21 11.2%

• Total voters

EscGeek

Veteran
Re: SERBIA 2018

and Simonida Ačević xdance

Realest

That wont happen. Serbia will send someone unfamous like 80% of the Countries.

Mrm

Veteran

That wont happen. Serbia will send someone unfamous like 80% of the Countries.

SHUT UP!! :mad:

It's Andjela Vestica to Lisbon!!!! FULL STOP!

andela-vestica-mitkovski-maldivi-foto-facebook-1438032889-709239.jpg

haos-vestica.jpg

A-lister

Veteran

SHUT UP!! :mad:

It's Andjela Vestica to Lisbon!!!! FULL STOP!

andela-vestica-mitkovski-maldivi-foto-facebook-1438032889-709239.jpg

Almost every Serbian singer in a certain genre look like Drag Queens :lol:

Drag Queen Ceca or Drag Queen Jelena Karleusa would be good choices for ESC, but it's highly unlikely.

DanielLuis

RTS will hold an open internal selection where any composers, Serbian or foreign, can compete, as long as the singer is Serbian.
A panel will shortlist a few entries to be performed on a live show on RTS. They will not know the composers or the singers of these entries. Afterwards another expert panel will make the final decision on who will fly the Serbian flag in Lisbon.
Another big news is that the song will have to be performed in one of Serbia's official languages.

tuorem

RTS will hold an open internal selection where any composers, Serbian or foreign, can compete, as long as the singer is Serbian.
A panel will shortlist a few entries to be performed on a live show on RTS. They will not know the composers or the singers of these entries. Afterwards another expert panel will make the final decision on who will fly the Serbian flag in Lisbon.
Another big news is that the song will have to be performed in one of Serbia's official languages.

Me when reading this:
Y62JBM.gif

Please don't deceive me in this regard! (no last-minute language switch) xheart I'm glad about that news, yet find it sad that a song in native language has to win for people to realise their have their own. Hopefully, more nations will follow that move.

DanielLuis

Me when reading this:
Y62JBM.gif

Please don't deceive me in this regard! (no last-minute language switch) xheart I'm glad about that news, yet find it sad that a song in native language has to win for people to realise their have their own. Hopefully, more nations will follow that move.

At least Slovenia will also apply the language rule next year. And France also announced the same too, didn't they? Or that the majority of the song has to be in French at least

tuorem

At least Slovenia will also apply the language rule next year. And France also announced the same too, didn't they? Or that the majority of the song has to be in French at least

Apparently, some of us (including me) got excited about Slovenia too quickly... According to EscGeek, an article said RTVSLO will simply force next year's acts to sing in Slovenian in the semis and leave the language choice for the final (like in Iceland), which certainly means all songs will be in English by the time they qualify :( I hope some will stick to Slovenian though: given Iceland recent failures, I'm not sure it was a good example to follow... And on top of that I find that new requirement really useless: people vote for a song in its entirety, not just an instrumental. The musicality of the language plays a big part in setting the atmosphere of a song imo.

Regarding France, submissions have to contain at least 70% of French lyrics. In other words, they low-key encourage people to continue our silly trend of English sentences insertion even though it's unnecessary. :? I wait for our potential songs before complaining, but given your success this year, I don't see the point of trying hard with our English lines that tell nothing interesting.

Scooby

What we know for now is that Jelena Tomašević (ESC Serbia 2008) submited a song. Same for Aleksandar Milić Mili and his band Miligram. Bojana Stamenov (Serbia 2015) is probably in and rumors said for a duet song Maja Nikolić & Saška Janković.

Sammy

Veteran

which is a good thing. Montenegro and France are also bringing back a NF. The more, the better! xup
There have been too many internal selections over the past years (yes I'm also looking at you, Austria)

Mrm

Veteran

Maja Nikolic, ahahahhah :lol:

I hope Andjela Vestica has sent entry to the festival

Mrm

Veteran

"LIMUNADA" go to Lisbon! xmusicxyaayxwhistle

aletem

New star!!! :cool: :lol: