Staff member
Me once I saw Hurricane qualified and watched their performance:
tenor.gif

Me when I saw they drew 2nd before Neda and Andrija:
tumblr_p10hgnXBBT1vc5xspo1_400.gifv

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
And that is an injustice. I see this happen with male artists and I can't stand for discrimination.
This is exactly why the words 'sexual objects' were chosen. If you are blind to this kind of signalling the problem is with you.
sis are you still not aware that calling women sexual objects is WRONG

men being sexualized usually have other roots (eg fetishization of a race, like it happens with black men). when it happens to women, the reason is misogyny (racism/xenophobia/homophobia etc may ALSO be part of the act but the misogyny will always be there). they are not the same oppression and they will never be.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
bebi dol brazilian icon was the highlight of the show xheat

i'm so sad my fave (vila) is out. with this draw, i think hurricane/neda/andrija are kind of dead? tbh i'm expecting a kolaci victory at this point.

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
bebi dol brazilian icon was the highlight of the show xheat

i'm so sad my fave (vila) is out. with this draw, i think hurricane/neda/andrija are kind of dead? tbh i'm expecting a kolaci victory at this point.
I doubt our jury will go for Kolači...
"Niti" for them more probably...

Mrm

Veteran
i'm... not a fan of niti.

i don't want to dislike serbia it has never happened before :((((((
But Niti cant win televoting... :D
On the other hand last year was such a surprise in televoting... :eek:

Mrm

Veteran
who do you think it's gonna win? one of the faves?
Yes, I still think Hurricane will be the one.. Even with 6-8 from the jury they can win...
Neda would be for me though... :p
Im gonna vote Neda, Niti and Naiva, 3N! :D

yuya.rooo

Hasta la vista is such a bop, my wig just flew over to the US xheat
I don’t what to get all hyped but I can’t help it. Please don’t mess this up, Serbia!

Loindici

Veteran
I have my trust in Serbia. HURRICANE, THEA, or NEDA! once they chose ANDRIJA JO of all people, you know who's going to be last in my list.

LastDreamer

Banned
DNQ for "Vila" xshock

I'm ready for the contest, when my # 1 will have :4:
Now only three countries can save this year for me ( :ch: :sm: :ie: )

MalagaToledo

Banned
I'm sorry to say this but Serbia if you choose anyone else but Andrija I'm gonna give you 0 pt. Andrijas fans poludite. I hope jurry will put cheapness in the right place so Andrija can win it. 11 songs are so uninspiring to me.

I mean things would be different if Bojana, Jordan or Rocher band qualified. Now I have to delete my signature. Because they got bad taste, I look like a dork now. xscared :lol:

Kaz

Niti is definitely a song I can get behind. The genre seems inspired by Sebi's success last year but they staged it in a really intriguing way.

A-lister

Veteran
Mark this being the next national final where juries once again will screw it all up... xshrug

Gooo Hurricane though !!! But looking at the season so far, juries are the biggest party-poopers out there (just like in ESC) , so we'll probably get yet another conventional ballad because the singer is "stable" (song though is irrelevant to juries...)

opinionsigotem

Wait, hold up - none of you told me Tijana did a cover of Proud IN A TAMARA WIG what an icon

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Uto

Veteran
Watched the performances of the qualifiers. Pretty decent selection actually. I thought the staging was generally pretty good and most songs came alive on stage, which is a good sign.

EJO - Trag
Play this at increased speed and it turns into a sort of fun J-Pop track. This is never going to be good enough at the speed it's performed at though. It is a tedious song without any upsides and the staging is just so-so. Tragic choice this would be.

Thea Devy - Sudnji Dan
Staging is a mess. The dress, the visuals, ugh. The fact that she doesn't scream that Sudnji Dan part herself the first time doesn't help either. Apart from those things I like everything here. She's got the stage presence, she most certainly has the vocals and the song isn't really much to write home about, but it's decent. Sending this would be an okay choice. Definitely not a certain qualifier for the final, but should have a decent shot at it.

Andrija Jo - Oci Meduze
Yeah everything here was pretty competent, but only competent. The song is just a bit dated and doesn't really have the melodies to hook me in. Staging was messy, but they got away with it because the dude has the charisma. Entertaining as filler basically. This is decent, but it's a far cry from actually being good and I would advise against sending this to Rotterdam.

