23 12.3%

9 4.8%

16 8.6%

15 8.0%

8 4.3%

21 11.2%

• Total voters

Citelis

I expect something like that this year too. If staging is good then chances are increasing but appearing 3rd is not helping.

lolita

I expect something like that this year too. If staging is good then chances are increasing but appearing 3rd is not helping.

Me, too, if we will be out of final, we will be 11th 100% sure. I hope for good staging, and maybe because this semi is EXTREMELY WEAK, we have chances to get through. :)

Yeah, true, I forgot about it, but point stays the same: we were first after borderline. :( We were always close to final, last year we missed it for 3 points.

Last year you guys had an okay song.. nothing special imho. Staging felt totally empty and her singing wasn't good. Running order screwed you up too. Such a song gets totally forgotten when it has to start from #1. Another thing that was not in your favour was Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia and Hungary all having a strong televote and sucking up your regional points.

People tend to forget that Serbia has a pretty solid diaspora. They don't only have Montenegro and Slovenia voting for them in this semi. France for example gave 12 to Cipela. Italy, Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands and Australia mostly have them above average and often give points to their weaker songs in the semi. Germany has a lot of Serbs, but in the last years they were not active, maybe with a song in Serbian. Low points from Russia, Hungary and Romania are also possible.
On the other hand this semi is missing UK, Ireland and two of the Baltic States who are usually not even giving any points to stronger songs from the Balkan like 'Molitva' 'Lane Moje' 'Oro' 'Lejla' or 'Nije ljubav stvar'. 2013 had 4 of those countries voting which helped Ireland Lithuania and Estonia finish on position 8-10 making Serbia miss out on an 11th place.

This year its a 50:50 thing for me. At least they are much more memorable than last year and the semi is not as strong. Big issue is that the song does not feel jury friendly at all.

People everywhere are reacting like it could only appeal to diaspora, I don't think this is the case: (Serbia starts at about 9:40)

lolita

Last year you guys had an okay song.. nothing special imho. Staging felt totally empty and her singing wasn't good. Running order screwed you up too. Such a song gets totally forgotten when it has to start from #1. Another thing that was not in your favour was Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia and Hungary all having a strong televote and sucking up your regional points.

People tend to forget that Serbia has a pretty solid diaspora. They don't only have Montenegro and Slovenia voting for them in this semi. France for example gave 12 to Cipela. Italy, Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands and Australia mostly have them above average and often give points to their weaker songs in the semi. Germany has a lot of Serbs, but in the last years they were not active, maybe with a song in Serbian. Low points from Russia, Hungary and Romania are also possible.
On the other hand this semi is missing UK, Ireland and two of the Baltic States who are usually not even giving any points to stronger songs from the Balkan like 'Molitva' 'Lane Moje' 'Oro' 'Lejla' or 'Nije ljubav stvar'. 2013 had 4 of those countries voting which helped Ireland Lithuania and Estonia finish on position 8-10 making Serbia miss out on an 11th place.

This year its a 50:50 thing for me. At least they are much more memorable than last year and the semi is not as strong. Big issue is that the song does not feel jury friendly at all.

People everywhere are reacting like it could only appeal to diaspora, I don't think this is the case: (Serbia starts at about 9:40)

Thank you for your support and nice words! I also think it is 50/50, but I am not so optimistic, because this reaction on Youtube, is one of the rare completely positive reactions, they are mostly mixed, and people think this song is just weird for some reason. It is unique, though, but not many people like that style.

I have seen that this song does get a lot of hate and many people whishing it not to get to the finals.
I am someone who appreciates diversity. Rona Nishlu was a big wtf for me and not exactly my cup of tea, but I do watch the Eurovision Song Contest because of songs like this and not to have 43 songs that all sound like the swiss song.
Today on the biggest german fansite the review for this song came out and most of the comments are extremely harsh. One guy said this is the worst song in Eurovision history. A lot of comments said this is their last place or very near to it. Someone said it would be biggest crime of the year if this qualifies. One said the singer looks like a drug dealer. And I am only thinking "Why this negativity? Isn't this something that feels like Eurovision?"
On the other side I don't get why so many people hype the songs from Finland, Australia or Cyprus like crazy. They can be enjoyable, but somehow feel basic to me.

lolita

I have seen that this song does get a lot of hate and many people whishing it not to get to the finals.
I am someone who appreciates diversity. Rona Nishlu was a big wtf for me and not exactly my cup of tea, but I do watch the Eurovision Song Contest because of songs like this and not to have 43 songs that all sound like the swiss song.
Today on the biggest german fansite the review for this song came out and most of the comments are extremely harsh. One guy said this is the worst song in Eurovision history. A lot of comments said this is their last place or very near to it. Someone said it would be biggest crime of the year if this qualifies. One said the singer looks like a drug dealer. And I am only thinking "Why this negativity? Isn't this something that feels like Eurovision?"
On the other side I don't get why so many people hype the songs from Finland, Australia or Cyprus like crazy. They can be enjoyable, but somehow feel basic to me.

Agree with you completely about here mentioned songs, I find all of them extremely overrated and bland. We just shouldn't pay so much attention to all that hate speech, we should enjoy songs we love, even when many people hate them. :)

Citelis

I don't hate the song but i have predicted that it won't qualify! To be honest when i heard it first time i liked it but now it faded on me so much that is on my bottom 10!
Of course is not the worst song ever! That title goes to Rybak! :p
Also Gergian and Armenian horrible entries are far worse than this one!

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
i don't really get the hate tbh

lolita

i don't really get the hate tbh

In my opinion, this year lot of songs that doesn't deserve the hate get it, and some others that deserve, they are glorified, so I am confused, but ok.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
In my opinion, this year lot of songs that doesn't deserve the hate get it, and some others that deserve, they are glorified, so I am confused, but ok.

there aren't many hateful songs this year, i probably dislike 10? which is the least since 2014 lmao

Mrm

Veteran
[MENTION=10943]hunty73[/MENTION]

Look there is reggae version of our entry, in English, it seems interesting! :D :)

Do you like our entry (original version in Serbian)?

lolita

[MENTION=10943]hunty73[/MENTION]

Look there is reggae version of our entry, in English, it seems interesting! :D :)

Do you like our entry (original version in Serbian)?

Yes, I love it, I find the song nice and unique, and I love their voices, they are so powerful, especially Danica's, she is our gem. :) I hope that staging would be good, too. :)

mauve

Veteran
I really like this song, but sorry to say this: the staging was really boring. :( Would have wished a Little more dynamic and vitality.

lolita

I think it will be good at the end. For song like this nothing particular in stage is not needed, just to transmit the emotion, they can't dance like Eleni, it is not for the theme of this song. We have Einstein, at least. ;)

Top Bottom