6 4.1%

9 6.2%

26 17.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Serbia-scaled.jpg

aletem

Ok, so I heard them and yeah there are some pretty good songs here.

Neda - Bomba - Al cura dobro peva. E jebiga iskustvo radi. :lol: I like it. She is pretty famous, you'll get a top10 televote with her in the final for sure!
Andrija Jo - Oci Meduze - Yeah, I also like this one. Like I said I knew him from before, but didn't know he was a singer. Good looks + good and modern song = good combo!
Bojana - Kao muzika - Lepo! Svidja mi se! Out of the ballads, it is probably the best one imo.
Rocher Etno Band - Pretty cool, they have a nice song with nice ethno elements.

Svadba Velika - WTF? Ami G and Mica Trofrtaljka can do this a lot better, just saying..

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

Yazy

After listening to all the studio versions few times, the strongest song in my honest opinion is "Oči Meduze" by Andrija Jo.
The second strongest I find to be "Sudnji dan" by Thea Devy.

These are my impressions that are based on studio versions only. My opinion will likely change when live performances come out.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Guys, is my signature visible to everyone? I wrote ivana Jordan beovizija winner 6.2 2020.... While everyone else is fascinated by the hyped names hurricane, neda and andrija jovanovic, I chose random one. Actually for me it's not random, cause Im used to be the only one who noticed quality. I liked this song from the beginning and that's key in Eurovision. It's not her best song, but in this lineup it's enough. xcheer

Most of the songs I haven't heard. BTW, I hate myself for saying this but I like 3rd minute of banes song. xrollinglol But it's not enough because first 2 mins are so flat and boring. Ppl say he stole it from zeljko jox ledja o ledja. Anyway, I hope I will never again see bane in beovizija. Sorry not sorry.

Last edited:

slatka

'Oči Meduze' sounds like faded by alan walker except worse in every possible way and I dislike both songs. I really don't understand the hype for a lowkey boring song with a singer whose vocals are mediocre at best. I keep trying to like it but I just can't.

slatka

My top 5.
1. Naiva - Baš, baš
2. Hurricane - Hasta la vista
3. Ivana Jordan - Vila
4. Neda Ukraden - Bomba
5. Milan Bujaković feat. Olivera Popović - Niti

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

Uto

Veteran
Worked my way through the Serbian selection. That was *not* fun. A lot of very average songs, most of them severely lacking in actual entertainment value. Melodically weak across the board, trying to save their pieces of nothing by trying to do something clever with the production, but it's just not happening. These songs are not bad per se, but the result is just boring and you're going to be destroyed at Eurovision if you're boring.

Shit Tier:
Nenad Ceranic​
Veruj U Sebe​
Neda Ukraden​
Bomba​
Sanja Bogosavljevic​
Ne Pustam​
Ivan Kurtic ft Mistik Cello​
Sabajle​
Bora Dugic I Balkubano​
Svadba Velika​
Karizma​
Ona Me Zna​

Average/Boring Tier:
Andrija Jo​
Oci Meduze​
Ana Milenkovic​
Tajna​
Milica Mishic​
Kisha​
Marko Markovic​
Kolachi​
Lift​
Samo Mi Kazhi​
EJO​
Trag​
Bane Mojicevic​
Cvet Sa Prokletija​
Igor Simic​
Ples Za Rastanak​
Rocher Etno Bend​
Samo Ti Tumesh To​
Lazar Zhivanovic​
Puklo Je Nebo​
Ivana Jordan​
Vila​
Hurricane​
Hasta La Vista​

So there are 6 songs left that I think could be a valid choice:

Bojana Mashkovic - Kao Muzika : This was shaping up to be a solid ballad and then at 1:35 it just crashes and burns. After that it picks up again, but it has just been killed by the worst key change I have heard in a very very long time. If they just change that to something tasteful this is really quite solid and easy to stage. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying it's good. It's unoriginal and utter kitsch, but this might get Serbia out of its semis and into the final where it will be burned at the stake by stuff like Oculis Videre.

Milan Bujakovic ft Olivera Popovic - Niti : Now this is some nice production. There's no song here, but the production alone has me entertained. The bass is nice and lush and there's all these sounds with high reverb on them. His timbre fits this backdrop perfectly. Then at some point he screams as if he's going to perish soon and this girl enters the song and starts singing this mantra and the song pretty much fizzles after that. The whole last minute makes no sense. So yeah basically, this is hardly a song, absolutely hopeless, but it's going to sound beautiful. Last year Slovenia didn't do too bad with whatever that was. This could somehow work.

Srdjan Lazic - Dusha I Telo : This song is absolutely laughable when not taken at face value, but it's good fun and has pretty much no downsides at all. It's just consistently ticking all the boxes. The melody is simple but fun, there's a good dynamic from verse to chorus, this is easy to stage, the singer seems charismatic and able to carry this, the bridge is weird but gives room a cool visual cue. There's nothing wrong here, it's just not at all original. If the man happens to be extremely charismatic (like 1% of Serhat-levels) this could well be an option.