Marko Markovic - Kolachi
Staging just works, vocals were surprisingly good, song is just some folk diddy we've heard a thousand times before but it's entertaining at least. It's just tedious after two minutes and I would have preferred a more solid break in the song. Longer bridge perhaps. Yeah, this was pretty okay. If this goes to Rotterdam it would be a decent entry in the 'joke' category and might qualify for the final as such. A decent plan B.

Neda Ukraden - Bomba
She just slayed. The song isn't great by any means, but it's entertaining enough. Her vocals were good, but her stage presence is downright uncanny. This was staged in a way that didn't really do anything, but it became something because she was there. She could sell any song like a pro. Logical that she is in the final then, this is solid entertainment. Don't think this would do much in Rotterdam. The whole package seems too dated to really be convincing, but it's hard to say. I think this should not be chosen, but it's not the worst choice.

Igor Simic - Ples Za Rastanak
Cool staging concept, but they could have done a lot more with that. Still, makes for an entertaining performance by default. It's rather unfortunate then that the song just isn't all that good. This isn't going to do anything in Rotterdam, it doesn't take any risks and it would just be an average entry in an average genre. It will be completely covered by a couple of other entries and you have to rely on your staging to get the votes. I don't think that will work.

Lift - Samo Mi Kazhi
Staging is generally decent, but their lead singer looks he he isn't quite comfortable on stage. Song isn't great, but there's nothing wrong with it and it's comfortably within the confines of what would work at ESC. That dude really just needs to do a line of coke before coming on stage and this would be a solid entry. This would also be fine in Rotterdam I think, but it's very hard to predict rock entries, because it's never been clear who the actual audience is that votes for this stuff. If he doesn't fix his stage presence this is dead.

Milan Bujaković feat. Olivera Popović - Niti
This is magnificent, but it needs a little bit more spice I think to win over enough people, because it's extremely sparse right now and a bit too repetitive. This won't win, but if it somehow does it needs some work to break the monotony. You can also do a lot more with the staging here, felt like they didn't do enough. Visuals need to be more striking, more angular. They try to make it look like an artsy video clip that isn't being performed on a stage, which is the right idea, but they didn't go far enough.

Bane Mojicevic - Cvet Sa Prokletija
Well this is better than Croatia at least, but it's still a rather boring ballad that just doesn't really go anywhere. Staging was also very safe and rather boring. I don't know man, this is just not enough, you would have to be seriously lucky to qualify for the final in Rotterdam if you send stuff like this.

Naiva - Bash, bash
The staging is so bad it kills the song. How hard is it exactly to just do a fun old-school dance track? You have to flirt with the camera, wear something cute (instead of a table cloth) and everything should be light. I agree with the colour scheme, white and red with maybe some yellows, that works, but it was all so dark. Yeah this isn't going to work and I think it will be more of the same should this somehow reach Rotterdam. She just doesn't have the necessary performing skills to pull this stuff off.

Hurricane - Hasta la Vista
Really average bop with a very good staging performance. Love their outfits, they show good energy, vocals aren't good but easily passable. This is just something that works and given the lack of bops so far at Eurovision this even has a good shot in Rotterdam. It's just not a great song and a revamp isn't going to save it so you're going to be relying on televotes which seriously hampers your chances to be a real success.

Ana Milenković - Tajna
Pretty boring ballad, but it's expertly staged and very well sung. Should probably not be one of the contenders here, but you never know in Serbia. This wouldn't be the worst ballad in Rotterdam, but definitely not the best. They would be wise to avoid this even though it might seem solid. It's already staged to the max so it won't get any better than this, and this is not enough.

My ranking:
1. Niti (if reworked for a bit)
2. Hasta La Vista
3. Kolachi
4. Sudnji Dan
5. Samo Mi Kazhi
6. Bomba

Rest should be hopeless. I can't see anyone but Hurricane winning this though and I'm fine with that.

MalagaToledo

Banned
If bane hypothetically wins, it would be scandal of enormous proportions within esc fans.

Top Bottom