
Serbia's Eurovision game is mostly top notch, so is this year. After their hosting gig, they started to send some crazy shit songs, and once again in 2018, but my overall impression of them is quite positive.

This year's song is just amazing. The live performance looks so interesting, the song is really out there, spooky, tantalizing. I feel a thrill down my leg. I don't think it slaps so hard as their entries in 2021 but 2022, though I think it's the best of the three.

Top 10 is possible this year, because some betting odds favourites are overhyped and Serbia has a lot of support from different countries, although a vulnerable lack of neighbours also.

It's a strong 10 from me, not quite enough for a 12 though, because in a year of weird songs with unexpected changes of pace and melody, this is not the prime example for this kind of song. The chorus lacks a little bit of oomph.

Top Bottom