Amvon Duo I Bilja - Raj : Not much to say here, this is pretty much like last entry just a decent pop song trying to touch all the bases it has to. Where this one is not nearly as fun, it makes up for that by adding some spice to the production and some more variety in its vocal lines. Feel like this has a lower floor but a higher ceiling than Dusha I Telo and pretty much all the other entries Serbia has. This is one I would seriously consider if their performance is great.

Thea Devy - Sudnji Dan : Nice pop ballad, first entry that's actually melodically quite strong. It also runs straight into my national predilection for yummy drops. There are some problems here. The production could have been better, it's very flat now and I'm not a fan of leaving out the drop after the first chorus, because that chorus ends up being anticlimactic. If this gets a face-lift it's probably Serbia's best chance at scoring a top 10 position at ESC. This isn't a winner though by any means.

Naiva - Bash Bash : Zany latin pop. There's not really much to say here. This song is just good fun and doesn't try to be anything more than that. Very wise choice. It's pretty much perfect at what it tries to do. This is going to entertain everyone that's listening to it and will do so for eternity. It's a finished product, it's not particularly hard to come up with staging for stuff like this, it's just an easy ride for Serbia. There's just a single huge downside which is that this isn't going to be catching the attention of the jury and you're basically relying on the granny votes so to speak. That's not the worst pond to go fishing in. Completely viable choice, wouldn't mind seeing this in Rotterdam.

Last edited:

LastDreamer

Banned
Why Hurricane and Andrija Jo have so much views on YouTube ?
Anrija Jo - over 600.000
Hurricane - 530.000
The rest from 15.000 to 65.000

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Anrija Jo - over 600.000
Hurricane - 530.000

Because they're favourites probably. Neda Ukraden has 653k on her official video though, not the beovizija one.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Anrija Jo - over 600.000
Hurricane - 530.000
It's not a mistery. When someone is so hyped up, people want to see what's the fuss about. For them every result except the first place would be disappointment because of the hype. I still believe the only winner would be ivana Jordan. Mark my words.

Uto

Veteran
Anrija Jo - over 600.000
Hurricane - 530.000
They are probably established artists. There is no correlation with quality of vocals, quality of production or my perceived quality of the song itself.

Uto

Veteran
It's not a mistery. When someone is so hyped up, people want to see what's the fuss about. For them every result except the first place would be disappointment because of the hype. I still believe the only winner would be ivana Jordan. Mark my words.
Why do you like it so much? I felt it was one of the weaker songs in an already weak set of songs, mainly because there's hardly any melodic consistency and the production is frankly a mess. I predict it will just be fodder at Eurovision.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Why do you like it so much? I felt it was one of the weaker songs in an already weak set of songs, mainly because there's hardly any melodic consistency and the production is frankly a mess. I predict it will just be fodder at Eurovision.
Maybe because deep down I'm also a talented singer. I would do anything to be able to sing out loud. Unfortunately, my talent will never be seen in public. If only i could turn back time and realise that whatever happened long time ago wasn't my fault and shouldn't affect me or damage my reputation.

Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't listened to 2/3 of beovizija songs. Not everytime best song wins. But if we judge fairly, ivana Jordan will win it. Save your post after beovizija and we will discuss it. Have a nice day.

Uto

Veteran
Maybe because deep down I'm also a talented singer. I would do anything to be able to sing out loud. Unfortunately, my talent will never be seen in public. If only i could turn back time and realise that whatever happened long time ago wasn't my fault and shouldn't affect me or damage my reputation.
I don't know how this pertains to the song, but if you want to sing out loud just do it. By not doing what you want to do you are also turning back time, but this time instead of projecting a past into the future you're projecting your future into the past. That's just silly and it seems harmful in the long run if you're not going to break that habit. Just have fun and if you're really scared of what people might think maybe you can find someone who has time to listen to you (maybe a singing instructor?).

MalagaToledo

Banned
It's too late for me. At this point I would only damage myself if I was famous cause ppl would do anything to hurt u. That's why I'm trying to focus on positives and better myself. I know I did some things I regret doing and I hope I will finish in heaven. BTW, I'm not the healthiest person, but it is what it is. If you sing out loud, ppl think u are lunatic. I could only do that if I'm in mountains, lol.

BTW, someone asked matt what does he think about hurricane. He said I don't know who that is. Gold

aletem

@aletem

What about Hurricane?
Eh, no.. not at the moment at least.... I usually like these type of songs, but it feels non-existent. Like it's not even there, empty, dry. I also think in that particular semi it may even struggle with the televote.

Top Bottom